Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,489
[0.17% of all post / 1.91 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Sesame Street Premieres (1969)
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2017 9:08:51 AM
I grew up on this show. It was one of the sparks that ignited my love of reading and taught me multiculturalism in white rural Iowa.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Topic: Bookmarks won't load
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:12:07 AM
I've also noticed this and on the home page the account stats/information also show "problem loading data". On all the other pages, the stats show up fine.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Topic: Las Vegas
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2017 6:37:13 PM
There can't be a mature, reasonable discussion regarding gun control in the US because money has taken the maturity and reason out of the discussion and all that it left are right wing sound bites, a little bit of hand wringing and a whole lot of nothing. Logic and maturity left the stage a long time ago.

Topic: Pardon Me, Mr. President.
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:04:23 PM
Peace. You win.

Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:32:37 PM
I'm not getting into the debate about whether he is "smart" or "dumb" and the "tv god" was hyperbole. He has not shown himself to be sly or clever except when he is playing from a power position in the business world. When he does not have an inherent advantage over others, he has proven to be below average.

Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:18:01 AM
Hope123 wrote:
Trump backs down - on Twitter - says no deal and wall will be built. A much different tone to what he originally said about the meeting.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/democrats-claim-deal-trump-young-undocumented-immigrants/story?id=49837488

I saw this as well, Hope, and I think it plays into the publicity theme. He's trying to play both sides, but keeps forgetting that when he says something while in office, people aren't afraid to call him out on it, unlike when he was a television god.

Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:58:40 AM
Tightrope is a good word for it, but it does make it sound like the current occupant of the White House is walking in one direction with purpose. Thus far the current occupant of the White House has only shown that his purpose or direction is to get as much media exposure as possible and to use his public office to benefit himself and his family's private business.

The current occupant is apolitical, but surrounded himself with right wing extremists so everything he accomplished was through that filter. Is it possible that he has realized that surrounding himself with right wing extremists is hurting his business and he is now trying to correct that error?

Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 6:45:45 PM
First, the idea that a DACA person who stays keeps someone else from entering the country is twaddle. Immigration numbers have always been fluid and to even hint that if this person stays then that person cannot enter shows a breathtaking ignorance of immigration in general and US immigration law in particular.

Second, if the parsar truly thinks people are as horrible as he says, then I personally invite him to stay home.

Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2017 8:44:17 AM
Another update on the O.P.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/09/07/npr-trump-jr-meet-senate-judiciary-committee-investigators

Junior will be meeting behind closed doors with congressional investigators today.

Specifically, the Senate Judiciary Committee is likely to use a closed-door interview to grill Trump Jr. on his meeting in June 2016 with a Russian contingent that was described as offering dirt on his father's rival, Hillary Clinton.

Good news. The investigation does not appear to be slowing down.

Topic: Kim Jong-un's days are numbered.
Posted: Monday, September 04, 2017 10:49:01 AM
Romany, it's all about them being able to identify those "others". "god", "gays", "guns" are the big three here in the US.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.