Home Page igoogle
Statistics
Number of Posts: 23
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The Kaaba
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:05:38 PM
I see. Thank you.
Topic: There is an ancient saying, famous among men, that thou shouldst not judge fully of a man's life before he dieth, whether it...
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:57:03 PM
Personally... my feelings lean toward... "The opera isn't over until the fat lady sings."
Or--as Yogi Berra would say: "It ain't over until it's over.”
And… of course, my trusty fortune cookie tells me-- “you can’t judge the length of a snake by its skin.” :)
Topic: The Kaaba
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 11:45:07 PM
Response to Fred:

Will you explain this more?
Topic: Any man may be in good spirits and good temper when he's well dressed. There ain't much credit in that.
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:02:56 PM
I am in agreement with Mr. Lewis.
Topic: It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that...
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2009 12:59:27 PM
I think the most intelligent minds of the world have this amazing ability to speak simply, in simple terms, in which everything that exists in the world, in all its complexities,can be understood by children and the most humble among us.
Topic: Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:13:26 PM

I don't believe that one can be truly noble in one's life without kindness.
Topic: Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:31:13 PM
I love George Eliot's writing. I have read almost everything she has written. Whether or not she is a man or a woman (etc.)isn't important. I think the picture of her is not a "good one" mostly because of her dress and hair style...I know that I certainly have had my "off days". However,as with anything, there is "good" and "bad" in everything. What one anticipates is generally the good. It is only after wards that one realizes the down side of something. Perhaps a word of caution from woman on a bad hair day isn't such a negative thing...
Topic: Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:29:22 PM
I love George Eliot's writing. I have read almost everything she has written. Whether or not she is a man or a woman (etc.)isn't important. I think the picture of her is not a "good one" mostly because of her dress and hair style...I know that I certainly have had my "off days". However,as with anything, there is "good" and "bad" in everything. What one anticipates is generally the good. It is only after wards that one realizes the down side of something. Perhaps a word of caution from woman on bad hair day isn't such a negative thing...
Topic: A little learning, indeed, may be a dangerous thing, but the want of learning is a calamity to any people.
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:04:43 PM
I suppose a partial understanding of something is a little bit of knowledge that lacks the wisdom of something fully understood--and what is the sense in that? On the other hand, no knowledge at all is total ignorance, and what good can come out of that?
Topic: All credibility, all good conscience, all evidence of truth come only from the senses.
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:17:20 PM
One’s sense of truth is “seen” in many different lights, and is found within many different shadows, and it is reflected from many different spheres… What is written in one’s heart is not seen nor felt in another’s. And in a sense, ones “sense” of “truth” is ultimately personal. And in the end, one must trust one’s own perception of what is light and what is darkness.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.