Profile: vickey palzor lepcha
About
User Name: vickey palzor lepcha
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 37
[0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: which is the correct form of the past tense?
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:12:05 AM
Is " dreamed " correct ?

I have always used " dreamt "
Topic: Go inside vs get inside.
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:08:41 AM
NKM wrote:
They have the same basic meaning, and both are perfectly clear.

"Go inside" is entirely normal.

"Get inside", at least to my American ear, seems a bit more forceful, and perhaps impatient or even angry. (Of course much depends on your facial expression and tone of voice.)

I agree to what you've said - seems like the difference is just the situation and the mood when it is used.
Topic: clavus
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2015 2:24:51 PM
monamagda wrote:
What a versatile word!!

In costume, 1. In Roman antiquity, a vertical stripe or band of purple color in the tissue of the tunic. Senators were distinguished by the broad stripe or laticlavus; knights and others wore the narrow stripe or angusticlavus. See laticlave and angusticlave.

2. Under the Byzantine empire and in church vestments, a plain border; a round spot supposed to resemble a nail-head, used chiefly in groups or clusters at the edge of the stuff, forming a border.

A grain of rye, or other cereal or grass, affected with ergot: applied to the immature or sclerotium stage of the fungus, which was formerly known as Sclerotium clavus.

In pathology, a pain in the head limited to one spot, as if a nail were being driven in.

In entomology, the nail; the interior basal part of the hemielytrum of a heteropterous insect.

In pathology: A corn.

A nail-shaped excrescence.

In entomology: The club of the antenna.

The knob at the end of the stigmal or radial rein of a chalcidid or proctotrypid hymenopterous parasite.

https://www.wordnik.com/words/clavus

quite a versatality ;-)
Topic: aguacate
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2015 1:47:32 PM
so both are correct - avocado and aguacate ? Spanish speaking population use aguacate
Topic: Meryl Streep (1949)
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2015 1:46:27 PM
oh ! she is a wonderful actress
Topic: I didn't want to work. It was as simple as that. I distrusted work, disliked it. I thought it was a very bad thing that the...
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2015 1:45:56 PM
I should read her book someday
Topic: Iceland Independence Day
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 4:02:43 PM
So this nation was under Denmark
Topic: If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 4:01:38 PM
This line quite befits people who talk a lot about others
Topic: Mumtaz Mahal Dies in Childbirth (1631)
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 4:00:05 PM
And the workers whose hands were cut off - this structure is a symbol of labour atrocities
Topic: Mumtaz Mahal Dies in Childbirth (1631)
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 3:59:22 PM
Gary98 wrote:
Considering India has hungry children today, this beautiful building can be a token of shame for the rich.

true that