User Name: ProfSMB
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 23
[0.00% of all post / 0.10 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Shivaji (1630)
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 6:58:44 PM
Shivaji Jayanti 2021: All you need to know about the founder of the Maratha dynasty

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/shivaji-jayanti-2021-all-you-need-to-know-about-the-founder-of-maratha-dynasty-101613664383768.html

Every year on Shivaji Jayanti, the people of Maharashtra celebrate his birth anniversary by gathering at the forts Shivaji captured and built. This year, however, celebrations are expected to be "toned down".

It would appear that this "toning down" is due to fear of large crowds inadvertently spreading the Chinese virus (COVID-19) and making the pandemic in India even worse! But nevertheless, in 2021 patriotic Hindus and Muslims will still gather in great numbers, as they do every year, to honor Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj! Shivaji Maharaj ki jaya!

Topic: Where peace
And rest can never dwell, hope never comes
That comes to all.

Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 5:56:39 AM
"A mind not to be changed by place or time. The mind is of its own place, and in its self can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n."
- John Milton
Topic: abysmal
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2021 7:30:23 AM
No, abysmal is much worse than just extremely bad. It conveys the idea of something that is not only very bad -- but also seemingly unfathomable and without end.

Here are some examples found on WordWeb.

Adjective: abysmal

1. Very bad
"It was an abysmal performance."

2. Very great; limitless
"abysmal misery"; "abysmal stupidity"

3. Resembling an abyss in depth; so deep as to be unmeasurable
"the abysmal depths of the ocean"

[WordWeb.info]
Topic: RIP, Christopher Plummer
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2021 10:23:41 AM
RIP, Christopher Plummer, one of my favorite actors! It seems almost by coincidence that just a few days ago --- actually, late at night -- I thoroughly enjoyed watching "The Sound of Music" again!

Yes, AGAIN, because I usually watch this film at least once a year! It is one of my most favorite "feel-good movies". 🤗 Christopher Plummer and Julie Andrews are phenomenal together in this classic film from 1965. 🤩 All the other actors involved in this film are also pretty amazing, too! By the way, this is a TRUE STORY! And that makes it even more impressive! 😮

If you have never seen this movie — then please, consider taking the time to watch and experience it! You will be glad you did! 👍⭐

Here is some information about this famous film and the main characters that both Christopher Plummer and Julie Andrews both so wonderfully and unforgettably brought to life on the screen:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059742/
Topic: Taxi-Dance Hall
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 12:28:03 PM
Best Dance Clubs in Rome

Rome's Best Dance Clubs: Paint the Town Red, Party the Night Away

by Maria Pasquale (ROME LOCAL EXPERT)

YES! OF COURSE: This article was written last year in 2020 BEFORE the Chinese virus pandemic! But the information is still quite interesting — and after the COVID-19 pandemic is over — I am certain that these dance clubs, in Rome and elsewhere in Italy, will be back in business --- even more than EVER! Whistle Dancing Applause Dancing

"Rome after dark is pretty spectacular. The city comes alive and the monuments basking in night light are simply breathtaking. And the after-dark scene is a whole lot of fun.

Romans go out late and stay out late and they love to dance. So as they say, when in Rome, do as the Romans and get your party shoes on with this list of the city's best dance club spots."

Read more: https://www.10best.com/destinations/italy/rome/nightlife/dance-clubs/
Topic: Antarctic Icefish
Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 9:01:54 PM
Wow! Mother Nature has thought of EVERYTHING! Who would think that the predominant species of Antarctic fish actually have a type of "antifreeze" in their body fluids to keep them from "freezing" to death! Eh?
Topic: The London Monster
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 5:26:51 PM
"Some men even founded a No Monster Club and began to wear club pins on their lapels to show that they were not the Monster."

Well...in my opinion, that was not a very smart move! Especially -- if the objective was really to protect women from being physically assaulted!

Why? Because if I were "the Monster" I would definitely purchase several of those club pins and wear them proudly ... so that I could even more easily approach, attack, and disfigure unsuspecting beautiful women! Anxious Just saying ...
Topic: Small Acts of Kindness Make Difference.
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2021 2:01:09 PM
May God protect and maintain us all. ♥ Stay well. Stay safe. Stay blessed! 🙏💪🙏
Topic: St. Paul Winter Carnival
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2021 12:39:54 PM
Well...I went to college in St. Paul, Minnesota and I can tell you that it might not be Siberia BUT it definitely gets C-O-L-D in St.Paul. We even had underground passageways to get to our classes so that we, the students and teachers, did not have to cross the campus grounds --- exposed to freezing winds and driving snow! Just saying! 😵 And the POSITIVE SIDE? ⛸🏒🧊❄⛸ — Lots of winter sports for those who had Viking blood in their veins and could brave the below zero temperatures! I assure you that I was NOT one of them! 😁
Topic: The Mistel
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2021 10:09:08 AM
This article is very interesting! The weapons, arms, and engineering discoveries utilized during times of war have always fascinated me! Especially, when often these same bellicose inventions can be converted to peacetime use. This invention is not one of those ideas that were implemented with success during WWII and obviously did not translate into anything useful after the war ended. Indeed, without a doubt, we should all be thankful that it was not successful!