Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,437
[0.14% of all post / 0.35 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Wake up Admin, PLEASE
Posted: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 10:25:31 AM
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

Gracious! Brother-in-mood, back here?
I remember a lot about something you wrote here, also seriously.
Been missing your comments. If only we could get old KKB together and back in the business again.

Ah JJ, hello hello! How well I remember the good times with the old gang. Oh crap, now I'm gonna cry, sniff...manly tears of course...gotta maintain my mojo ;-)

I just dropped by to support Epi's comments. You know my history so you'll understand.

Hi to all the old gang and a special hello to GG, I hope you return to TFD. For current posters and us 'lurkers' TFD simply won't be the same without your humor and wise counsel.

B.

Posted: Monday, October 4, 2010 10:37:11 PM
gradyone wrote:
TB wrote:
PS. I'm not here...must be my evil twin Anxious

TB!!!!!!!!!!! Evil twin, ugly stepsister, perverted cousin, whatever -- Always good to see you stomping around the forums again!
Will you please tell Fred to come back, too -- if only for a cameo appearance!

Thanks gradyone, you are most kind. Sorry about my sloppy post; I just edited the comment a second time; I'm out of practice. I'll pass your message along to Fred if I ever run across him.
Posted: Monday, October 4, 2010 9:54:18 PM
Epiphileon wrote:

Please add an "Ignore Member" function.

We have losing too many valuable members to the increased number of posters who feel that pompous arrogance, and personal attacks are legitimate communication styles. I believe this to be somewhat a function of the age of a forum, unavoidably it is found by such. The original intent of this forum was a very good idea; however when some of the most helpful people are choosing to cease participating, something must be done.

Applause

I can't remember, but I think I once wrote something (only slightly tongue in cheek) about having a way to permanently vote long-term trouble makers off TFD Island.

PS. Did anyone ever win my toaster?
PPS. I miss you guys.

I'm not here...must be my evil twin Anxious

Topic: What song touches your heart?
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 1:04:23 PM
I hope you don't mind but I want to share this with my friends. Today, the 'tone' somehow touches my heart.

Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNKmHvI1s8o
Topic: Books are good enough in their own way, but they are a poor substitute for life.
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 1:12:38 AM
Daemon wrote:
Books are good enough in their own way, but they are a poor substitute for life.

Maybe life is good enough in it's own way but it is a poor substitute for books. Think
Topic: Why do US citizens seldom travel outside their country?
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 12:25:07 AM
moorwood wrote:
MIB I have wondered the same thing myself but to be fair one would have to compare the percentages of people who have the means and opportunity. And I assume you are talking about tourists. I wonder if any studies have been done. If it is true, I imagine the main reason would be that most Americans prefer to travel around their own beautiful and varied country first - which is perfectly understandable. (I love visiting America and I'm not even a Yank.) I doubt whether there are many (who could afford it and have the opportunity) who can't be bothered to go overseas or take the view that the rest of the world isn't worth
seeing (although I know that that is sometimes said by people who are a bit anti Americans).

We hope to visit Australia one day. I just wish I had enough time to see it all. We will spend three weeks in England this coming summer.
Topic: What is happening to the forum?
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:53:51 PM
doubutsuMother wrote:
"..TB is talking about me. Banal posts I can deal with, it's when posters start in on those that are weaker or different than they are that makes me want to rub it back in their faces..."

"Sure I sometimes don't like the way others treat people, they can be down right ignorant and nasty, and if this was not an anonymous forum I probably would run them out of town. That's what he wants to do to me..."

Wow, where the hell did that come from?

If I remember correctly, I sent you a complimentary PM on the eighth of this month; did you forget? DM, your post came out of deep left field and it comes as a total surprise.

Your name was never on my mind. My PM friends can vouch for that. Six months ago you and I had a little snit about something silly and we resolved it, I thought. Since then I have not mentioned your name ONCE to anyone in PMs or emails. In fact I've enjoyed most of your posts.

I'm sorry you feel as if I'm talking about you but you could not be more wrong and I certainly don't want to run you out of town.

The more I think about it, it's me that needs to get out of this town.

Peace

Topic: Picture Association, Part 2
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 5:04:51 PM
Topic: Errors in novels
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 9:35:33 AM
Discombobulated wrote:
Does anyone else get as irritated about this as i do?

Nope.

Considering how many mistakes I make writing here I feel like I've met a kindred spirit.
Topic: Is religious indoctrination curable?
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 9:04:01 AM
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
kisholoy mukherjee wrote:

Applause

Kisholoy, my dear young friend. Could you please learn to use the delete-key? Thank you in advance ;-)

I'm sure most of you know what JJ is saying but if you missed it:

Save space. Don't copy a huge quote only to post a smiley as a response. Crop the quote or delete itd'oh! Our little 'mouses' scrolling wheels are getting worn out; I may have to take mine in for a retreadBoo hoo!