Number of Posts: 41
[0.00% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: slip
Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 2:41:12 AM
FounDit wrote:
Fir Wa wrote:
thank you.

Yes, I realise that it means a paper or piece of paper, but what I need to know if it is a document in itself or a piece of paper for classification( as in a alphabetical classified book, etc.) within the file or record.
regards

Ah, okay. Well, again, I'm just guessing, but by what is written (The reference:) and using a colon, I would suspect that this "reference" is on slip B.

the reference here is not mentioned in the text I put it to say that this in the text of the reference..
Topic: give a fair field
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 3:50:53 AM
As regards the visit home, I briefly referred to the discussions which had previously taken place, of the general sense of which Mr. Hearn was aware. I said that, anxious as we might be on general grounds that the A.P.O.C. should succeed in getting this concession, we were quite definitely tied by the undertakings we had given to the United States Government to give a fair field and no favour and that it was obviously most important to take no step which could admit of misinterpretation.

what is meant by give a fair field in this context?

thanks in advance
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2021 11:39:11 AM
thank you.

Yes, I realise that it means a paper or piece of paper, but what I need to know if it is a document in itself or a piece of paper for classification( as in a alphabetical classified book, etc.) within the file or record.
regards
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2021 11:14:31 AM
The reference: {enclosure no. 1 in Proceedings no. 70, S (secret) E (External), Feb. 1919, nos. 4-100. (slip B)}.

what slip means here?

thanks in advance.
Topic: wooden start
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2020 9:21:34 AM
I tried to drive it, but it wooden start. (https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/av1psx/tried_to_drive_it_but_it_wooden_start/)

what it wooden start means here?
Topic: HC or H.c.
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2020 2:48:39 AM
Report for 1929 on the work of the protector of British Indian pilgrims attached to the H.C. for Iraq.

do you any idea what h.c. stand for here?
regards
Topic: fit to fire
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2020 12:48:20 AM
THANKS FOR YOU. YES IT IS MADE (mistake in deciphering the handwritten text)

Topic: fit to fire
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2020 10:55:39 AM
Cavalry carbines could be found in stocks, they could probably be trade fit to fire. As these rifles are no longer required for Army purposes and would otherwise be scrapped, they might be sent at approximately half price, plus the cost of freight and packing charges.

Do you have any idea what is meant by "fit to fire" here.

Topic: DSF
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 9:25:00 AM
Here is where it is mentioned: the sender (A. E. B. Parsons) signs with his name and position initials:

"A Copy of under-mentioned papers is forwarded to the Dept. of Education Health & Lands for information.
By order, etc.,
Signed: A. E. B. Parsons
D. S. F."
Topic: DSF
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 3:25:57 AM
Do you have any suggestion what "DSF" or "D.S.F." stands for. It is a position held by the British officer Arthur Edward Broadbent Parsons

regards