User Name: rockinmom
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: simple question about evil
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:55:58 PM
Coldhearted have you noticed the number of views for your topic? Wow! People are reading the heck outta this. I just hope that people aren't discouraged from actually replying to your question for fear of getting yelled at, bullied or talked down to by others in this forum. After all, everyone is entitled to an opinion. You, like many others, value the opinion of others and actually use opportunities like this to learn and I commend you. Good luck to you out there wherever you are.
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:49:26 PM
psst...coldhearted...lean in here and let me whisper to you...i think your right, i think bugdoctor is a little bitter...could be that dry merlot...maybe he should try a sweet wine.
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:38:55 AM
The original question was "what does evil mean to you". I think I answered what evil means to me. We all have a different view. For each individual person their answer is correct for them.
Yes, the dictionary states the evil is an adjective and a noun. That wasn't the question though was it?!
Thank you Coldhearted for the compelling question (I use compelling in it's
adjective form meaning impressive).
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:46:35 AM
No I don't believe animals are capable of evil. Yes, one way of displaying your evil intentions would be to hurt maliciously and with intent to cause harm.
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:36:44 AM
Evil to me is a verb. Evil is what we do to each other. All the pain and suffering we cause each other. Not accidently of course, but on purpose.
Topic: British words
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 10:23:12 AM
To be gobsmacked is to be dumbfounded, speechless or without words of reply.
I am gobsmacked to add words of proper English derivation to your forum Joseph.
That was pretty cheesy of me. What can I say it's saturday and I have need to veg.
Topic: words associated with the idea of pain and suffering.
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2009 6:47:30 PM
Dawgteacher I wished I lived in your world where accidents didn't cause to real pain. When my 34 year old husband died in a car "accident" leaving me and 2 small children behind, I have to say that I was physically sick with pain and suffering. Accidents happen everyday even to Americans and my pain counts just as much as the pain of war or starvation.

My word to add is excruciating.
Topic: Favorite Movie Lines
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 8:11:29 PM
"She worships the quicksand I walk on." Steel Magnolias
Topic: Oldsters words and phrases
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 9:45:36 AM
six of one, half a dozen of another
it's neither here nor there
don't count your chickens before they hatch
Topic: What is your favorite word?
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 9:29:57 AM
Salacious is a very good word.