Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 127
[0.01% of all post / 0.46 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Could It Really Happen That Way?
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 10:52:58 AM
You guys have a lot of faith in people who have not ever shown they are any smarter or any more loyal to the citizens of the US than their president. That’s my abridged version of my opinion.
Topic: He might not have hit her at all (at least not to start with)
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 11:33:44 AM
IMO, the author is offering an apology or a defense for the man. By saying “At least . . .” he is setting the mood. He hadn’t intentions of hitting her. Her hurtful actions and words were the cause. He had been pushed beyond his limits, and not he wanted to hit her. It is sympathetic to him.
Topic: So, what do people think about Al Franken?
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2018 10:17:56 AM
If there are pictures and he did resign then yes, he did it. Democratic men aren't any different. Most men aren’t political at all. This is culture. Will there be change? Hopefully.
Topic: bless your pointy little head
Posted: Tuesday, December 26, 2017 9:56:08 PM
That’s one of my favorite sayings! That’s what my big sister always. Witty isn’t it?
Topic: God bless the Queen!
Posted: Monday, December 25, 2017 2:20:58 PM
I read parts of the Queen’s annual Christmas Greeting. What a wonderful lady. Talk about a woman with grace, elegance, intelligence and beauty. A woman loyal and strong. She spoke about her speech 60 years ago on the new technology television and now people will see it on laptops and phone’s. She has weathered many hard things as she mentioned the terror attacks. God bless Great Britain. I pray this new year bring you peace. I admit I am a bit of an Anglophile. I got to visit in 1986 with my sister. She took many trips to England and always took a family member or two. It was wonderful. I got to see two plays in London. The next fortnight we spent trekking around Wales looking for Merlin’s crystal cave and looking at castles. Her last trip she and her husband took my two college age sons. She said that was the best one. I would like to go back to do some ancestry research and read around in old records and wander old churchyards. So, long live the Queen. Long live Great Britain. And, thank you Dianne! 🎄
Topic: UN votes to reject US recognition of Jerusalem as capital.
Posted: Sunday, December 24, 2017 10:44:55 AM
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Somehow I see echoes of Hitler and Stalin in some of Trumps acts. Fearful.

Ya think? I’ve been booted off different sites, including this one just for stating the obvious. What took you guys so long?
Topic: Fear mongering
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 7:27:49 PM
I’m glad someone has mentioned the banks. The banks are loving the GOP. They have been de-regulated back down to Bush II times. You remember how it was right before they failed? And oh my! The hypocrisy abounds. Now several of the big banks are so happy with the new tax cuts they are handling out $1,000 bonuses this year. Wasn’t it the GOP who relentlessly criticized and harangued Pres. Obama for bailing them out? Weren’t they ones swooning at the thought of Hilary giving a $400,000 speech to a bunch of bankers. Banks just can’t lose for winning.
Topic: Santa Claus
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 9:50:21 AM
I believe. Merry Christmas to all. And I hope the magic of Santa will fill your hearts.
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 8:56:39 AM
Hi Almo. What attracts you to Lovecraft? It seems his earliest works were “dripping racism,” as one critic wrote. They say it is a cult favorite of the alt-right geek community. Are these your sentiments, too? I was amazed when I read up on this phenomenon. I remember reading some of his works back in ‘60s but, I didn’t realize the racism at the time.
Posted: Sunday, December 17, 2017 12:44:51 PM
Will wrote
Listening... wrote:
Bottom line, a lie IS a lie. Until it’s not a lie.

This sounds very much like a description of self-fulfilling prophecy. It’s a lie that dogs are inherently dangerous, but provoking dogs until one attacks someone does not make the original lie any more true.

.[/quote]
Applause A lie is a lie or it would be the truth.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.