Profile: saintvivant1
About
User Name: saintvivant1
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 38
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: that: pronoun or part of the that-clause?
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:27:12 PM
If you eliminated "that" in the sentence it still make sense. Thus:"The truth is to play like the greats, you have to do what the greats do." "That" is used here as a demostrative pronoun. "That" can also be used as a adjective or an adverb.
Topic: pull your head (skull) in = shut up or mind your own business
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 9:21:36 PM
I think it might mean don't have such a big ego, or "big head" as it is known in America. The message is don't flatter yourself.
Topic: Before In 3 Days
Posted: Monday, August 2, 2010 12:32:06 AM
What is the context of this phrase? If in a poem, it might sound better to say it this way:
"No lie, I would die ere three days with this sorrow."
Topic: Which word is the subject ?
Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2010 9:46:40 PM
I believe the subject is "what".
Topic: Check My Sentence Please
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 9:48:02 PM
In this sentence "bereft" is bereft of an object.
Topic: Silvia by Shakespeare - interpretation
Posted: Thursday, July 8, 2010 11:34:16 PM
I think you could paraphrase the 1st line as "Love returns to her eyes" and the suggestion is, I believe, that this is habitual.
Him is "Love (love is blind) and he is somehow made whole or cured of his blindness(randomness) because love is true when shinning in her eyes.
Basically the lines add up to "She is awesome because she can help Love(maybe Cupid)be more on target".
Topic: GAME:- DOUBLE LETTER WORDS
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 7:44:57 PM
Could Oxymoron be making a joke...tongue in "chEEk"?
Topic: William Shakespeare
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2010 10:59:59 PM
Shakespeare's command of the English language is unparalleled by any other writer. The sources for the plays are well documented but there is little question that his dramatizations of these stories far exceeded the artistic merit of the original stories. The plays have stood the test of time and stand on there own.
Topic: what did Saudi Arabia do regards their oil spill in 1991?
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:28:43 PM
Check out Wikpedia: "Gulf War Oil Spill" According to this article there was no clean up in many areas and there are long term effects.
Topic: Is this true?
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:43:07 PM
You left one out. They also get a job when they come to the US. Offering a job to them is illlegal yet this activity is never prosecuted. Also, the only people in the US who are not immigrants or the decendants of immigrants are Native American Indians.