The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Profile: olddogg eleventy2
About
User Name: olddogg eleventy2
Forum Rank: Member
Interests: languages, music, arts, history and stuff like that there.
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 72
[0.01% of all post / 0.10 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Payson Rodeo "August Doin's"
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 8:11:13 AM
I'm a little surprised that Prescott, Az does not get any mention... it's the oldest rodeo and takes place during the frontier days over the 4th of July celebrations. Check it out for yourselves!
Topic: Lammas
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 4:08:22 PM
It reminds me of J. R. R. Tolkiens love of the Nordic, Celtic, and Germanic languages that eventually came to be English. In the "Hobbit" and in " The Return of the King", Frodo and Sam survived their travails on "lamdas bread" made by the elves in Rivendale to sustain them in their ordeal. Just food for thought. Thank you, over and out!...lol
Topic: The Möbius Strip
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2018 6:57:23 PM
An ant could traverse the entirety of this strip, on both sides, without ever crossing an edge...however, you need to find an accommodating ant!
Topic: International Day of Co-operatives
Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2018 6:18:09 PM
Ironic.... when the tariffs just went into effect...seems planned almost huh?
Topic: Election of the Mayor of Ock Street
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:34:39 PM
Sounds like a good excuse for getting a toot on...lol
Topic: The First Rock Major Concert Is Held, Gets Shut Down (1952)
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 4:37:29 PM
Rock and roll will never die...until Alzheimer's kicks in then ............Have you seen my doggie?
Topic: make like a banana and split
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2018 4:59:48 PM
Or, you could make like a tree and leave.
Topic: Constanze Mozart (1762)
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 6:38:23 PM
I am amazed that more attention has not been given to Madame Mozart, for her devotion and her savvy in a very devious and cutthroat social provenance, if that would be the correct term. Wolfgang was a rascal and reckless in his professional and personal dealings. Genius seems to have the gift of nonchalance. This should inspire people to explore for more info on Madame Mozart. Thank you Farlex, I love this site... you're my favorite bunch of nerds...lol happy new year to you and peace!
Topic: If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog...
Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2017 3:21:05 PM
A story goes... when I was seventeen I thought my parents were the stupidest people I had ever known...when I turned twenty-one, I was surprised by how much they had learned in four years. That's definitely paraphrased. I remember that story from Hal Holbrooks, the one-man performance he used to do. I saw it on PBS years ago.
Topic: Hell and half of Georgia
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 3:48:08 PM
I don't know really where this saying came from, but, I'll venture a guess and say, General William Tecumseh Sherman in reference to his devastating campaign through the state of Georgia during the American Civil War in 1864. Maybe not by him specifically but maybe by someone else in reference to that march to the sea. Just a guess!

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.