Profile: Islami
About
User Name: Islami
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 195
[0.02% of all post / 0.16 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Are there errors in the sentence?
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 12:28:28 AM
The Prime Minister said that although new Covid-19 cases are lower today than at the start of the movement curbs, the government cannot bring the pandemic under control.

...and in your question

Are there any errors in the sentence?

IMHO
Topic: is or are?
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 12:22:19 AM
He also stressed that the surging number of COVID-19 cases particularly is driven by cases at migrant workers’ dormitories and “are not new cases of infections".

But I, somehow, feel that the statement is illogical.

Why and how these are not new cases of infection?

Topic: From
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2020 12:39:05 AM
Come and look at my photos from the summer holiday.

I will write as

Come and have a look at my photos clicked during the summer holiday.
Topic: How to pronounce word that do not exist
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 10:22:00 AM
Hello, Welcome to TFD.

Not a clear post.Need elaboration.
Topic: Do You Know the Structure of SARS-Cov2? #64
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2020 10:14:15 AM
Mr thar thrashed someone.

I think Mr. Urine, t.a. must learn now.
Topic: like bees to a honeypot
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:27:13 PM
Though "like bees to a honeypot or like bees round a honeypot" is an old phrase but I doubt if bees are attracted to the honey-pot.

Bees are attracted to flowers and collect nectar from them. From this nectar they manufacture honey.

"A thick, golden liquid produced by industrious bees, honey is made using the nectar of flowering plants and is saved inside the beehive for eating during times of scarcity. ... When a honeybee returns to the hive, it passes the nectar to another bee by regurgitating the liquid into the other bee's mouth".

--Wikipedia.
Topic: Do You Know the Structure of SARS-Cov2? #64
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2020 12:07:22 PM
...anything not registered is called 'Unregistered', taurine.

Here at the English forum, you should not write flawed English.
Topic: Sh
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 1:08:27 AM
Should be as follows; IMO

He went on to state, “Singapore faces grave and extended challenges. We can’t tell when the pandemic will end but it may last at least up to close of this year, and possibly longer". He warned that “the economic hit in Singapore is likely to be more serious than the Global Financial Crisis, and longer-lasting too, even beyond halt of the pandemic".
Topic: Give Time the Slip, Sometime.
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 11:20:05 AM
A short story;

One warm evening many years ago…

After spending nearly every waking minute with Angel for eight straight days, I knew that I had to tell her just one thing. So late at night, just before she fell asleep, I whispered it in her ear. She smiled – the kind of smile that makes me smile back –and she said, “When I’m seventy-five and I think about my life and what it was like to be young, I hope that I can remember this very moment.”

A few seconds later she closed her eyes and fell asleep. The room was peaceful – almost silent. All I could hear was the soft purr of her breathing. I stayed awake thinking about the time we’d spent together and all the choices in our lives that made this moment possible. And at some point, I realized that it didn’t matter what we’d done or where we’d gone. Nor did the future hold any significance.

All that mattered was the serenity of the moment.

Just being with her and breathing with her.

The moral: We must not allow the clock, the calendar, and external pressures to rule our lives and blind us to the fact that each individual moment of our lives is a beautiful mystery and a miracle – especially those moments we spend in the presence of a loved one.

......Anonymous
Topic: Give (way)
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 12:35:12 AM
Give way also means;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDCMUCCUF6dhSFM9LCdSz5uUdH7A&v=h1PE3ztkakQ&feature=emb_rel_end