User Name: AndySon
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: It is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all, and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain.
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 7:23:27 AM
Indeed, science has showed a critical progress over time by looking into a numerous issues and questions. However, sometimes, it is better not to look for an answer. This refers to the fact that not everything should be revealed to the humanity.
Topic: Are not there little chapters in everybody's life, that seem to be nothing, and yet affect all the rest of the history?
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2018 4:37:44 AM
Are not there little chapters in everybody's life, that seem to be nothing, and yet affect all the rest of the history?

William Makepeace Thackeray (1811-1863)

Yes, absolutely there seem to exist such moments. In the end, all life tends to be built upon a plenty of small, oftentimes insignificant events that, the same way as bricks lay down to raise a house, together create one whole chain. Some may call all of those chapters destiny, as they each lead to something that gets a higher meaning for one or another.
Topic: It's all very well to read about sorrows and imagine yourself living through them heroically, but it's not so nice when you...
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 2:55:20 AM
It's all very well to read about sorrows and imagine yourself living through them heroically, but it's not so nice when you really come to have them, is it?

Lucy Maud Montgomery (1874-1942)

The quote could be as well understood by the example when someone known to us has a difficult time, and we try or at least, pretend to understand their feelings, however, in most of the cases, we get as close to their pain as to only hear about it. The real trouble comes when we ourselves end up in suchlike predicament - that is the only real moment when we feel really sorry.
Topic: For he that does good, having the unlimited power to do evil, deserves praise not only for the good which he performs, but...
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 4:16:03 AM
For he that does good, having the unlimited power to do evil, deserves praise not only for the good which he performs, but for the evil which he forbears.

Sir Walter Scott (1771-1832)

I could not agree more with this. And, besides all, it totally relates to the human, that human who is able to find the path of righteousness, for the reason that indeed, good and evil are both two components of the power human is endowed with. Unfortunately, there are so many who abuse and misuse this power, and ultimately lose their path, while others still use it for the greater good. Those humans should be valued, indeed.
Topic: Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent.
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 4:14:06 AM
@Bully_rus what do you mean by "doomed"? To me, it sounds more as life having so many mysteries, that even the humans, despite their advancements and knowledge, are far from the truth of what it really is.
Topic: A man said to the universe: "Sir, I exist!" "However," replied the universe, "That fact has not created in me a sense of...
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:12:13 AM
Quotation of the Day

A man said to the universe: "Sir, I exist!" "However," replied the universe, "That fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

Stephen Crane (1871-1900)

I took this quote slightly differently. "That fact has not created in me a sense of obligation." refers to the fact that existence solely is not sufficient. There must be added to it something else (work, creation, ambition etc)

Would anyone try to argue? :D
Topic: She might yet be able to help him to the building of the rainbow bridge that should connect the prose in us with the passion....
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:03:18 PM
@Thar, thank you a lot for the explanation and for providing this passage. It happens oftentimes that the so labelled quotes are not really quotes, but rather well written lines from bigger texts.
Topic: She might yet be able to help him to the building of the rainbow bridge that should connect the prose in us with the passion....
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 5:54:53 AM
For me, it is quite hard to understand this quote. Does anyone have any explanation to what the meaning might be?
Topic: Why are women...so much more interesting to men than men are to women?
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:08:42 PM
That is a very interesting question... I was wondering myself why it works this way. And, perhaps, things were working this way even in the old times, as it is proved here by this writer. My thoughts are that, perhaps, only a woman herself is able to come up with an answer to this mind-torturing question.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.