User Name: topazann
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.00% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Comic books to learn TOEFL
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 5:40:59 PM
TOEFL is not much fun. I personally prepared with the Cambridge preparation for the TOEFL Test. For speaking and writing, I'd recommend to additionally use NOTEFULL's templates. You can find their channel on youtube
Topic: We Never Truly Pay Attention
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 9:43:23 AM
Unfortunately, the article referenced is a review article quoting other original research articles. I can't access the originals, but it seems likely that the referenced article muffed the data. Perhaps the original article stated that the lack of focus happens four times per second rather than every four seconds
Topic: Culture of Leisure
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 4:51:41 PM
It's interesting to see this written in the 30's, well before robotics and AI were possible threats to job-security. I'd assume that with a growing population and AI taking jobs where we used to think: "Only a human can do that!" we'll see more unemployed people.

If working part-time became the norm, something like the Universal Basic Income might need to be implemented to keep people afloat. I think a lot of people in this sub would have a difficult time adjusting to something like that. We're pretty goal/work focused, and pride ourselves on working hard to achieve fire. Having a leisurely life from youth until old age would be a rough transition, even though it sounds lovely on the surface.