User Name: Robert Kane
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 18
[0.00% of all post / 0.40 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Who gets to go to heaven?
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2021 12:00:13 AM
Thanks towan52. That is so true. No one who has ever made it there has ever come back to write a book, LOL. Thanks for reminding me about “The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy.” I remember reading that book back in college. I really enjoyed it.
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2021 6:05:51 PM
Thank you both Epiphileon and FounDit. I appreciate both of you taking the time to reply.

I was not offended at all by your comments Epiphileon. I understand what you were saying. I have to agree with you that, unfortunately, only a small percentage of people who call themselves Christian, really do behave like Christians. I am Christian by choice. I was born and raised Jewish with a bar mitzvah and the works. But I chose to convert because the words of Jesus have always resonated with me more than anyone else. I am also very much into metaphysics and mysticism, so I am kind of all over the map. But your words gave me a lot to think about, and I thank you for that.

And the same for you as well FounDit. I do take comfort in the words of Paul that you posted. Thanks. Also, the idea that God will judge people based on their conscience makes a lot of sense to me as well. I appreciate your comments.

Thanks again to both of you.
Topic: Organized Religion - Helpful or Hurtful?
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2021 9:09:40 AM
Thanks FounDit. Thanks for your comment, and your perspective. I do agree with you. You’ve given me a different way of looking at this issue. I appreciate it.
Topic: Organized Religion - Helpful or Hurtful?
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2021 8:53:38 AM
A lot of people believe that organized religion has done more harm than good throughout history. All the wars fought in the name of religion, with each side believing God was on their side. People slaughtered, burned at the stake, imprisoned, persecuted, all because of their religion. People are still being persecuted today. One religion believes they are the “chosen” people, while another religion makes the same claim. So many people have lived, and are still living, with so much shame and guilt and self-hatred, because they are told they are sinners, they are evil, they will burn in hell. Some even take their own lives.

What do others think? Has organized religion done more harm or more good, throughout history?
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021 1:46:18 AM
The Bible says that only those who believe in Jesus, that He is the Son of God and the Messiah, and if you accept Him as your personal Lord and Savior, then you will be granted eternal life. But only those who accept Jesus as the Way.

I am a Christian, but I have always had a hard time accepting this. Christianity is the largest religion in the world. About 2.4 billion people are Christian. What about the other 5 billion people? So, if you are a Jew, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Buddhist, etc., etc., so what? All these people do not go to heaven just because they never accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior? I just can’t believe that. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

What do other people think?
Topic: Welcome to TheFreeDictionary Language Forums!
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 8:25:11 AM
Thank you so much. This is great information and will be so useful for all of us. Thank you also for creating this Forum. I really appreciate the opportunity to come in here and share thoughts and ideas with other members. I find it also helps us to get to know one another a little better. What a great idea! Thanks again.
Topic: Slide through, jump
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 2:20:17 AM
Don’t know.
Topic: Should pop culture terms/slang be included in the dictionary?
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 2:17:20 AM
Why not.
Topic: Thoughts on the Derek Chauvin Trial
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2021 8:10:55 AM
FounDit - Your comments resemble the “blame the victim” mentality. Several witnesses testified that the amount of drugs in George Floyd’s body were not the cause of his death. It was stated by one of the witnesses that even a perfectly healthy person could not have survived what Derek Chauvin did to Floyd. It was the lack of oxygen that caused him to stop breathing. For 9 1/2 minutes Chauvin held his knee on Floyd’s neck. He looked all around at everyone else but could care less about the man he was killing. The look of arrogance on his face, the complete lack of concern! It was like he was reveling in knowing how much power he had, looking all around as if thinking, “Hey, look what I just did. Look at this big trophy I just won.” He should spend the rest of his life in prison, but apparently that won’t be the judge’s sentence.
Topic: Thoughts on the Derek Chauvin Trial
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 7:50:57 AM
As many have said, justice has not yet been served, but at least accountability won out this time. Now the work really begins. Will this verdict finally be the catalyst for real change when it comes to everything regarding race relations in this country? Only time will tell. I pray to God every day that it will.