Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 93
[0.01% of all post / 0.25 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Happy birthday
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:59:28 AM
سالگرہ مبارک (Saal Girah Mubarik)in Urdu.

Just because the writer of an article is British doesn't mean that they use English correctly-DragOnspeaker.
Topic: Best Cartoon
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:55:49 AM

Just because the writer of an article is British doesn't mean that they use English correctly-DragOnspeaker.
Topic: person-in-charge
Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2018 12:37:01 PM
Anyhow I feel It should be

The person holding charge of Chang's management agency said the actress had taken note of the comments and she thanked them for their concern.

Topic: Do You Know Einstein's Brain was Removed before his Cremation?(55)
Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2018 12:33:21 PM
Though this a Knowledge and Culture Forum , yet Ashwin is right.

Topic: Dad taught me how to swim.
Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2018 5:12:28 AM
"To be taught" implies the action of an outside force (often a person) which does the teaching. "To learn" implies that the learner learned by dint of his own efforts, probably without/by a specific teacher.

Topic: Dad taught me how to swim.
Posted: Friday, July 6, 2018 11:29:54 AM
"To be taught" implies the action of an outside force (often a person) which does the teaching. "To learn" implies that the learner learned by dint of his own efforts, probably without/by a specific teacher.

Topic: Wheather Bold Part correct?
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 11:47:15 AM
Thanks FounDit.

Topic: Wheather Bold Part correct?
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 11:05:14 AM
Respected Teachers, please guide me whether this writing is correct grammatically or otherwise, especially the bold part. Thanks.

With effect from this year i.e. Assessment year 2018-19 a new provision has come into force providing for fee for default of late filing of income returns after due date. It provides for payment of fees ranging fromRs.1000/ to Rs.10000/- for prescribed defaults in filing of income tax returns by due date as prescribed in section 139(1) of the Income Tax Act1961, concomitantly making Section 271F inoperative which hitherto provided for penalty of the same default.

In other words, the word ‘penalty’ has been replaced by the word ‘Fee’ by introducing Section 234F. Since the late fee is to be deposited by the taxpayer himself before the filing of return like self-assessment tax, there is not going to be any order for depositing from any authority. Every right to appeal to any higher court arises against an order. Hence if there is no order, there arises no right to appeal. Whether it is good or bad, is a moot question but the right to appeal against levy of fee, for any reason, howsoever compelling, rational or compassionate may be, has been done away with. Justice has been denied. A fundamental right has been snatched…big bully beats baby boy.

Topic: no pun intended
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 9:37:12 AM
Causing harm to any person, due to the humorous use of words, is not my intention (unintentional). IMO

Topic: A vocabulary thread I've wanted to start: should I?
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 10:36:50 AM
'varicose veins' heard as very close veins.Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.