User Name: ranoringo
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: What Motivates you to be Good?
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 2:25:51 AM
I don't know what goodness means. It is a highly complex philosophical question. But I do know that sometimes we feel happy in making others (at least some people) happy. We will risk our lives for them and their happiness will matter more to us than ours, and we won't even feel we are being good doing it. Just that our happiness lies in their happiness, and we are only being selfish in "sacrificing" for them.
Topic: plural of faculty-in-charge
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2016 10:37:37 AM
The discussion on this topic has really been useful. One thing for sure is faculty-in-charge is incorrect. "Faculty member-in-charge can be provisional. Faculty Member In Charge of the Laboratories is correct, though a bit long. Lab I/Cs seems good enough if the fact that the persons concerned are faculty members is not essential. The usage is probably situational.
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 2:44:46 AM
faculty member-in-charge seems to be the best way out considering the perplexing nature of the word. Thanks mactoria!
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:38:57 AM
Thanks!
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:01:40 AM
Here the writer is referring to faculty members who have been assigned the responsibility of managing the departmental labs. So what term can be used for them?
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 5:34:42 AM
Thanks. The context of the term is "the respective faculty-in-charges of the labs have refused to take even the first step towards any kind of accountability as far as safety is concerned." Since the writer means several people who are in-charges of different labs, then going by what you say "Faculty In-charges" is not wrong. Is it so? And yes, is "faculty-in-charge" the incorrect way of writing it? Should it always be "Faculty In-charge"?
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:35:25 AM
What is the plural of faculty-in-charge? Faculties-in-charge or faculty-in-charges? Both sound strange to me.