User Name: Doodle Snackers
Forum Rank: Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 49
[0.01% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: You can never have a revolution in order to establish a democracy. You must have a democracy in order to have a revolution.
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 12:53:03 PM
Daemon wrote:
You can never have a revolution in order to establish a democracy. You must have a democracy in order to have a revolution.

Gilbert Chesterton (1874-1936)

For starters, to have a revolution, all one needs is a crank handle and a strong right arm.
Topic: In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2019 4:32:55 AM
Bully_rus wrote:
Daemon wrote:
In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Yeah. There’s one more tragedy that is not getting what one needs - badly…

The only tragedy is when things get out of hand, which is always open to interpretation, if you can grasp what I mean. Think Dancing Dancing
Topic: In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2019 4:21:19 AM
Daemon wrote:
In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Whilst the lumpenproletariat might not get what you mean, Oscar...I get it, I GET it! Please excuse me now, won't you?...because having got what you mean, I must be getting on. Dancing Brick wall Whistle
Topic: It is unsafe to take your reader for more of a fool than he is.
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2019 3:46:22 PM
taurine wrote:
J W Henderson wrote:
Fools walk in where readers fear to tread.

The word "tread" indicates a force used while, exempli gratia, walking. The readers do not use force if attempting to read. They mostly stop reading after discovering that the text already read out is not good. Fools may walk in where readers fear to contravene the reason.

I really like your sentence as forcing me to think.

Fools crush in where angels fear t'read...the pore things. crush = a fenced stock passage wherein the pen is mightier than the sword.

Topic: It is unsafe to take your reader for more of a fool than he is.
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2019 2:51:58 PM
Daemon wrote:
It is unsafe to take your reader for more of a fool than he is.

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Maugham%2c+William+Somerset (1874-1965)

Not if he's foolishly penned behind bars.
Topic: History fades into fable; fact becomes clouded with doubt and controversy; the inscription molders from the tablet; the...
Posted: Thursday, June 6, 2019 9:08:48 AM
Bully_rus wrote:
Doodle Snackers wrote:
Bully_rus wrote:
Doodle Snackers wrote:
Bully_rus wrote:
Yeah. We create our own history. Everyone. Everyday. It sounds quite dignified,isn’t it? Do it diligently, though, because of its importance...

It'd sound and look more dignified if you had written "doesn't it?" rather than "isn't it?", which when immediately followed by "Do it diligently,..." suggests that someone who regularly visits this forum might like to reck their own rede a tad on the odd occasion.

Yeah. I love grammar Nazis. I respect them. What about history, Washington Irving or something that really matters? Do you have any thoughts? Any...

As a matter-of-fact, everything matters. Thoughts?...did someone mention thoughts? I thought that thoughts were only feral figments of one's imagination, but I'll stand corrected should it really matter to anyone, provided they're not lazily lost in thought futilely trying to collect their far-fetched thoughts, which is usually but the bedevilled behaviour of grammar Nazis. Bad cess to 'em all, I say...say what?

Are you lawyer or something about? I really admire your capability to talk much and to say nothing. Just keep it going. It’s really interesting what balderdash you do bring next time. Please, don’t repeat yourself. Be creative.

[...] ...or something about?[...] What is this "about" that you speak of, all about? What's it all about, Alfie?
Topic: History fades into fable; fact becomes clouded with doubt and controversy; the inscription molders from the tablet; the...
Posted: Thursday, June 6, 2019 8:58:31 AM
taurine wrote:
September 17, 1939 Nazis and their friends...

Ja, das ist gut mein freund...nicht var? Mit der grossenschneidergeheinzeldorpfschnitzendenpfempegewinzelwertewunces,und ein kleine Trittbrettunsterblichkeit. Boo hoo! Whistle
Posted: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:56:22 PM
J W Henderson wrote:
Dissolution is all too often the ultimate result of historical events.

Only in part. Brick wall
Posted: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:49:31 PM
Bully_rus wrote:
Doodle Snackers wrote:
Bully_rus wrote:
Yeah. We create our own history. Everyone. Everyday. It sounds quite dignified,isn’t it? Do it diligently, though, because of its importance...

It'd sound and look more dignified if you had written "doesn't it?" rather than "isn't it?", which when immediately followed by "Do it diligently,..." suggests that someone who regularly visits this forum might like to reck their own rede a tad on the odd occasion.

Yeah. I love grammar Nazis. I respect them. What about history, Washington Irving or something that really matters? Do you have any thoughts? Any...

As a matter-of-fact, everything matters. Thoughts?...did someone mention thoughts? I thought that thoughts were only feral figments of one's imagination, but I'll stand corrected should it really matter to anyone, provided they're not lazily lost in thought futilely trying to collect their far-fetched thoughts, which is usually but the bedevilled behaviour of grammar Nazis. Bad cess to 'em all, I say...say what?
Posted: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 4:42:33 AM
Bully_rus wrote:
Yeah. We create our own history. Everyone. Everyday. It sounds quite dignified, isn’t it? Do it diligently, though, because of its importance...

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.