Profile: aribad
About
User Name: aribad
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Which is the first music album you bought with your own money ?
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 4:02:26 PM
Either "The Monkees" by the Monkees or "Downtown" by Petula Clark.
Topic: Women and foxes, being weak, are distinguished by superior tact.
Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:41:48 PM
The weaker sex is the stronger sex because of the weakness that the stronger sex has for the weaker sex.
Topic: E-Readers
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:51:51 PM
Vickster wrote:
See... I thought about buying an E-book... a Nook... but then, many things can go wrong with computers... they malfunction, die... and then I would lose all my books I bought. I love my books..and keep most of them. Plus...snuggling up with a book sounds better than snuggling up with an E-book...lol. Good Luck!! I've heard great things about the Nook.

With both the Nook and the Kindle you do not lose your books if something happens to your reader. Barnes and Nobel and Amazon.com both keep track of what you have purchased. If you get a new reader you just download your e-library to your new devise.

Both the Nook and the Kindle have nice features. I have actually "played" with a Nook. The touch screen was very difficult for me to use, especially the keyboard. I have pre-ordered the new Kindle and can hardly wait to receive it.

I agree about books. I love books. My Kindle well never replace books completely. But, I just love the idea of having all my books with me all the time.
Topic: MS Word and other word processors
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 10:53:48 AM
[quote=NicoleR]... I remember when I used to type up papers in WordPerfect. Is that program even around anymore? . . .

Not only is it still around, it is still far superior to Word. MS Word assumes your stupid, WordPerfect assumes your smart.
Topic: does rhyme have a place in today's poetry ?
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 6:58:02 PM
prolixitysquared wrote:
Before I knew better, specifically while I was in junior high and senior high, I wrote what can be termed 'teenage poetry,' one brand of that awful variety of writing which rhymes without cease.

Isn't that a little harsh. It's called the learning process.
Topic: Greatest sentence ever!
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 6:53:57 PM
Lindamarie wrote:
That is a great one - I now have to add that book to my reading list!

I like this one:
"I was sitting in a taxi, wondering if I had overdressed for the evening, when I looked out the window and saw Mom rooting through a dumpster." from The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.

That is hilarious. What is the book like? I may read it just because of that sentence.