Profile: Hope123
About
User Name: Hope123
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9,476
[0.94% of all post / 4.70 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Choose, Americans. Trump OR Democracy!
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 5:20:36 PM
To get back on topic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/what-if-trump-refuses-concede/616424/

“The worst case, however, is not that Trump rejects the election outcome. The worst case is that he uses his power to prevent a decisive outcome against him. If Trump sheds all restraint, and if his Republican allies play the parts he assigns them, he could obstruct the emergence of a legally unambiguous victory for Biden in the Electoral College and then in Congress. He could prevent the formation of consensus about whether there is any outcome at all. He could seize on that un­certainty to hold on to power.”...Trump will insist from exile, as long as he draws breath, that the contest was rigged.”

The GOP dominated Senate was finally forced to say along with Democrats that they support a peaceful transfer so the most likely scenario may still be a peaceful transition of power to Biden with violence by radicalized Trump supporters who listen to his words.

Mayors and governors are on notice and they are doing a lot in anticipation of both unlawful vigilantes as well as "color of law" deployment.

This includes everything from command posts for election violence monitoring, urban curfews, crowd control plans with National Guard, states of emergency to protect right to vote.

“A victory for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, a Democratic takeover of the Senate and defense of the party's House majority in the November elections would be the best outcome for the U.S. economy, according to an analysis released... by Moody’s Analytics."

An American patriot : “The pendulum of our great nation seems to have swung toward conceit and unsteadiness once again, but it is in our power to wrest it back. Our government is there to serve us, not the other way around.”
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 5:15:56 PM
whatson wrote:

A couple of hings I got from this ex Trump supporter's video besides listing all the negative things Trump's already done that are generally known like deficit, lowering taxes for wealthy, Covid, asking foreign governments for help with the election etc. are:

1. Trump has no plan going forward *****

2. He blames Congress and Senate for allowing such things as Subpoenas of the administration not being obeyed and there were no consequences - they were above the law*****

3. He thought he was voting for someone who says what he means and does what he says, and instead DJT has done nothing but lie to the people.

4. What are you hiding by your actions about your business dealings? he asked.

5. You gave $1200 to those who diddn't need it, instead of just doing the unemployed - no way to run a business
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 5:10:02 PM
FounDit wrote:
Hope123 wrote:
I don't recognize this FounDit as the FounDit I met who was on this forum years ago before he was radicalized.
If it's radical to love my country, support the Constitution, advocate for the rule of Law, and support freedom and opportunity for all, then color me radical.

He valued the Constitution AND democracy, was reasonable, and able to see the truth.
Still do.

Now he says Democracy is nothing but mob rule. Wow! Very sad but this seems to be what has happened to a minority of Americans.
That's right. Democracy is mob rule. There is no representation for the minority side. The mob rules.

A peaceful transfer took place with civility. Opposing what is happening in real time is not opposing a peaceful transfer. You have conflated two issues.
Looting, burning, killing, and swarming the streets attacking strangers is not a peaceful transfer with civility.

That is recent and has to do with racism stirred up by Trump, his actions, and the police targeting and killing black people with no consequences. It has has not one thing to do with the peaceful transfer of power almost four years ago except in Trump's mind and thus your mind and his supporters' minds who believe him.

The Republicans were told to oppose everything a black man did, and they did.
No one told me to oppose everything a black man did. I opposed him because I didn't like his policies, or the "fundamental transformation" he said he wanted to do to our country.

I didn't say YOU did - by Republicans it is the Republican government. How many civilians followed McConnell's leadership would be an unknown but the government surely did. It is why Obama had to resort to the Executive orders he said he wouldn't use during the campaign..

After all the investigations of Obama (and Hillary over the years) there's not one shred of evidence of illegal activity against them.

LMAO...only 783 of them.

Obama Scandals

It seems you have extremely low tolerance for Obama “scandals”, but extremely high tolerance for Trump scandals. I looked at the list on the link. 783 you say. I saw a lot of unsubstantiated accusations by irregular news sources, and several newspaper articles all about the same subject which are counted as separate “scandals”.

A couple of “scandals” - Obama pays less in tax than his secretary. As a candidate he ran against signing executive orders and did just that. His counsel was being investigated - no mention of outcome.

Obama mistakenly said people could keep their doctors under Obamacare and it turned out they couldn't.

I saw nothing I'd consider to be a real scandal where he did anything for his own personal gain. Like 205,000 Americans dead when Trump knew and told people there was no problem to protect his election, (kind of backfired) when Trump uses the presidency to further the wealth of himself and his family.

Etc.

Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 9:50:43 AM
The Atlantic in an article about employees having to lie for Trump::

It is easy to see why Trump appointees who work in institutions that deal with science and public health might be the first to break: Their jobs require them to grapple every day with data that they have to deny. But the same dissonance may also be fueling some of the more ridiculous conspiracy theories now circulating online. The adherents of the QAnon cult may have literally been driven past the point of reason. In order to make sense of the world they can see all around them, they have created an elaborate and obviously false explanation—that an omniscient Trump is fighting a cabal of deep-state Satanists and pedophiles. No wonder Republicans, instead of shunning QAnon believers, are working to elect some of them to Congress in November. They genuinely serve a function, helping Trump supporters navigate the gap between the reality they live in and the fiction they see on Fox and Facebook.
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2020 9:04:55 AM
lazarius wrote:
Hope123 wrote:
Lazarius, did you watch the video? You missed the point completely. Trump plans to take away the American people's choice.

