[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: was punctuation necessary here?
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 8:43:50 AM
I agree.
Topic: was punctuation necessary here?
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 8:03:39 AM
I agree.
Topic: most commonly seen misspellings ?
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:36:43 AM
"Hi,what does n do in a column and why is egg pronounced different when compared to Egypt?"

From what I understand the /G/ sound in Egypt and all other words that have the same /G/ sound is due to the origin of the word. Most of these words are from French or other languages. Words that are originally English are pronounced like the /g/ in egg. Not 100% on this one, though. For example - garage and garbage... No idea how to explain this one. reason that they're both of French origin and the French use both /g/ sounds????????

Spelling: its vs. it's and their/there I see all the time. The phonetic spelling of English words drives me crazy too. I blame it on instant messaging. People are in a hurry to be lazy!
Topic: where the wild things are.
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:11:26 AM
The Snowy Day, Alligator Pie, and most other nonsense verse: Mother Goose &c.
Topic: The Blue Whale
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:05:39 PM
Shouldn't that read largest "mammal"?
Topic: In-Text Citation Format Question
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:03:52 PM
If the question mark is part of the quote it should be placed within the quotation marks. A period should go at the end of the citation.
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2009 1:20:11 AM
Indeed...
Topic: Universal hand signal for "My mistake, I'm sorry"
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 2:34:11 AM
I always thought that you could just give a slight wave and bow to acknowledge your mistake.
Topic: Cultural Superstitions
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 12:00:02 AM
In Korea and China none of the buildings have fourth floors.
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2009 11:54:27 PM
I grew up with it too, and I passed it on to my own son. Maurice Sendak ( Illustrator of Little Bear) wrote and illustrated it. It has been critically acclaimed for its illustration technique. I especially like the fact that as Max's imagination grows, the illustrations begin to cover more and more of the page, then retreat again when he returns to the "real" world. Movie huh? is it animated?