User Name: Jigneshbharati
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3,939
[0.38% of all post / 2.43 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Practical knowledge
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 3:32:04 PM
Thank you,thar. I have a Master's in Organic Chemistry but then switched my career in 2005. I absolutely love science. Thank you for your help!
Topic: Practical knowledge
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 2:30:23 PM
System of practical knowledge and problem solving to create tools is called technology." I saw this one of the YouTube videos about technology.

What do "system" and "practical knowledge" mean in the given context?
Topic: is the SOP to be used
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 1:06:57 PM
Thank you
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 12:10:30 PM
Thanks!
Does the above pattern covers the passive( to be used)? The link describes "to be plus to infinitive", I think.
I know that where is used for places but I am still confused about the meaning of the where (in what circumstances/situations). Where can I find this usage of the question word where?
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 11:51:00 AM
Thanks! When do we use this construction "to be plus past participle" as used here?
I haven't seen "is (to be) plus noun(SOPs) plus to be plus past participle ( to be used) construction in a question.
Four you please explain when do we use this pattern or construction?
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 11:25:56 AM
I am still confused as to the use of "is" plus noun +"to be plus participle" as used here (is SOPs to be used). I haven't seen this before in a question?
I learned the pattern to be to (Advanced Grammar – “To be to”) but not to be + noun + to be past participle.
https://blog.abaenglish.com/advanced-grammar-to-be-to/
What does "where" refer to? I can't see any place?
Thank you so much!
Topic: programme board
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 9:30:33 AM
You are the best thar! Thank you!
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 9:14:35 AM
So moving on to Scope and Purpose of your SOP… First thing is to understand if this is an update to existing SOP or a totally new SOP….no point in reinventing the wheel when a simple review and refresh may do the job. Then ask yourself some simple questions on Scope:

Where is the SOP to be used and where is it not applicable, e.g. area, process, department, stage?
https://www.collaboris.com/standard-operating-procedures-a-complete-guide-scope-and-purpose/
What is the grammatical form and function of the phrase "to be used"? Would it be wrong to use the simple future in this question (Where is (will) the SOP to be used (be used) and where is it not applicable, e.g. area, process, department, stage?)? When do we use to be + noun + to be + past participle(is the SOP to be used)?
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 8:06:14 AM
Thank you! I get confused by the phrase "scope of the project". I am learning to write a PID( Project Initiation Document). I also see the word "scope" in the SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) related to my work (pharmacy). Is the meaning same in both the context?
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 6:37:56 AM
1st stage of project conception for consideration at programme board
This is the line under the the Project Brief( I am reading a project brief)
What does "programme board" mean? I know the common meaning of programme in relation to TV but could find the perfect definition that fit the context.

There is also a title "PROJECT/PROGRAM DETAILS". What does "program" mean here?