User Name: .wichitarick
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests: still inventing them
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 221
[0.03% of all post / 0.07 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: what name ,part, is Too bad called in this sentence?
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2017 9:42:16 PM

Yes is what I called it.
Thank you very much

Rick :)

Read to your kid they will read with you,re neighbors kid
It is not the crazy people you worry about ....It is the one,s that don,t know it!
Topic: what name ,part, is Too bad called in this sentence?
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2017 7:16:09 PM

Hi. & thanks:)

Seems simple but solve an argument please:)

What is the word "Too" called in this sentence? please I just wanted to match it with a vocabulary video because several have been used and they are both wrong? :)
thanks again Rick

"Hey Plymouth ROCK is one of the U.S. oldest monuments? Too bad I didn't think of that one in history class:)"

So yes grammatically what is Too called ?

It is not the crazy people you worry about ....It is the one,s that don,t know it!
Topic: mood music
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2014 9:48:14 PM
Miriam... wrote:
Good morning, Rick.

I have never listened to YES before, until now. In the past, when I vaguely remember someone mentioning the group, I would nod my head in agreement with them, much the same way I do when people talk about T.V. shows.:)

Thank you for posting your song. I feel like I've widened my horizons. :)

So, after listening to the song you posted, I scrolled down and listened to a few more--just so, in case I happen to meet a 'YES' man on the road--I know what I am talking about.

Here are two more perhaps you might like to hear:

And You and I

Onward

Hi. I was trying to stay on track of "MOOD MUSIC" Rather than what am I listening to.
I looked though A LOT of this thread,A LOT of interesting & great types of music.
Someone a few pgs. back brought one of the best links out for YES ,the beauty of technology,a LOT sounds better than the originals.
Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans [Full Remastered Album + Bonus Tracks ᴴᴰ]
http://youtu.be/FHLCsZtiX8M
Your choices are also beautiful songs. I fixed the one link. Rick
Yes - And You And I - live
http://youtu.be/7fi-sUOM8io

Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 4:03:54 AM

I said I would try harder :) I meant it .

I post music daily or often, already. depending on my how I feel, I have to listen to something fairly deep or trippy :) or "relaxing" whether it is to stimulate my nerves or numb my mind a bit ,the problem becomes ,the music opens a gate of emotion & the relaxation never takes place:) so I am sometimes more particular than other times.
Beautiful song from a great l.p. Peace take practice. Rick
On the Silent Wings of Freedom by Yes
http://youtu.be/dp9aHtN4K74

Topic: Poetry: Who is your favorite poet?
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2014 3:36:07 PM

Yes. But most of it is used in lyrics from a lot of different types of music
& from different time periods,or I hear or read it & use it for the inspiration or the trigger to write my own feelings down.

Without sounding self serving,stuff,feelings I have written about ,then when I re-read them later have the most impact on my feelings .
Although most of it would take a good beating for grammar errors in a forum like this :)
but it still tends to be my deepest feelings from "that moment" & often that memory is completely lost,so to re discover this in writing has had a LOT of impact .
Although I have never kept a diary, looking back on poems or loose verse that was often written while very sick has been tremendously helpful in fully understanding my own feelings .
Rick Wichita Ks. western slope Co.

Topic: Which song is this?
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:40:11 AM

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/johnlennon/mindgames.html
"We're playing those mind games together
Pushing the barriers planting seeds
Playing the mind guerrilla
Chanting the Mantra peace on earth
We all been playing those mind games forever
Some kinda druid dudes lifting the veil
Doing the mind guerrilla
Some call it magic the search for the grail

Love is the answer and you know that for sure
Love is a flower you got to let it grow

So keep on playing those mind games together
Faith in the future out of the now
You just can't beat on those mind guerrillas
Absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind
Yeah we're playing those mind games together
Projecting our images in space and in time

Yes is the answer and you know that for sure
Yes is surrender you got to let it go

So keep on playing those mind games together
Doing the ritual dance in the sun
Millions of mind guerrillas
Putting their soul power to the karmic wheel
Keep on playing those mind games together
Raising the spirit of peace and love
(I want you to make love, not war
I know you've heard it before)"

Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:36:42 AM

Hi folks forgive me
Has been a LONG time since I posted here.

I play A LOT of music & use it & live with it as therapy of all kinds .
from white noise for sleep,to study ,thought provoking lyrics.

I admit I didn't try to hard YET :) but I love nature sounds as background
this or something similar,& white noise of fans or wind or waves,water are what I sleep with daily . Peace takes Practice Rick western slope Co. Wichita Ks.
Sounds of Night Crickets
http://youtu.be/jzN3yJXlWrg

Topic: Regarding PTSD
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 1:07:37 AM
Hi
Is to hard to "diagnose" with spending time with the person. But trauma can come a huge variety of places,ways,things.

Like lots of other "labels" for things that can wrong with us ,ptsd is now a blanket phrase for trauma.

In no way is it meant to only include veterans of wars. the civilians of wars for that matter usually are faced with a LOT MORE trauma than all the military combined.

I dealt with it for over 2o yrs. & had certain triggers that definitely set me off or left me numb often what I would now describe as textbook "panic attack" I now know a lot of that was actually partial seizures & my "aura" kicking in ,was the trigger setting off the flashback, that triggered the seizures? I now say yes.

People who have been traumatized ,especially in the past, often NEVER deal with what the actual problem may be or self medicate i.e. get wasted,drunk etc. & very few people,including themselves even know there may be an underlying reason or something they are hiding or even lying about. rape,assault victims do this a lot,or in my case "tuff" guys that can't explain to friends why the smell of diesel makes them vomit, the sound of aircraft makes them duck or have cold sweats,smells,sounds put me in shock I just played stupid.

I also see a lot of web m.d. self diagnoses & worry because when something "real" happens no one will believe them.
I can only urge anyone that has been through trauma or has fmily,friends who have to seek PROFESSIONAL help & please talk with trusted people,family friends even yourself rather than hide it. Rick WICHITA KANSAS

Topic: PROPER USE OF "Negate" ????
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 12:20:16 AM
Think Hi

Is this sentence written properly? I understand the meaning of the word "NEGATE" But I think I messed this sentence up?
I have memory problems & learn & then re-learn I lol most of the time but this one bugs me thanks so much Rick Wichita Kansas

"His final actions can never NEGATE his prior ones!"

Topic: If bulls**t can pass muster, then why not mother f*****?
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 1:22:09 AM
Hi
Wouldn't want to sound to SMART.
So I will leave it to the professionals
George Carlin 7 words you can't say - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Nrp7cj_tM

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.