Profile: Ray
About
User Name: Ray
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 157
[0.02% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: There certainly are not so many men of large fortune in the world as there are pretty women to deserve them.
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2017 12:13:19 AM
Unfortuately, I am one of those men in lack of a large fortune. Jane would have overlooked me!
Topic: In this world you've just got to hope for the best and prepare for the worst and take whatever God sends.
Posted: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 1:44:17 AM
I hope the worst is not too bad, the best is wonderful, and that God sends to all of us bountifully.
Topic: Bike Fatalities Up in US
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 6:11:11 AM
In Australia, helmets are compulsory. But then, in Australia we are civilised and also ban gun ownership. USA take note - you live longer with bike helmets and without guns!
Topic: Books are the treasured wealth of the world and the fit inheritance of generations and nations.
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2014 6:05:08 AM
Thoreau always speaks sense.
Topic: ...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2014 11:03:13 PM
Doyle's statement is not true. As a research chemist, isolating new compounds and trying to determine their structures, we often find good reasons to eliminate every conceivable structure, leading to the logical conclusion that the new compound you are holding in your hand does not have a structure!
Topic: Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2014 7:23:15 AM
I recognise A.C. Doyle as genius, but does that make me talented?
Topic: And of all plagues with which mankind are curst, Ecclesiastic tyranny's the worst.
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:35:14 AM
Many still suffer from the plague!
Topic: There are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and...
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:55:40 PM
I don't fully understand this analysis. What does it make me?
Topic: When grace is joined with wrinkles, it is adorable. There is an unspeakable dawn in happy old age.
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 6:21:00 AM
Victor got to ~83 y.o., so he sould know. I'm only 78, but trying hard.
Topic: Search function: Does it work properly?
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 11:56:02 PM
My search experiences have gone overnight from ok to non-existent in The Free Dictionary.

When I click on the Google search box and type in a topic, the system reverts it to TFD search, moves my searc to TFD search, and searches TFD dictionaries. I cannot use the google box at all.

What is wrong?