Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10,031
[0.98% of all post / 4.62 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Cultural Oxymoron
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 1:14:29 PM
towan52 wrote:
Thanks Hope, I trust that your post will be available to our fine British members (and Icelanders)
I thought that GDRP meant "G**D*m rightwing politicians"Whistle
Hi Drago - if you're still not able to see it, PM me an email address (if you wish), I'll try a different format.

Towan, they should be able to see it if they've been able to see my other photos because it is from the same website as all my other photos. However, they do delete my pix after a month so I use it exclusively for the Forum. It's easy to navigate (crucial for me 😀) and it is free.
:::
Just my opinion about this particular thread and the admins decision to cancel the Politics sub forum with the admonition to refrain from inserting Politics into other sub forums.

This cartoon is about fear of Others and how some react. It was not political until it was made so by this statement (and further similar posts):

"But the mistake being made is to assume the cartoon represents reality. It does not. It's a false narrative of the political Left."

That statement with the word ’political' right in it is in direct contravention of the recent rules of TFD admin by a poster who must thus feel he is above the rules.

I seem to have missed something about "Elegant Badinage" and gay.

::::

Although I will defend free speech to the end as it is the basis of democracy, I do not blame admins of a private company for just getting rid of the headaches associated with policing a political sub forum. Even after a conspiracy theory lie repeated over and over again with absolutely no proof whatsoever led to an insurrection and failed coup, a video was still posted (after the riot and violence that caused at least 5 deaths) on the Politics sub forum of TFD of General Flynn spewing the same lie. That post may well have been the catalyst for the admin decision, as at the same time other posters were musing about closing the Politics sub forum. I think it was probably a good choice for admins as the vitriol is evident in this thread when it did not need to be until Politcis was introduced.

Even Twitter at first tried to regulate lies saying they were disinformation, and in the end, after giving him several chances, had to permanently cancel you know who's Twitter account because he too thought he was above the rules.

However, admins now have to police whether or not political comments are inserted into other sub forums. Right now they seem to be all coming from one poster flogging a dead horse.

Y111, in spite of my earlier comment about us not interacting, I do wish to say I like your "augmented reality" reference as it applies quite nicely here.

Topic: Covid19 is worse with zinc deficiency
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 11:11:20 AM
Hi Oscar.

Zinc, and Vitamin D are the two nutrients mainstream medicine have mentioned that Covid patients were often low in.

I bet there are other nutrients people are deficient in. These nutrients might boost their immune systems and help them to be more able to cope with any infections.

Topic: Cultural Oxymoron
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 11:00:32 AM
Topic: South Africa halts AstraZeneca vaccinations
Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2021 9:50:36 AM
Oscar, the scientific viewpoint is that even if the vaccine is not effective against certain variants, giving the vaccine available now will prevent more cases that allow other variants to emerge. Booster shots effective against the new variant are being developed.

There is so much scientists are learning about this new threat to humanity and we are lucky all the research in the past decades allowed the new types of vaccines to be developed within a year. They still do not have effective vaccines for HIV or malaria after all the years they've tried.
Topic: Health in the USA: under examination and under repair - The Lancet
Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2021 9:46:52 AM
Health in the USA 2021

It is to be hoped the American Dept of Health and Human Services (plus leaders) reads this comprehensive "Lancet" medical journal study and makes recommended changes so that the 17% "Missing Americans" (definition and charts at the end) in comparison to certain other countries is removed.

I just skimmed through this article to the end but if I were American I would be interested to read this whole examination of healthcare in the US and demand better of my lawmakers. It is hoped that better healthcare would also help to ease the unrest in the country.

The neighbours of the US, and indeed the world, are hoping for the best for the US.
Topic: Association with no common consonants
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 11:22:48 AM
biased
Topic: ASSOCIATION & COMMOM LETTERS
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 11:18:49 AM
algebra
Topic: A and Q
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 11:15:13 AM
Why does she think opposites attract?

The coffee machine splatters coffee when pods are used.
Topic: Change Two Letters game
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 11:12:16 AM
yards
Topic: song title association
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 11:09:52 AM
Sunny - Boney M