Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 584
[0.07% of all post / 1.25 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: What does Plated-Over mean?
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 11:24:10 AM
Car pbody painters provide details on grille finishes such as chrome, black chrome, powder coat, polished bare metal, and paint. Note that if a grille has been coated with a specific finish, that fact will be displayed clearly in the product description. If you see only phrases such as "mirror-like" without a clear reference to any applied coatings, that means the outer surface of the grille is bare metal (stainless steel or aluminum) and has been machine-polished to a high sheen resembling chrome.
Plated-over grilles are ‘not bare metal grilles’. IMO

I am a layman.
Topic: Addition to the British Royal Family
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 10:55:42 AM

Britain's Prince William and Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge leaves the Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital with their newborn son in London.

I am a layman.
Topic: Cheer on
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 10:11:43 AM
Hi thar

As per TFD:

jump
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
jump (jŭmp)
v. jumped, jump·ing, jumps
v.intr.
a. To propel oneself upward or over a distance in single quick motion or series of such motions.

Under the circumstances, I feel there no need to write 'up and down'. I am subject to correction.

I am a layman.
Topic: Please help me it's very important
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 10:03:55 AM
WordWhiz wrote

Here is one sense in which it is correct:

Person 1: "What do the Johnsons do for their annual family reunion?"
Person 2: "They have a picnic."

I agree with FounDit, it should be

They are having a picnic.

I am a layman.
Topic: ...speech, which...
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 9:49:47 AM
DragOn, sir, I seek your opinion on the following:

Prime Minister Lee also said he has advised the younger ministers on crafting the Address, and they are now on the 20th draft of the speech that will be delivered by President Halimah Yacob on May 7.

I am a layman.
Topic: Cheer on
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 9:43:59 AM
thar sir

Is 'jumping up and down' correct?

Is simple 'jumping' not enough?

I am a layman.
Topic: When Liz returned to the bar
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 9:36:24 AM
I will write this paragraph as follows;

Liz returned to the bar after a few minutes looking out for Cindy. She located her near one of the televisions singing a song, holding a fork as if it were a microphone. A couple of people were applauding her impromptu performance in the bar that did not have a karaoke. Liz, fearing that it may end in a disaster, brought her friend to the table and promptly ordered two cups of coffee. IMO

I am a layman.
Topic: Canada's Grief
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 11:38:52 AM
May Alimighty keep all safe. Amen.

I am a layman.
Topic: Which is the correct sentence?
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 11:35:34 AM
Its not correction , Koh Elaine, but reconstruction of the sentence.

I am a layman.
Topic: Which is the correct sentence?
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 11:20:36 AM
The first Youth Activity of 2018 was held on 18 March 2018 with the objective to encourage more youths to participate in sports.

The first Youth Activity of 2018 was held on 18 March 2018 with the objective of encouraging more youths to participate in sports.

Both are correct but I will prefer as follows; IMO

The First Youth Activity Camp of 2018 was held on 18 March 2018 with the objective to encourage more youths to participate in sports.

The First Youth Activity Camp of 2018 was held on 18 March 2018 with the objective of encouraging more youths to participate in sports.

I am a layman.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.