User Name: Vicki1992
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1
[0.00% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Infused righteousness vs imputed righteousness
Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2021 3:13:04 PM
Evangelical Christianity. The righteousness of Christ is IMPUTED to believers (treated as if Christs own righteousness is ours) because of that faith in Christ. It is on this basis alone that God accepts us. We are Baptized as a witness to others and Christ works within us to change us. It is solely on the basis of Jesus’ righteousness that mankind is acceptable to God, not our actions or good deeds. Sin can however break fellowship between us and God.

Grace alone through faith alone through the ministrations of Christ alone. Anotherwards when God looks at me, He sees His righteousness because I believed in Him, not my actions or deeds. There is no fear of being acceptable to God or to enter Heaven. This to me is true Christianity.

Catholic Christianity. A deposit of righteousness is INFUSED into someone. It is initiated by Baptism (persons actions), fed by the Eucharist (persons actions), preserved by avoiding sin (persons actions) and it grows over time. God then analyzes the soul to see if there is enough righteousness. If not complete, then off to Purgatory (unscriptual)