Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 29
[0.00% of all post / 0.18 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Grammar Quiz Neurons
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2020 11:17:32 AM
jfullerton wrote:
Are you still experiencing this issue? It is possible that you reached the neuron limit on Saturday. There is a limit each day on the number of games and activities for which you can earn the maximum neuron total. So if you start only receiving 1 neuron while using the site, that may be what is happening.
Topic: New "Bell" ??
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 8:58:21 PM
L.Rai wrote:
Bell is back and I still have no idea what it does or why I see it? Can anyone explain this please?
Topic: New "Bell" ??
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 8:58:09 PM
L.Rai wrote:
Today I had a new feature pop up, a bell next to my name, what is that about? If anyone can enlighten me that would be great.
Topic: Spelling Bee Practice
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2020 9:56:33 AM
terry cheng 20 wrote:
Wilmar (USA) 1M wrote:
I thought I understood how this game was scored -- evidently, I'm wrong.

How does one play this such that you can AVERAGE 13.5 points per word spelled correctly?

I see someone's score of 3160 points awarded for spelling correctly 234 words, over the "last 5 days" (neuron summary).
Topic: Spelling Bee Practice
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2020 9:56:22 AM
Wilmar (USA) 1M wrote:
I thought I understood how this game was scored -- evidently, I'm wrong.

How does one play this such that you can AVERAGE 13.5 points per word spelled correctly?

I see someone's score of 3160 points awarded for spelling correctly 234 words, over the "last 5 days" (neuron summary).
Topic: little donny lied about coronavirus threat
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 5:08:32 AM
Eh?
Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
little donny knew about the serious nature of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in February, but lied to the American people saying that the virus was just "going to go away on its own." Now, in the US, over 6 million people have been infected and there have been nearly 200,000 deaths.

Trump Consistently Bends Reality, Sells His Narrative In Interviews For Woodward Book
September 9, 20202:08 PM ET

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/09/911138032/woodward-book-says-trump-chose-to-downplay-deadliness-of-virus-to-avoid-panic

No reader should skip the prologue to Bob Woodward's new book on President Trump, because the author puts his best scene on its first page.

Woodward's Rage opens on the Oval Office, where the two top officials from the president's national security team are telling him that COVID-19 is a major threat to the U.S. and far worse than the flu.

"This will be the biggest national security threat you face in your presidency," says Robert O'Brien, the national security adviser (Trump's fourth). "This is going to be the roughest thing you face."

O'Brien's statement makes the president's head "pop up," but it is immediately seconded by O'Brien's principal deputy, Matt Pottinger, whom Woodward reports was also present. Pottinger is a China scholar and former intelligence officer in the Marines who had lived in China seven years and spoke fluent Mandarin.

The date on this conversation leaps out from the book's very first sentence: Jan. 28. O'Brien and Pottinger were elevating the issue because days earlier Trump had dismissed the virus at a conference in Switzerland: "It's one person coming in from China," Trump had said. "We have it under control. It's going to be just fine. We've already handled it pretty well."

Three days later, urged on by O'Brien and Pottinger and a chorus of scientists including Dr. Anthony Fauci and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Dr. Robert Redfield, Trump ordered a shutdown of travel from China to the United States. He would later claim, in interviews with Woodward and elsewhere, that he made this move in defiance of his closest advisers. Woodward has Trump saying there had been a score of advisers present and "everyone in that room except me did not want to have that ban."

"I always wanted to play it down"

Woodward also makes clear that Trump knew early on that the disease could be spread without physical contact and could be transmitted by people showing no symptoms of infection. "It goes through air," he told Woodward in a Feb. 7 phone call not previously reported. "So that's a tricky one. That's a very delicate one. It's also more deadly than even your strenuous flus."

At another point in the Feb. 7 conversation, Trump says COVID-19 could be deadlier than the flu, "maybe five times more deadly."

Stunning, because throughout the crucial month of February the president was sending a totally different signal to the American public. The same week he talked to Woodward, Trump in public uttered his now infamous lines about how "when it gets a little warmer it miraculously goes away" and "I think it's going to work out good, we only have 11 cases and they're all getting better."

Throughout the month, he bragged of limiting the invader to a handful of cases that were "all getting better" and would "soon be down to zero." On Feb. 28, at a rally in South Carolina, he called Democrats' criticism of his handling of the virus "their new hoax." Attendees at the rally told reporters they thought the whole story of the virus was a media creation. The following day, the first U.S. death was announced, and Trump opened his news conference talking about progress in Afghanistan.

Woodward quotes a subsequent interview on March 19, wherein Trump says: "I always wanted to play it down. I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

[continued]
Topic: Words within words error
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 5:08:03 AM
jfullerton wrote:
"Golgi" is not accepted because it is a proper noun.
Topic: Words within words error
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 5:07:49 AM
Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
Words within words: The word is "endurance." Nare is a word for nostril. It is in your own dictionary. It is made up using only letters from the word "endurance." However, the words within words game does NOT count the word nare as a correct answer. PLEASE correct this error. Thank you.
Topic: You will break your ear drum.
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 5:04:09 AM
terry cheng 20 wrote:
bihunsedap wrote:
My son found a ear picker.

I told him not to use it to pick his ear.

He asked me why.
"You will break your ear drum. Once it broken, you can't hear anything."

Does the answer clear and understanding?
Topic: You will break your ear drum.
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 5:03:36 AM
bihunsedap wrote:
My son found a ear picker.

I told him not to use it to pick his ear.

He asked me why.
"You will break your ear drum. Once it broken, you can't hear anything."

Does the answer clear and understanding?