User Name: Doodle Snackers
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 21
[0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Let's not borrow trouble ... The rate of interest is too high.
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 5:25:40 PM
Neither a borrower nor a lender be, for loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry. Shame on you

Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile. What's the use of worrying, it never was worthwhile, so, pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile. Boo hoo! Applause

You can always borrow some roubles from Putin to buy some spelt bread to have with your t.., but if you don't pay him back Vlad'll likely be after your pelt and your t.. caddy.
Topic: Some cynical Frenchman has said that there are two parties to a love-transaction: the one who loves and the other who...
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2018 12:54:05 PM
"...there are two parties to a love transaction:..." ???

What's wrong with having a party every night, just for the love of it?
Topic: It contributes greatly towards a man's moral and intellectual health to be brought into habits of companionship with...
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 10:19:59 AM
Daemon wrote:
It contributes greatly towards a man's moral and intellectual health to be brought into habits of companionship with individuals unlike himself, who care little for his pursuits, and whose sphere and abilities he must go out of himself to appreciate.

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Nathaniel+Hawthorne (1804-1864)

Genius likes company. Brick wall
Topic: I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked: it was a wise man,...
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:53:05 AM
I get up to no good (bedevilment)everyday....but I'm trying to rise above it.
Topic: Long brooding over those lost pleasures exaggerates their charm and sweetness.
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2018 4:08:22 PM
Years ago I must've been under some sort of spell because I used to brood s_pell-mell in my slee_puntil I was startled by a brude awakening. Shhh
Topic: Before I do anything I feel that I have choice, and that influences what I do; but afterwards, when the thing is done, I...
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 7:10:56 AM
"Before I do anything...""???

One is always doing something, even if it's said to seemingly amount to nothing. It's just one of those many things that we can't do nothing..err..anything about. One might as well try bashing one's head against a wick brawl. Brick wall

Topic: Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 5:46:57 AM
Only dull people...

That's putting it bluntly!
Topic: What a pity that in life we only get our lessons when they are of no use to us.
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 2:42:34 AM
At a stretch, I'd say that a lesson earnt is a lesson l_earnt; with less_on learning and more towards earning.
Topic: It would be better to give up the notion of writing until you are better prepared ... You must not become a mere peddler of...
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 4:59:39 AM
[...] The thing to learn is to know what people are thinking about, not what they say.

'Nuff said! Brick wall
Topic: Better than man doth woman understand children, but man is more childish than woman.
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 2:49:01 AM
You've gotta be kidding, Friedrich!

Young and foolish...old and childish.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.