User Name: Epiphileon
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4,286
[0.43% of all post / 1.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The US is losing its democratic status
Posted: Monday, September 7, 2020 5:04:08 AM
It is indeed chilling Oscar. What is terrifying is that there is a very real possibility the President will be declared the winner of the next election. I do not think enough people are taking this seriously enough to be sure they vote, and even more so the very real possibility that a loss will not be accepted and we will have a constitutional crisis. The rhetoric is also setting the stage for an armed uprising on the part of supporters if he does lose.
Topic: News Feeds Have Stopped Working
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 2:05:35 PM
Thank you both very much, TFD is my favorite site for my news review and I am very happy to have it back.
That did not however, fix the problems with the forums pages are those going to be remedied as well?
Topic: News Feeds Have Stopped Working
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 4:24:54 AM
I had been waiting to see if these would come back; however, it has been a week or so and all I get on the TFD homepage is "Problem Loading Data" in all of the news feeds I'd selected for my page.

TFD seems to be falling apart recently, I wonder if the new owners have decided on further cuts to services.

Even this page for "Post New Topic" is different again with the area for text entry is now only the left hand third, or so, of the page.
Topic: No tables
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2020 6:24:44 AM
The site is behaving bizarrely. I logged out to see if logging in would fix the table problem that is still occurring. When I tried to log back in it said I had the wrong password, so I tried clicking on "forgot password" it said something like "user name not found". I got back in by clicking on "log in with Facebook".

The tables are still lacking some of the information they used to have, like the last post information to any particular thread.

I think it is odd that admin is not saying anything about it, but I'm not surprised at the level of participation on their part, it has been far less ever since the company was sold years ago.
Topic: little donny strikes to kill Social Security & Medicare
Posted: Sunday, August 9, 2020 4:37:17 AM
The lunacy we're likely to see as this man gets more and more desperate as November approaches is frightening. It absolutely astounds me that any rational human being is still supporting this narcissist.
Topic: I don't want your pennies not your two cents.
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:36:27 AM
Good Morning ChillinDrina, (well at least it is at this time),

I cannot shake a feeling of incredulity upon reading your post. If you are serious I have s number of problems with your reasoning but will mention just two.

Have you considered gravity? The atmosphere is held to the planet by gravitational force. Also, gases obey the laws of fluid dynamics so there is not punching holes in a body of fluid or gas. Do submarines leave tunnels in the ocean?

Have you considered the existence of volcanoes? It would seem by your reasoning that the Earth should be hollow and lack a molten core as all that magma would have flowed to the surface through the numerous holes in the crust from volcanic activity.

Oh and one more thing space doesn't look like anything, what we observe are objects in space so I have to wonder what it is you think we are seeing in the night sky.

(ETA) Oh and that's about $80.00 worth at a rough average of per word compensation for freelance writing.Dancing
Topic: QAnon
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 2:48:04 PM
Topic: pride and humility
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2020 4:42:04 AM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
An earlier line is "Before God, we are just dust and ashes" - so that first sentence is really "Why are we so proud?"

Thanks Drag0, that much does make sense now, like you I find the rest indecipherable.
Topic: The Moon Illusion
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2020 4:19:39 AM
The cause of the phenomenon is accurately known, it is an illusion. It is the mechanics of the illusion that are not fully understood.
Topic: little donny retweets white power video
Posted: Saturday, July 4, 2020 4:41:12 AM
Quote:
Mr Trump called the racial equality demonstrations "a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children".

"We will not be silenced," he said.

This sounds like something straight out of a white supremacy pamphlet.
Once again my capacity for incredulity has been pushed to a level I could never have possibly imagined existed.

Mount Rushmore: Trump denounces 'cancel culture' at 4 July event

If you understand why there are no statues of Nazi's in Germany but defend the monuments to those who defended slavery as a just practice in America, there really isn't much hope for your ability to think rationally when it comes to such issues.