I do not watch videos. I prefer to look at facts. He has had enough time and hasn't done it yet.

-

Oh yes he has done a lot in preparation plus the election is not here yet.

The video was Trump's own words which are the facts.

I see it is Russian and New Germans on this thread who are for Trump - anti democracy - which kind of makes my point.

Topic: These Are Not Protesters
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2020 7:58:24 PM
FounDit wrote:
whatson wrote:

Greetings back at'cha. I will take his advice and vote. I'll vote for DONALD TRUMP for four more years, and then maybe Don Jr. or someone like Trump to follow. You're welcome.

What happens when there's eventually a dictator you don't like? (You might live long enough. :))

Belarus plans to punish opposition bloggers with criminal charges after President Alexander Lukashenko’s surprise inauguration triggered a night of protests, clashes and arrests https://trib.al/i8GjCbh
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2020 3:53:34 PM
I don't recognize this FounDit as the FounDit I met who was on this forum years ago before he was radicalized. He valued the Constitution AND democracy, was reasonable, and able to see the truth. Now he says Democracy is nothing but mob rule. Wow! Very sad but this seems to be what has happened to a minority of Americans.

A peaceful transfer took place with civility. Opposing what is happening in real time is not opposing a peaceful transfer. You have conflated two issues. The Republicans were told to oppose everything a black man did, and they did. After all the investigations of Obama (and Hillary over the years) there's not one shred of evidence of illegal activity against them.

https://youtu.be/sCFHuH1Vz5w

Lazarius, did you watch the video? You missed the point completely. Trump plans to take away the American people's choice.

Trump has said he wants to destroy all the ballots without counting them, to let the Supreme Court decide who will be president (that's how Bush Jr. got in when there was controversy re ballots with hanging chads and the FL woman in charge got herself a cushy Washington job in Bush's administration by stopping the recounts and referring it to the Supreme Court. So it's been done before and Trump is about to stack the Supreme Court in his favour.)

He said there would not need to be any peaceful transferring of power because he would remain president - “a continuation”, he said.

There is also a plan if that doesn't work to have the Republican states declare the ballots wrong and just assign him the electoral votes needed.

Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2020 12:15:41 PM
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/trump-declines-to-commit-to-a-peaceful-transfer-of-power-92433989827

Donald John Trump on video - “Get rid of the ballots and there won't need to be a transfer of power. There will just be a continuation of power.”

“What they (Democrats) are doing with the ballots is a hoax”. The Supreme Court needs a ninth justice because it will decide who will be president. (And I'm stacking the SCOTUS in my favour.)

This cannot be misunderstood. This is exactly what he means and wants to do. He wants to stay without an election. He is so afraid of prison he wants to get rid of American democracy. I have been warning about his wanting that for a couple of years here on the Forum and always got and bet I still today get shot down by his supporters.

Well, here we are.

Choose. Trump or democracy.

500 National Security Leaders have chosen. They endorse Joe Biden.

Whatever you are doing now is what you can say you did for your country when it and democracy was in danger. Paraphrased from video.
Topic: Adam Schiff: Protect Democracy!
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 11:09:49 PM
Trump has indicated by his refusal to answer that he is planning to stay on even if he loses.

Now this: “The Trump campaign is discussing plans to ask state representatives to set aside the election results in their state and select Trump electors *even if Trump loses the vote in their state.*

That would be the death of American democracy. That is not an overstatement. It’s a fact.”

“The Atlantic’s Barton Gellman reports that the Trump campaign has been discussing “contingency plans to bypass the election results and appoint local electors in battleground states where Republicans hold the legislative majority.” Citing the president’s baseless claims of fraud, Team Trump could ask GOP-controlled state governments to choose electors, completely ignoring an unfavorable or uncertain popular vote, state and national Republican sources told Gellman.

“The state legislatures will say, ‘All right, we’ve been given this constitutional power,’” a Trump campaign legal adviser explained to the Atlantic. “‘We don’t think the results of our own state are accurate, so here’s our slate of electors that we think properly reflect the results of our state.’”

This should make Trump supporters on this Forum very happy. They will get their wish for 4, 8, 12 more years at which point they'll be dead and the young will be left with a dictatorship. Maybe that is what they actually want?
Topic: little donny lied about coronavirus threat
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 8:57:51 PM
So with the denial of Trump to the public in order to not panic the stock market ( which I hear is being propped up now by feds) months were lost and 4% of the world population has 20% of the deaths. But that cannot be changed. What the US needs to do now is get it under control and there is still no federal plan in place.

Biden would get a federal plan for the whole country to get it under control and with positive messages get Americans to pull together for their own good.

Trump put Kushner in charge of getting supplies - PPE - and he brought in a few inexperienced overwhelmed volunteers. What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/05/us/jared-kushner-fema-coronavirus.html