Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 76
[0.01% of all post / 0.21 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: bumpkin
Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 2:41:42 PM
bumpkin
Definition: (noun) A person who is not very intelligent or interested in culture.
Topic: escargot
Posted: Monday, October 8, 2018 1:02:27 PM

(noun) Edible terrestrial snail usually served in the shell with a sauce of melted butter and garlic.

Synonyms: snail

Usage: I ordered escargot in an attempt to appear sophisticated, but when the plate of snails was set down before me, I could not bring myself to choke down a single one.
Topic: frothy
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 5:50:05 PM
right
Topic: Informal Uses of Ellipses
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 11:40:38 AM
ça demande beaucoup d'entrainement pour retenir cette codification
Topic: buckler
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 3:38:32 AM
As soon as he deflected his opponent's blow with his buckler, he went on the offensive, slashing away with his sword
Topic: There are two things that men should never weary of, goodness and humility; we get none too much of them in this rough world...
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2018 7:12:08 PM
There are two things that men should never weary of, goodness and humility; we get none too much of them in this rough world among cold, proud people.
Topic: disbelieve
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2018 7:11:09 PM
He was inclined to disbelieve her story, but she had several documents to support her claims
Topic: disbelieve
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2018 7:09:03 PM
He was inclined to disbelieve her story, but she had several documents to support her claims
Topic: Otis Redding (1941)
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2018 7:08:24 PM
Redding, an American soul singer known for his emotive style, began his career with Johnny Jenkins and the Pinetoppers and recorded his first hit,
Topic: Tajikistan Independence Day
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2018 7:07:11 PM
On September 9, 1991, Tajikistan officially declared its independence from the distintegrating Soviet Union.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.