User Name: Mariael311
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 23
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Romantic Sentences in Different Languages
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 5:37:46 PM
I didn't see any in French or Italian, so hopefully I'm not too late to the party.

French:
Tu es ma joie de vivre - You are the joy of my life
C'est pour toi que je suis - I am here for you
Je t'adore - I adore you
Je t'aime - I love you

Italian:
Ti amo - I love you
Ti amo con tutta l'anima - I love you with all my heart
Il mio cuore è per voi - My heart is for you
Non posso vivere senza voi - I can't live without you

Spanish:
Yo siempre te amare - I will always love you
Topic: Twilight
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 5:30:31 PM
Discombobulated wrote:
To paraphrase a Saturday Night Live skit: I once was an Edward fan until I saw new moon and Jacob took his top off and I thought man, i would love to bake cookies on that chest...

LMFAO!!!! That's great!

After reading the books...I'm still Team Edward!
Topic: Nursery Rhyme Origins & History
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 5:28:13 PM
I remember a professor lecturing about nursery rhymes once. Needless to say, I don't think I remember teaching my neices "Ring around the Posey" *shudders* Ewwww but fascinating!
Topic: Are fantasy books considered literature?
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 5:24:13 PM
Investigator wrote:
Good literature is whatever you really enjoy reading. Who cares what anyone else thinks of it?

I agree!

Literature always reminds me of the books that are on those lists of required reading. I think of Jane Austen, Orwell, Lewis and the likes of them. Then again, literature means written works, so wouldn't all fiction and nonfiction books, regardless of genre, be considered literature?
Topic: Obesity Tax
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:04:38 PM
The Saurus wrote:
The irony of course is that if we tax obesity, the money goes right into the pockets of the "fat cats.

LOL!

Cass wrote:
Mariael311: So you think it's OK for obese people to slowly kill themselves?

No, I absolutely don't think that's OK. I also don't think its cool that people are slowly killing themselves smoking but people keep making the choice to smoke even after the fact that there was an increase in taxes on cigarettes. But its not my choice, it's theirs. We do intervene with people with their addictions to drugs and alcohol but that person has to want to change. You can't force people to change but you can support them in when they do try.

Quote:
We have to realize that treatment of diseases brought on by obesity costs the nation money.

And I'm sure it'll get worst if this whole health reform bill becomes in the US. I think the subsidy would be a good idea but the tax I am completely against. THere are so many companies now that have discounts at gyms but some of their employees never take advantage of it.
Topic: Obesity Tax
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:30:55 AM
I think this is such BS!!! I can't believe the audacity of the government to think that they know what is right for us and therefore, tax the people for indulging themselves. I think it would be great if the government helped those that are obese to join some kind of program that would help those lose weight or made it less expensive to buy healthier food options.

An obesity tax cannot be in any way constitutional. Hell, ethically its not right. How dare they try to tax people because they are overweight. You don't like the way they look...help them, don't tax them! Its their choice to be the way they are!!!

UGH!!! This whole debate angers me! A tax on tanning! Are you serious? Is there going to be an option on my taxes someday that asks me how much time I spend in the sun? UV rays from sun cause cancer! How about those people that do construction or road work and spend all day in the sun? Will they get a break on this so called tax or not?

Effin' government! What the hell is wrong with them?!?!?! This is a free country! People want to indulge in stuff that may kill them someday, well guess what? It's their choice and we as humans have free will!

That's the cleaner version of what I'm thinking....
Topic: Tchaikovsky's music
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 10:16:46 AM
I love, love, love Tchaikovsky!!! The Nutcracker is not my favorite but I still do enjoy to listening to it. "Sleeping Beauty" is my favorite!
Topic: What book defines you?
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 5:47:26 PM
abcxyz wrote:
A chequebook. My parents say they've wasted a lot of money on me.

LMAO!!! Very original!
Topic: I vant to suck your blood!?
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 9:27:59 AM
I want to say Bela Lugosi started it or maybe even the Count on Sesame Street, which now that I think about it was based on Lugosi's Dracula. I have a feeling I'm wrong and that sucks. I should know this since I love everything Vampire related...almost. Ugh! I need a nap!

Hope this helps somewhat!
Topic: Scientists Make Puppies Glow Red
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 10:39:50 AM
I'm a beagle lover and a part of me is just disturbed about this.