Profile: kira100
About
User Name: kira100
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 24
[0.00% of all post / 0.13 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: just don't understand simple words!
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 8:20:52 AM
Million thanks!
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 1:15:50 PM
Thank you so much for being so patient!Applause to understand a joke, you need to feel the language well enough.
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 8:46:15 AM
Thank you. I have always thought we only can cross a line if we don't go along this line (in the direction of that line ). Now one more question - We see "on the inside" and "on the outside" in the second example, is that because we are ON the stairs?Think
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 4:56:18 AM
Hi, friends! I read the comments to a video about superstitions and was not able to catch a meaning about crossing on the stairs. Here is this passage: "My mum was always coming up with lots of things you had to do like throwing salt over your shoulder, never crossing on the stairs and looking twice at a single magpie.." What does it mean - to cross the stair?d'oh! Thank you
Topic: please help with " down"
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2020 6:18:38 AM
As for a programme, I'm sorry, it was just a comment to a programme, so it's written by someone who could be in a hurry etc. Thank you again)
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2020 6:14:07 AM
Thank you so much! When the word is given in this way, you will remember it forever!!!!
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 5:40:57 AM
In a BBC programme came across a sentence That looks like a down right good time. What does down mean here?
Topic: medium
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 11:01:17 AM
Thanks a lot!!!
Topic: medium
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 8:38:26 AM
Hi friends!!!
Please help me with this little passage. What does "medium"mean here?. Can't completlty understand the whole underlined fragment

CW Lewis
Mere Christianity

"A talker ought to use variations of voice for emphasis because his medium naturally lends itself to that method: but a writer ought not to use italics for the same purpose. He has his own, different, means of bringing out the key words and ought to use them."
Thanks a lot

Topic: Hobby rider
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 9:49:21 AM
That is so interesting! So my question was not an empty question. I've got a whole lecture! Thanks a lot))