The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Profile: Hope123
About
User Name: Hope123
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests: Learning and Education, Art, Travel, Health, Swimming, Duplicate Bridge
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7,414
[0.86% of all post / 7.15 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Could It Really Happen That Way?
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 3:06:00 PM
Hi FyFardens.

I'm sure most men are with you. However, I'd never want to be a man either. Good job for both of us. 😀

My husband laughs now but he wasn't so happy when he experienced what many women get post menopausal - hot flashes. They gave him some injections for his aggressive prostate cancer before he got the radiation and they triggered hot flashes. He took a lot of kidding, but not from me.

Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Topic: Do You know About Harmful affects of Marijuana?(24)
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 12:24:07 PM
I just saw this topic again, FD.

I agree. The Obamacare compromise, a Republican concept to begin with, is very complicated and not ideal. But how many million more have healthcare now? I saw articles and videos not long ago of many people in the south with chronic diseases like diabetes who had no care before, who are Trump supporters still, but were petrified they were going to lose their Obamacare coverage that they love. Can I assume you have private coverage? That may change the outlook from those who had none.

CDN veterans not only have a special healthcare system specifically for them, but they can also access the universal plan.

Drago mentioned his general ideas towards healthcare. You were the one who brought US healthcare into the "smoking" discussion.
FounDit wrote: Yet, all those government agencies ( American Cancer Society, the CDC, Cancer Research UK, the NHS,) adopted the same generalizations of smoking and second-hand smoke in order to convince people to stop smoking. Why? -- to save money on healthcare, especially when they have to tax the whole population for it. Since Obama and Hillary wanted to establish just such a National Healthcare System here in the US, this was one of the behaviors that had to be modified as much as possible

I was explaining what it feels like to have coverage. Quite frankly, if it were not for the fact that I feel sorry for people caught up in the mess, (we have several right here on the forum) I could not care less for the ideology of what the US does in anything.

Nobody except me probably cares but Occupational Therapists in our healthcare system were at my brother's place the day after he got home from the hospital. They arranged for crutches, a wheelchair, a ramp, and bed and bathroom rails. There will be a van he can call to get him to the doctor on Friday. He will get free physiotherapy. It is cheaper to do these measures than to keep him in the hospital, although without his wife to care for him, he'd have had to have stayed. He is black and blue all over and in dreadful pain. He fell a year ago and broke five ribs. He's had open heart surgery. But he says this is the worst he's ever been so it must be bad. Since he's over 65, he won't need to use his private drug coverage for his pain meds. They say 4-6 months to recover. He's my baby brother so I hope he gets out of pain soon.

Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 11:58:16 AM
There were a lot of good men there too, Progpen. It is only a minority who have the wrong attitudes.

Romany, don't be misled by all the antics. He's getting the Repub playbook done for them. Ask FD. Undoing everything Obama did. And he is affecting a lot of foreign policy too.

Progpen's point is well taken. If Repub numbers are to be lowered in 2018 and 2020, the opposition had better get busy. I just hope that underlying misogyny does not defeat the women running. Trump would probably be elected again today using the same electoral system.

Also, the US has shut down their government three times since 1995. Eric Trump selfishly thinks it's good - not for the country - but so people will see how his father is being unfairly impeded with his wonderful policies and blame the Dems, when Schumer explained exactly why negotiations with the WH always fall apart these days.

Miitary spending more than asked for, funding for a wall, and other concessions were not enough for the Repubs to give amnesty to non criminal Dreamers brought as children years ago to the US. What more did they want? The Dems to roll over and expose their bellies?

Well, the title says Goldberg, so yes, that is Whoopi, Almo. I had not heard about her medical marijuana for women venture. You left no comment as to why that might be important here so I'll give mine. Good for her. CBN and THC drops can be very good to quell pain. Men should have to have a period at least once in their lives. It does not mean everyone will be going around smoking or vaping.

Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 12:04:14 AM
Women at the head of the table is what is needed.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/01/21/womens-marches-highlights-orig-acl.cnn

I particularly liked the sign carried by one woman: Grab them by the midterms!

Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2018 2:31:16 PM
Progpen, I was wondering what would happen if the order were given while the government is shut down and if that is any worse than when it isn't these days. What exactly gets shut down besides real non essentials?

We watched Schumer live this morning. He said he and Trump have agreed several times and then a couple of hours later the goal post is moved after the extreme right get to the president.

The Democrats offered full or even more funding for the military than what was asked for, other points were addressed and agreed upon, and Trump agreed on DACA and the Children's healthcare when Schumer reluctantly put funding for the wall on the table. It seemed that they had an agreement until Trump called him back a couple hours later with more demands that the extreme right demanded knowing they were deal breakers for the Democrats. How is it that Trump is afraid of the extreme right?

Trump is not a negotiator nor a leader when he did not push his party to accept that deal. It was exactly what Trump asked for last week - the wall for DACA. Plus complete funding for the military. Schumer said that he and Trump are both forthright, he does not have the animus that many have for Trump, and they can do bipartisan deals, but this changing the agreements has been going on for some time - like trying to negotiate with jello. What are the GOP doing anyhow? Why would they even need Trump to push them that this was a good deal?

What a sorry and scary mess, not only for Americans.

Topic: any cross dressers in new port richey fl
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:21:48 PM
"Seasoned". A good word. Love it FD. Applause

Topic: Data on Canadian Immigrants in a Merit Based System
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 11:20:27 AM
Admins, this thread has evolved into a discussion of Politcs so if you so desire, please change the sub forum for me. Thanks.

Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 11:15:09 AM
Fyfardens wrote:
Nearly 40% of Americans approve of Trump's presidency.
Nearly 40% of Americans believe that God created all life in the last ten thousand years.
It would not surprise me to learn that 40% of Americans believe that if Trump ordered a nuclear attack on North Korea (or Iran, or Hati or some other s***hole state) the world would be a better place - and no Americans would suffer.

Fyfardens, I think it was Twitter where I read a whole thread about nuclear war being good as it would kill off Democrats. Brick wall

After watching a video of some Americans discussing the logistics of seeing Trump's Twitter war with Martin Luther King on Martin Luther King Day, that thread I mentioned did not surprise me.

Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:56:13 PM
Stick it in your ear, Almo. I have never used that word in my life, although all it means is a detestable fellow unless you have a dirty mind.

Stop stalking Romany and me again as you did when you got banned for that as Almostfreebird. I'm going to start keeping track and report you again if the harassment doesn't stop.

Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 3:20:56 PM
Thanks, Romany. Good to hear that.

Also, thanks for expanding my "downgraded" comment re Norway.

Over 2000 lies now. But lies, political fancy-footing and games, moral issues, accusations of racism, an immigration policy that yesterday removed a man (from his wife and children) who was brought to the US as a ten-year old and has paid taxes and tried to become a citizen for thirty years, misogyny and accusations of sexual assault, the question of collusion with Russia, the huge foreign policy gaffs, the governing-via-Tweets activities, testing the lack of judgment which is not the same as aceing and boasting about a cognitive test meant to show advanced dementia, or the sheer political and general Ignorance of a president are not what will ultimately "take him down". Any one of those would have stopped most presidents.

No, it would be money laundering. Decades of it that smarter people than me have been saying all along to watch for. They point to the fact that he does not release his tax returns and what Mueller seems to be uncovering.

IF this is true and he hadn't run for president, nobody would be the wiser. Maybe he had to run - Putin has been suggested...and he and Melania didn't think he'd win.

We'll just have to wait for Mueller so we can know whether or not all these accusations are true.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.