Interests: Learning English Language
Home Page http://www.akjoshiadvocate.com
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,392
[0.16% of all post / 2.04 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: much of a sense of humour, much sense of humour
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 12:24:39 PM
'we can skip the article in search of brevity'.

Such rules as 'we can', confuse a non-native speaker.

Do you agree, Ma'm Hope123?

Me Gathering Pebbles at The Seashore.-Aj
Topic: North Korea nuclear summit – cartoon
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 1:27:02 PM
The red and white barber pole in ancient (not so ancient) time indicate that minor (or perhaps major) surgeries are done here.
In India also some barbers used to do minor surgeries. Those were called 'Zarrahs'in Urdu and surprisingly those were successful.

Topic: Trump and Korea
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:57:02 PM
They greet each other warmly before the cameras and then head to a separate room. The US president says the two men are going to have a 'terrific relationship' and that the summit will be 'tremendously successful'

What does the term 'terrific relationship' in a separate room mean here?

Who was the winner, will tell you in an hour or so.

Topic: Write/Trace on the line.
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:23:32 PM
Trace the line properly, is perfect.

Topic: Letter
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:08:33 PM
Not disagreeing with DargO sir , but for clarification and in my opinion, in the last line the word 'employ' should be replaced with 're-employ' and alleged should be replaced with 'convicted'

However, our company's policy is to not re-employ persons convicted of crime, so we regret to inform you that your employment with us is terminated with immediate effect.

Alleged is redundant. He has been convicted as per the statement.

'Alleged' means not confirmed. It is yet an allegation. When the accused has not been convicted yet he is called the accused, when found guilty and sentenced , he is a convict.

Topic: He is very meticulous about paying his debts.
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:38:43 PM
He is regular in repayment of his debts. or

He regularly repays his debts.

Topic: Is the colon next to 'from' needed?
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:34:33 PM
What are the implications of the principle of Ichinen Sanzen?

- Destiny is not fixed: The concept of IchinenSanzen is derived from the Lotus Sutra, which differs from pre-Lotus teachings in regard to attainment of Buddhahood (and to overcoming one’s karmic obstacles). Based on the Lotus Sutra, Nichiren Buddhism teaches that one’s future is not dictated by past karma, but by one’s current actions (or life-essence) at each moment.

Our present life-essence (ichinen), intention or determination - directs our life to create a relevant scenario of future events. Any situation we experience at present has an impact on the future. The future we are inspired to create starts from our determined actions at each moment - based on the Mystic Law.

- Buddhahood is a reality: According to the principle of IchinenSanzen, life at each moment contains - not only the lower states of suffering - but Buddhahood as well , as a potential. The teaching of the “Ten Factors of Life” (mentioned in the Hoben chapter of the Lotus Sutra) implies that there is no physical or mental barrier preventing ordinary people from attaining Buddhahood. Additionally, the Mutual Possession of the Ten Worlds, (Juryo Chapter) teaches that in any state of life, Buddhahood exists as a potential (or dormant state) awaiting manifestation. These teachings are the essence of Ichinen Sanzen - which teaches that not only the lower states of hardships and sufferings exist, but also the higher states of life including Buddhahood, and that all these states of life have the same right to exist and manifest at any moment of time.

- Interconnectedness of Individual, Society and Environment: Buddhism distinguishes three realms of existence of life; the Individual, society and the environment. What is valid for the individual (experiencing the Ten Worlds in own life) is also valid for a “group of individuals” – or society, as well as for the environment - without which people do not exist.

IchinenSanzen teaches the inseparability of these three realms: oneself - as an individual - society to which one belongs, and the environment sustaining all life.

The interconnectedness of these three realms implies that: an inner change in the life of an individual can trigger a change in the lives of others and can affect the surrounding environment.

- Ichinen Sanzen is the Ultimate Truth:

At this moment of time (ichinen), there are uncountable events taking place in people’s lives, expressing the Ten Worlds. One’s life is inseparable from the life of all living beings and environment, although one’s life may be different from others but all lives exist at the same time in this one moment. The sum of all lives at this moment of time is the cosmic life, the ultimate truth.

This observation indicates that there is no separation of one’s own life from the ultimate truth (which is the cosmic life itself). It basically teaches that one’s life - and all life of the universe are one existence.

- The Gohonzon (the Life of Buddha) expresses Ichinen Sanzen:

The central purpose of the doctrine of Ichinen Sanzen is to declare that Buddhahood is an “inherent state” within the reality of all life. Despite the infinite diversity of all life events and situations, it is possible to view them through the criterion of the Ten Worlds, with the possibility for their transformation to the state of Buddhahood.

Nichiren encoded his life state of Buddhahood in a manada Gohonzon, which includes the life of individual, and also powers of protection of society and the environment. The Life of Buddhahood then encompasses all reality: being the interconnectedness of the Ten Worlds in the life of individuals, living beings and the environment.

At each moment (Ichinen) all diverse events in reality (Sanzen) exists at the same time manifesting their highest state of existence only in the life of Buddha, which is encoded in form of the Gohoznon.

Author: Safwan Zabalawi (Darshams)

Yes, it should be in capitals.

Topic: What does this sentence mean?
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:37:45 PM
I agree with NKM.

Topic: sense your personality
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:33:18 PM
robjen, DragOnspeaker is right. But I will write it as follows.

Certain (a few) people are excellent at sensing the personalities.

'Good' is a simple word. Your point is philosophical. So good is should be replaced with some better word.

Topic: cardiac arrest
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 11:23:04 AM
taurine, Are you a vet expert? Cardiac arrest attacks happen for a variety of reasons. Pray Pray

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.