Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 55
[0.01% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: I'm insured against kidnapping for up to 1o million
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 4:03:55 PM
Tara2 wrote:
Robert is kidnapped. The kidnappers (Cobb and his friends) are shaking him up.

Robert: I'm insured against kidnapping for up to 1o million. This should be very simple.
Arthur: Shut up!
Cobb: It won't be. In your father's office, below the bookshelves is his personal safe. We need the combination.
Inception, movie

Does "for up to 10 million" means at most 10 million, please?

That is the meaning that I got from it, and the kidnappers would really make a haul. Ten million dollars is still a lot of money.
Topic: Deep State Conspiracy
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:06:43 PM
You may think that the current state of affairs, is just like the same old stuff, that came before it. It is not, and the question is not, Democrat vs Republican, it is much more than that.

The question is whether a Marxist impulse has taken the Democrat Party over. If it has not, then it has sure made some waves, with Ocasio Cortez, and Ilhan Omar serving as prophetic voices. They are Maxist-Lenisits, and the current times, are extraordinary.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/download/what-itd.pdf

[What is to be done? A Leninist takeover, that is the goal, and that is what is to be accomplished. And yes, it is that way.]
Topic: trump shelters neonazis in White House staff.
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:00:07 PM
When I want the President to know how I feel, I use the Contact the White House, web page. Here is the link if you want to let him know your sentiments.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

I am ironically refuting you, did you see that within my snotty manner? I mentioned it, just it case that you missed it somehow.
Topic: HATRED
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:53:24 PM
BobShilling wrote:
Buzzito wrote:
Don't mistake this, that you speak for a majority of those here in the USA.

Well, in the 2016 election, a minority of the population voted for Trump, and his Democrat rival received nearly three million votes more than Trump.

Two years into Trump's presidency, his party lost control of the House of Representatives, and also lost seven state governorships. Recent polls show Trump's approval rating is about 43%, his disapproval rating at about 52%.

So, it seems pretty clear that the majority of Americans are not in favour of Trump or his policies.

So what? He is still the President, and he will be re-elected. I am certain that your digestion will be affected by that, but that is as it should be.
Topic: HATRED
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:50:24 PM
Buzzito wrote:
The posts here, full of HATRED for Our President Donald J Trump, are truly tiring. It has been said, that bitter words speak a weak cause. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

A license to spew hatred, is not given by TFD and some of this borders inappropriateness, and common decency. Of course, here in the USA, there is FREE SPEECH. Remember however, that hatred is what is coming out from many of these posts. Deny it all you want. It is quite clear.

Sadly, it seems that more libs post to TFD. Don't mistake this, that you speak for a majority of those here in the USA. While I come back to look for some positive dialogue here, I continue to be disappointed to find more hatred and intolerance. Obama had 8 years, and he did a poor job as far as I am concerned. But I did not spend a great deal of time posting the kind of negativity I find here.

Everyone I meet is my superior in at least one way, but it gets more difficult to find these ways when all that is discussed is how Trump is this or that, his hair color, his skin color, his son, his family. Does anyone truly believe they have given Trump the same "fair" treatment which was expected for Obama? Puuullllleaaaassssssse!!!!

I love the guy, and I am a carbon copy of him in a lot of ways. He is rich and I am poor, but we are simpatico in spirit.
Don't worry too much about boors, it gets that way during times of real stress in America. Just give it back to them, the same way that they give it to you.
Topic: "Dad, do not worry. I will be fine for telling the truth".
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:45:02 PM
Hope123 wrote:
This purple heart veteran, Lt Col Vindman, one of three US military brothers, had to reassure his father that he would be all right as he is just telling the truth. His testimony is not hearsay - he heard Trump's phone call himself where Trump, after holding up approved aid to the Ukraine, asked Ukrainian Zelensky to investigate the Bidens. Trump and the GOP have tried to intimidate him and make him into being disloyal to the US because his family was originally from the Ukraine. Vindman went to the US as a boy, three years old, I think, and has served his country, the US, loyally and well. The fact that the Bidens did nothing wrong is immaterial. Trump asked a foreign country, Ukraine, for help against a political opponent. He also asked China. This is against the Constitution and is an impeachable offence for a president of the US. This is what happens in a banana republic.

Lt Col Vindman put his life on the line for America. He is doing it again today!

The army may have to move Vindman and his family to an army base in order to protect them.

Sad. And shameful tactics by the no longer Grand Old Party and Trump - but that is typical these days under a man with no integrity or morals. It is all just win in politics and make money. Each transgression Trump gets away with just makes him bolder until he is doing as he pleases - which is the mark of a dictator..

You are certifiably insane, and so is LTC Vindman; who threw his career away, in his precipitate folly. You do realize, don't you, that 1/2 of America feels just like I do; and they are not shy in revealing themselves, when it seems needful.
Topic: The republican response to trump
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:07:18 PM
Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
The banana republican response to little donny's extra constitutional antics is overwhelming...

Boo hoo!

Clever, but dreadfully incompetent in its conclusion. The idiots in the House could not even draft any high crimes and misdemeanors, in which to charge the President.
They are a living embodiment of Moe, Larry and Curly.

What are the crimes that you hold him accountable for exactly? Recall, that the charges must be provable to a reasonable person.
You do not sound like you have a just case to make against President Trump; but since I am a reasonable person, I am open to argumentation's.
I am all ears and eyes [unlike the monkeys, Speak No Evil, See No Evil, Hear No Evil] so fire away.
Topic: Comma
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 1:04:42 PM
My thinking is that the comma, which appears after the word break; provides a pause that better allows comprehension of the sentence.
And if I am wrong, then whoops, but that is my thinking on it.
Topic: Are the highlighted commas required?
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:58:38 AM
They seem to aid in understanding the sentence; so I would say yes, they are needed.
Topic: Can You Write with No Verbs?
Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2018 6:24:44 PM
It would seem that you can write a sentence without using verbs; but I am not sure how long one could keep it up; and it would make for a bad form of writing anyway.
But, it was a clever question to ask; and it shows that you have, a deep witty mind. So, keep up the good work.