Topic: What you prick your fingers with
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 4:09:55 PM
Thanks
Topic: The outline of things
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 3:35:54 PM
Thanks!
Topic: The outline of things
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 3:16:00 PM
Jub’s job was important and she was very proud of it. Each evening when dusk was removing the outline of things, like a rubber, Jub had to shoulder her big green sack and carry all the Happy Endings of stories from one end of the fores

http://www.castofthousands.co.uk/blog/from-page-to-stage-with-the-lost-happy-endings-and-balletlorent

​what does "the outline of things" mean?

What does "Each evening when dusk was removing the outline of things, like a rubber" mean?​​​​
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 4:29:54 AM
Thanks
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 3:23:57 AM
Thanks you so much!
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 2:43:27 AM
People on insulin do self-monitoring of their blood glucose levels using blood glucose meter. They use lancets to prick their fingers to get blood sample to test.
There are lot of patients who either don't have those lancets on their repeat prescription. When I ring them , how should I frame the question using simple words or avoiding jargon such as lancets.

What you prick your fingers with?

I want an open ended question to get more information from them e.g. How have they been testing their Blood glucose levels if they don't have lancets or not been ordered for a while .
Topic: a wind
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 11:07:52 AM
Thanks
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 3:12:56 AM
Thanks but I can't see the countable sense of the noun wind in the given context. What makes it indefinite in the given context? Isn't the noun wind being used as a concept like a mass noun? I thought we can't count wind.
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 2:29:42 AM
There was a wind blowing up, which raked his face with grit . Jabir walked faster. He wanted to get to Baghdad by sundown and hopefully find Prison, and a Prayers he ...
i read the above in The golden horsemen of Baghdad. I don't understand the use of indefinite article before the noun wind in "there was a wind blowing up...".
Topic: ground glass
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 4:47:57 PM
Thanks a lot!