Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,581
[0.18% of all post / 1.88 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Could It Really Happen That Way?
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:06:31 PM
philips daughter wrote:
You guys have a lot of faith in people who have not ever shown they are any smarter or any more loyal to the citizens of the US than their president. That’s my abridged version of my opinion.

No faith in anyone even remotely associated with the current occupant of the White House or his political party. Just the idea that those people have an instinct for self preservation and starting a nuclear war would conflict with that.

Be kind but be fierce. You are needed now more than ever before. Take up the mantel of change. For this is your time.
Topic: Could It Really Happen That Way?
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:15:40 AM
I had a very long post all set to go and deleted it. Far too pessimistic. The current occupant of the White House might very easily and with no actual thought, order a nuclear strike as a response to any perceived threat to himself. Behind the scenes there would be what is called a "Come To Jesus Moment" where decision makers and the current occupant's staff would all agree to find a way to belay the strike order.

Be kind but be fierce. You are needed now more than ever before. Take up the mantel of change. For this is your time.
Topic: any cross dressers in new port richey fl
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 1:44:24 PM
Another cross dresser.

Topic: God bless the Queen!
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 3:25:03 PM
Schlook Inside wrote:
Prog I don't know of this royalty you speak of.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/11/us/politics/2016-presidential-election-super-pac-donors.html
Hope was right about our royalty. It is the Wilks family, the Mercer family, The Kochs of course, but then people you've never heard of like Toby Neugebauer and Kelcy Warren. A little over 100 people/families funded the majority of the last presidential election.

Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 10:21:01 PM
Schlook Inside wrote:
progpen wrote:
Hope is right. The US has its own royalty. They just don't wear crowns (in public).

Not the same Prog,In the US..you don't like your president and family,you protest,you make fun of them,your current president is the butt of everybody's joke. Whether you like them or not,they represent.

I wasn't talking about our President or any of our elected officials. Our royalty control our elected officials and are not elected or appointed.

And many or our elected officials do not "represent" precisely because of who controls them.

Posted: Monday, January 08, 2018 10:40:06 PM
Hope is right. The US has its own royalty. They just don't wear crowns (in public).

Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2018 3:05:26 PM
Hope123 wrote:
Apparently there are even a few Americans who would like to do away with the Presidency in favor of a monarchy, but that would be a very hard sell when the country was formed in rebellion against a king.

This is only due to the limited understanding of what a monarchy actually is and is only compounded by the limited understanding of what an oligarchy or republic or democracy are.

And back to the O.P. I read the Queen's Christmas greeting as well. She is a strong and intelligent person and I've watched her over the past decades with respect and admiration as she weathered the many storms both internal (family) and external.

Topic: Alaska returns to Russia
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2018 11:46:52 AM
Litvinenko wrote:
You scare the Americans, stop it.

LOL, thank you for your concern but this piddling thing just adds a small bit to the cacophony of fear that is being shoved down American's throats every day.

Topic: Alaska returns to Russia
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2018 9:10:29 AM
I'd say this discussion ranks right up there with:

What if Great Britain takes back the North American Colonies? Both of these questions are great subjects for alternative timeline science fiction stories, but other than that. Not so much.

Edit: There is far too much else going on right now for us to waste our time and resources fretting over this.

Topic: So, what do people think about Al Franken?
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2018 3:36:59 PM
philips daughter wrote:
If there are pictures and he did resign then yes, he did it. Democratic men aren't any different. Most men aren’t political at all. This is culture. Will there be change? Hopefully.

I feel that the problem here is that he did some of the things he was accused of when he was an entertainer, but probably did not do the more recent things. He did not resign because he was guilty but because the accusations were hurting the Democratic party.

Ultimately the same result but for very different reasons.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.