User Name: silofayses
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: comprehension
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 9:53:14 AM
please help me with the comprehension of this sentence. I cannot get the idea of the second part. "the main incentive" is related to "such devices" or "leaving the examination"?
"Certainly such concerns are not unfounded, as the sanctioned use of translation tools may undermine the actual language acquisition process or even the need to learn another language in the first place, potentially leaving examinations that forbid the use of such devices the main incentive for students to actually learn the language."
Topic: comprehension
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 3:34:51 AM
please help me with the comprehension and translation of this sentence. I cannot get the idea of the second part. "the main incentive" is related to "such devices" or "leaving the examination"?
"Certainly such concerns are not unfounded, as the sanctioned use of translation tools may undermine the actual language acquisition process or even the need to learn another language in the first place, potentially leaving examinations that forbid the use of such devices the main incentive for students to actually learn the language."