Profile: zina antoaneta
About
User Name: zina antoaneta
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 117
[0.01% of all post / 0.09 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: It is a delicious thing to write, to be no longer yourself but to move in an entire universe of your own creating. Today, for...
Posted: Thursday, April 4, 2019 1:25:12 AM
Lovely quote. I love Flaubert!...
Topic: Hans Christian Andersen (1805)
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:16:28 AM
He was a poet! I'm moved to tears just thinking of the delicate beauty of his fairytales. And, funny, even such a man could be strongly disliked as in his overstay in Dickens' home...:)
Topic: John Wayne Gacy (1942)
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 2:45:19 PM
One needs a shower after reading this article. What a despicable man! Sad is that he did not completely lack qualities. Could he have been a different man if brought up differently? Unfortunately, we'll never have the answer to that question.
Topic: John Loudon McAdam (1756)
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 12:46:05 PM
I like the touch: for political reasons his family changed its name to McAdam and claimed descendance from Adam...Leave it to politics to come with striking ideas!
Topic: DNA analysis may decode how dinosaurs looked
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2018 5:30:35 AM
Funny! With all the fictional depictions I thought that the scientists already knew!
Topic: Offender Profiling
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 5:43:10 AM
Profiling is always risky, even dangerous for its potential to point to the innocent. Although it's easy to understand its temptation when dealing with high notoriety difficult cases.
Topic: Priest Urbain Grandier Burned at the Stake for Witchcraft (1634)
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 5:08:37 AM
This proves once again that speaking truth to power has always been a dangerous endeavor punishable by death. Just the propaganda material changes for it would be funny to use the same pretexts today. Or would it?!
Topic: Liviu Librescu (1930)
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 4:53:15 AM
RIP! A brave and altruistic man! A HERO!
Topic: All idealization makes life poorer. To beautify it is to take away its character of complexity—it is to destroy it.
Posted: Wednesday, July 4, 2018 5:02:04 AM
Interesting quote! Does idealization make the life poorer? It doesn't seem so when we're in love. Less complex? True, complexity comes later when we learn about the humanity in all of us.
Topic: It is easy to find fault, if one has that disposition. There was once a man who, not being able to find any other fault with...
Posted: Thursday, June 7, 2018 3:21:33 AM
Nice!