User Name: Betsy D.
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 193
[0.02% of all post / 0.05 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Best Proposal Font
Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:47:52 PM
Thanks, guys :) Long time no see. Hope you're well.
Topic: Best Proposal Font
Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2009 1:08:12 PM
Anyone have suggestions for their favorite proposal font? Geared toward environtmental services... thanks!Drool
Topic: Tenn. couple accused of assault using Cheetos
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 1:25:16 PM
Here's an idea.... let's replace guns with Cheetos. After we're done pelting one another, we can have a good laugh and chow down on the evidence.
Topic: Kentucky pastor welcomes guns in church
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 1:21:12 PM
risadr wrote:
This is disturbing to me. While I fully support the Second Amendment, and I believe that there are a great many cases where privately owned firearms have saved lives, I am a proponent of tighter gun control laws. And I don't believe that firearms have ANY place in any house of worship.

I'm with you, Risadr. And particularly not in any arena where there's any preaching going on about respect for life. Hunting to eat is one thing; owning a gun to protect your home, property and family is one thing... but "everyone oughtta be able to own/carry/use any kind of gun"?? NOT.

The NRA propaganda previously noted is just that. Propaganda. Nobody needs assault weapons. But enough on that...
Topic: words associated with genuine confusion.
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 1:16:48 PM
There's also the Yiddish "tsemisht" - tse·misht' (adj.) meaning loosely, your head's all over the place and you can't keep things straight...

or...farblondzshet far∙blondzsh'∙et ("f'blunget")

lost, bewildered, confused, befuddled, perplexed; misguided
Topic: words associated with genuine confusion.
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:49:33 PM
killacasey wrote:
Cranial Rectal Inversion Syndrome

BAHhahahaha... okay, I'm gonna hafta steal that one Applause
Topic: Pet Peeves
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:43:44 PM
valenarwen wrote:
risadr wrote:
I thought of another pet peeve, and someone please tell me that I'm not alone on this:

The use of "of" where one should say/write "have." Example:

INCORRECT: "He should of gone to the bathroom before we left."
CORRECT: "He should have gone to the bathroom before we left." OR "He should've gone to the bathroom before we left."

On a completely different note, I'm beginning to understand why my friends always called me a "Grammar Nazi" in high school. lol

I'm reading "No Country for Old Men" and the author uses the "could of" thing repeatedly. I also have an Irish friend who says it... Weird

I believe it stems from a misspelling based on the correct usage of "could've". Of course, that doesn't make it any less irritating...Sick
Topic: Pet Peeves
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:40:10 PM
risadr wrote:
It's not so much a grammar issue, as it is a pronunciation one, but I cannot stand when people pronounce nuclear as "nucular" or chipotle as "chipolte." It drives me CRAZY.

Yeah, ESPECIALLY when used by an (a FORMER, thankfully) American president.... Of course, he also read books upside down... d'oh!
Topic: Grammar lessons - do you remember them?
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:47:38 AM
Very good point!!Drool
Topic: Irish Gaelic question.
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:42:46 AM
Training Celtic dogs are you? Wish I could help... alas...it'll be interesting to see what you find out!