Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: hyphen
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 8:27:05 AM
vipin viswanathan wrote:
Researchers in China have found a new form of swine flu that can infect humans—and they say it has the potential to cause another pandemic in the future.

It is from a science website. They have put a hyphen after 'humans'. Why would they do it?

this is not hyphen but M dash or N dash
Topic: Problem with neurons not loading correctly
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 11:15:19 AM
hedy mmm wrote:
Hi,
Lately I’ve been having problems with neurons not loading correctly...yesterday (4/22/20) I read each category/topic, and the challenge where I also earned 10 new words, but they weren’t recorded, thus, I failed the task also I have read some of the other topics and they weren’t credited in my totals ...something is wrong... I haven’t had any trouble for a long time I do not have windows 10, or participate in any social medias, so I'm sure it’s only a glitch...

BTW I love the TFD ...but you guys knew that already!
Please check it out...

Thank you,
hedy mmm

Maybe you were not having internet connection or your internet was showing as working but in reality it was not working. It happens when you dont have internet connection otherwise its not possible to not credit the points
Topic: Book-Man: The new game from The Free Dictionary
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 10:58:29 AM
Mike-KS wrote:
Book-Man now available for Android. Download here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farlex.bookman

Hi Mike, when I log in in the android app, its not letting me log in. No point playing when you cant add your score in the neurons field. Please fix it.
Topic: Hinglish
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 10:46:40 AM
Hindi Verbs wrote:
This is great fun!

fritter = फ्रिटर (fritter as in food); गँवाना (to fritter as in to be wasteful with money)

next word:
intrepid!

Nirbhaya Saahasi

Next word: Flabbergasted
Topic: Paheli
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 10:22:48 AM
बीमार नहीं रहती मैं, फिर भी खाती हूँ गोली. बच्चे बूढ़े सब डर जाते, सुन कर इसकी बोली.बताओ क्या?
Topic: पहेली
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 10:20:29 AM
Ashwin Joshi wrote:
ऐसा कौन सा दुकानदार है जो आपका माल भी लेता है और दाम भी लेता है

Barber bole toh Naai
Topic: Huxley More Important than Orwell as to the Loss of Democracy?
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 9:52:52 AM
As an admirer of Orwell, I have always maintained that when it comes to politics, no book is as sacred as 1984, or Animal Farm. But for a short time now, I am being aware of the great book "Brave New World" by Huxley. As I have read the reviews of both books, and have grasped 1984, I am in no doubt that Huxley's book is more closer to reality than our beloved Orwells'. I will start reading it soon. But I like the terminology Orwell used in the book.