Profile: Blaidd-Drwg
About
User Name: Blaidd-Drwg
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,117
[0.21% of all post / 1.21 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Facebook considering a ban on political ads.
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 5:55:18 PM
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/506809-facebook-considering-a-band-on-political-ads-reports

Facebook is considering banning political ads on its platforms in the run-up to this year's election, according to multiple Friday reports.

The potential ban is still in the discussion stage and has not been finalized, Bloomberg and The New York Times both reported.

A spokesperson for Facebook did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

This would be a good first step. It will not really change what Facebook has become (an Internet black hole that collects all of the world's garbage), but it will make it slightly more difficult for political entities and those who make money by disseminating disinformation to continue with the sheer volume of garbage spewed. It is unlikely that FB will actually ban political ads, but even if they do they have no intention of taking on the majority of the accounts that funnel disinformation because there is just too much money being made.

Topic: Stop getting tested!
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 11:26:26 AM
Romany, their thinking is that it won't happen to them personally and they really, truly don't care what happens to others. And when you talk about other countries, you may as well be talking about other planets. These followers are barely able to see past their own nose.

But, that is exactly how their leaders have taught them.
Topic: little donny says "open the schools" no matter the consequences
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2020 11:01:10 AM
His idea of "pressure" is to have his followers shriek and wail about how their rights are being trampled on by the States.Liar Liar Liar His followers are against States rights until they are told to support them.

The Repugs want stronger States with a weaker Federal government, but the orange wingding can't consolidate power in the White House quickly enough. The Repugs know that once that power is consolidated, it's difficult to unconsolidate, say when a Democrat is in office.
Topic: This!
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:53:35 AM
Thanks Hope. Nice seeing the information consolidated like this.
Topic: When politicians try to do the right thing.
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2020 1:02:55 PM
towan52 wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Romany,

The normal cerebral response from el intolerante - what a pratt! Or, in Russian: деревенщина

I was thinking член, but that may be a little outdated.
Topic: The Black 4th march in Minneapolis
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2020 8:34:57 AM
This is in Minnesota, not Texas or North Carolina or West Virginia. It isn't that there are a lot of right-wing extremists here, it's that our Douche Canoe in Chief has told them it's patriotic to be loud, willfully ignorant, malicious, and a victim.
Topic: Coronavirus autopsies show multiple organ damage
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2020 8:29:18 AM
I'll track down where I read this, but there are many cases of Covid 19 that have lasted a 100 days or more and the doctors have not been able to say why this is.
Topic: The Black 4th march in Minneapolis
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2020 4:44:31 PM
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/07/05/photos-thousands-take-part-in-black-4th-march-through-downtown-minneapolis

Thousands of people marched through downtown Minneapolis on Saturday night to speak out against racial injustice, and to commemorate Frederick Douglass' 1852 speech "What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?"

"We're really bringing attention to the hypocrisy of the holiday and how many of us were not independent,” Tayo Daniel, co-founder of the 10K Foundation, said before the Black 4th march. “Our grandparents, our ancestors were not independent. Quite the opposite, we were actually in chains, being beaten and oppressed during the time of the Declaration of Independence."

10K Foundation co-founder Royce White said the Fourth of July march was “to signal the death of the old false holiday,” White called on demonstrators to join them to “start again with something positive on July 5 to signal the new America.”

The only thing the conservatives will get out of any of this is that someone somewhere doesn't like the 4th of July and is, therefore, a terrorist who wants to kill them personally. Conservatives have been working overtime lately to rewrite the narrative and trying to make themselves out to be the victims. A bit like a person driving a car and hitting a pedestrian, repeatedly, and then claiming that the pedestrian had given them a dirty look (thus making them the driver of the car the victim). Capt Sphincter Blossom has his followers believing down into their bones that they are being victimized by the "far-left fascists" (let that one sink in), by all minorities, by all foreigners, and by anyone they don't know to be God-fearing Christian American Conservatives.

Sitting in the same room with one of these dingbats for an hour is enough to make you want to chew your own leg off to escape. A few of us were privileged to have been forced to listen to one of these delicate flowers whine (loudly enough to drown out any other possible conversation) how those terrorist protestors at Mount Rushmore should go back to their own country (let that one sink in - FYI they were Native American protesters), and I think he may actually have stolen this from a woman onsite for Capt, Sphincter Blossom's speech there, but I can't be sure. He also yelled about how Muslims are forcing Minnesota to follow Sharia Law (our representative Ilhan Omar has the wingdings in perpetual apoplectic fits). He then went on to yell about how he has been victimized by all of the protestings because there never used to be protests in HIS AMERICA, and how all young people are spoiled brats who need to have their asses whipped for giving into the black protesters. He even gave a nod to Covid 19 as the Chinese Disease (although he did not say Chinese, but an epithet that I had not heard in more than 30 years).

The only good thing to come out of that encounter was finding out that nearly everyone else within earshot was in just as much of a hurry to get away from this freak as I was.

Topic: When politicians try to do the right thing.
Posted: Saturday, July 4, 2020 9:59:19 PM
Hope, it isn't about corporations giving something for free. It's that they might give it for free to the wrong people (not white middle class).
Topic: Oh the Irony Times Two
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2020 10:42:26 PM
Hope123 wrote:
Both Mexico and Canada have closed their borders to the US and extended the length of time a couple of times. The EU won't let Americans travel to Europe.

As one American put it, “We are closed in like sardines in a COVID 19 infected can without hope of escape. Wow.”

So it is no longer “America First” but “America Only”.

Special irony for Mexico to close its border to the US - they got their wall and US veterans paid for it.

Irony # 2 - When it comes to Covid and masks, a matter of life and death, many Americans, mostly Trumpists and some Republicans, think, “My body, my choice”. But when it comes to a woman having a choice over her own body, that's a 'horse of a different colour' to them. Because you see, “It's a matter of life and death”.

Edited: Sorry (not sorry) US - we have trained Cobra Chickens (Canadian Geese) that will hunt you down and attack if you even think about coming over our closed border. Whistle Whistle Whistle

It hurts to see my country that I served become a laughing stock as well as a pariah, but (especially after having lived in the UK) I agree with the enforced isolation. I can only hope that the US as a whole is able to embrace science, logic, and diplomacy again soon.