User Name: Emre Üsküplü
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11
[0.00% of all post / 0.09 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The Very Large Telescope
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 3:07:45 PM
In Pingtang, Guizhou province stands the Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical Telescope (FAST), the largest radio telescope in the world, surpassing the Arecibo Observatory, which stood as the largest in the world for 53 years before the construction of FAST was completed in 2016.

https://www.space.com/china-fast-radio-telescope-open-international-scientists
Topic: high or tall?
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2021 3:47:10 AM
raymondaliasapollyon wrote:
Hi,

Would you use "high" or "tall" in the following?

The bottle is seven inches high/tall.

I'd appreciate your help.
"High" is an adjective used to talk about distance above the ground. "Tall" is an adjective that means "above average height" or "with a notably high dimension."
U're not comparing anything in that sentence so you just can use "high".
Topic: abysmal
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2021 3:39:08 AM
Tara2 wrote:
Wilmar (USA) 1M wrote:
If you look up the word right here in TFD, you will be provided with definitions from several sources, and they each provide samples of the word in use. From that, you should be able to see how the word is used in normal conversation.

Do they provide an explanation like Sarries's? Dictionaries just confuse us with those thousand definitions for each word
Whistle Whistle
I completely agree.They're manifesting so example that i almost forgettin the topic 🤠
Topic: Why is the comma necessary?
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2021 3:18:20 AM
Commas are arguably the most important grammatical tool the English language has to offer. They splice a sentence, providing cohesion and unity. Commas also allow the reader to understand the proper connotation of a writer's words. That's a lot of heavy lifting for little scoop-shaped squiggles, isn't it?https://grammar.yourdictionary.com/grammar/punctuation/8-times-commas-were-important.html
Topic: Earworms
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2021 3:15:28 AM
Topic: Ayatollah Khomeini Calls for the Execution of Author Salman Rushdie (1989)
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2021 3:03:21 PM
it is not a muslim who kills anyone
if so its name become terrorist...
Topic: gravitas
Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021 8:30:31 AM
Topic: compromise
Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021 8:23:07 AM
Tara2 wrote:

The meaning of 'compromise' according to dictionaries is 'to reduce in quality, value or degree', how can this meaning be related to below that is 'come(together)'+'promise'?

compromise (n.)
early 15c., "a joint promise to abide by an arbiter's decision," from Old French compromis (13c.), from Late Latin compromissus, past participle of compromittere "to make a mutual promise" (to abide by the arbiter's decision), from com "with, together" (see com-) + promittere "to send forth; let go; foretell; assure beforehand, promise," from pro "before" (from PIE root *per- (1) "forward," hence "in front of, before") + mittere "to release, let go; send, throw" (see mission).

Well explained 👍🏻👍🏻
Topic: Power Leaner
Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 1:20:56 AM
Im suffering from same issue.I've 25 days active streak but somehow i did not receive silver power learner badge.
Topic: US President George W. Bush Introduces the "Axis of Evil" (2002)
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2021 1:59:26 AM
Thanks for the knowledge!!