Profile: Adyl Mouhei
About
User Name: Adyl Mouhei
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6,396
[0.61% of all post / 4.13 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: A fool with a heart and no brains is just as unhappy as a fool with brains and no heart.
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2021 12:45:00 PM
Both can't be happy. Nor can they make other people happy.
Topic: Alexandre Dumas (1802)
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2021 12:21:08 PM
“I am not proud, but I am happy; and happiness blinds, I think, more than pride.”

Alexandre Dumas
Topic: parsimonious
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2021 12:14:10 PM
"With parsimony a little is sufficient; without it nothing is sufficient; but frugality makes a poor man rich."

Seneca the Younger
Topic: contrivance
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2021 7:57:39 AM
"Government is a contrivance of human wisdom to provide for human wants."

Edmund Burke
Topic: Henryk Goldszmit, AKA Janusz Korczak (1878)
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:03:31 AM
“Anticipating their calamity and fright when deportation day came (August 6, 1942) he [Henryk Goldszmit, pen name: Janusz Korczak] joined them aboard the train bound for Treblinka, because, he said, he knew his presence would calm them—“You do not leave a sick child in the night, and you do not leave children at a time like this.”

Diane Ackerman
Topic: abysmal
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 8:55:23 AM
"They lived in abysmal misery, yet they had no prospect of a better tomorrow. They existed under capitalism, yet there was no accumulation of capital."

Paul A. Baran
Topic: Louise Blanchard Bethune (1856)
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 12:58:32 PM
AWARDS AND HONORS

First woman admitted to architectural professional association (Western Association of Architects, in 1885)
First woman admitted to AIA, 1888
First woman member of FAIA, 1889
Topic: Sir Edmund Percival Hillary (1919)
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 10:51:32 AM
"I’ve always hated the danger part of climbing, and it’s great to come down again because it’s safe … But there is something about building up a comradeship — that I still believe is the greatest of all feats — and sharing in the dangers with your company of peers. It’s the intense effort, the giving of everything you’ve got. It’s really a very pleasant sensation."

Statement of 1977 as quoted in "Sir Edmund Hillary, a Pioneering Conquerer of Everest, Dies at 88"
Topic: extemporaneous
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 9:55:48 AM
"Insist on yourself never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life's cultivation but of the adopted talent of another you have only an extemporaneous half possession... Do that which is assigned to you, and you cannot hope too much or dare too much."

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Topic: Yesterday, n.: The infancy of youth, the youth of manhood, the entire past of age.
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 10:00:15 AM
Yesterday was once future.