Profile: OliviaZ
About
User Name: OliviaZ
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 12
[0.00% of all post / 0.11 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Anyway to get Windows 10 to stop trying to update?
Posted: Friday, March 5, 2021 1:15:02 PM
As far as I know you can only postpone its updates for a month.
Topic: who hates auto correct on their smartphone?
Posted: Friday, March 5, 2021 1:07:26 PM
It actually does more harm than good :)
Topic: What are your favorite inventions?
Posted: Friday, March 5, 2021 12:49:58 PM
My favorite invention is the telephone because it has inspired the development of other related devices that help enhance the medium of communication of people from various cultures across the globe.
Topic: Mental health during the pandemic
Posted: Friday, March 5, 2021 12:37:20 PM
I keep myself busy. I am learning a new language and working on my skills. I exercise daily to purify my body from all the negativity and extra calories. I try to avoid any kind of argument. I am reading a self-help book to understand my mental and emotional health better. It is very important to know about things which can affect your mood. You can meditate to keep your mind calm. Spend some alone time. It is the best opportunity to work on your skills and upgrade your portfolio.

Keep mind occupied and stay positive.
Topic: Dreams ...
Posted: Friday, March 5, 2021 12:20:56 PM
We dream because we are conscious beings; we perceive, we sense, we remember, we imagine.

What we call a “dream” is what we remember of our conscious activity while our bodies are sleeping. We are always conscious, 24/7. When awake in the world, our attention is largely hijacked by tasks at hand (but we still wonder, imagine, daydream, dip into the subconscious flow throughout the day). When we are at rest, meditation, or sleeping, we are able to tune into the conscious flow that is far more free and unencumbered by the rules of the world; physics, morality, taboos.
Topic: Old and Middle English literature
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 8:08:22 AM
Old English literature was written in Old English between about the year 600 to about the year 1066. Old English relied on alliterative verse for poetic structure rather than rhyme.

Middle English literature was written in Middle English, the language of Chaucer or the Pearl Poet from about the year 1200 through about 1400. Middle English in the southern parts of England mostly used rhymes for its poetic structure, but the alliterative tradition did continue in parts of Northern England during the same time period.
Topic: Ernest Hemingway
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 8:00:06 AM
Hemingway coveyed deep meaning through frugal usage of words. His writing style conveys unconventional messages to the reader in a very subtle manner. His stories can be perceived differently by different people. He was a master of the art of storytelling.
Topic: Non-American Literature
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 7:54:03 AM
Jo Nesbo, a Scandanavian author whose main character Harry Hole is an interesting detective. The Scarecrow and The Bat are two of his books I enjoyed.

Emile Zola, a French writer from the late 1800s. Germinal is one that I enjoyed greatly.
Topic: Latin American Poetry
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 7:49:50 AM
Here is one of my favorite poems:
"I Like For You To Be Still" - Pablo Neruda (although I'd look at the original in Spanish, far more beautiful)

I like for you to be still
It is as though you are absent
And you hear me from far away
And my voice does not touch you
It seems as though your eyes had flown away
And it seems that a kiss had sealed your mouth
As all things are filled with my soul
You emerge from the things
Filled with my soul
You are like my soul
A butterfly of dream
And you are like the word: Melancholy