Statistics
Number of Posts: 11,081
[1.11% of all post / 5.56 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Dunmow Flitch Trial
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:45:43 AM
Who owns the Flitch of Bacon?

Tim Allen

A Michelin star restaurant in Little Dunmow will reopen this month, after electricity problems forced the celebrated eatery to close in March this year. Tim Allen is co-owner and operator at Tim Allen's Flitch of Bacon.
Topic: Friendships begin with liking or gratitude — roots that can be pulled up.
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:43:45 AM
Whether happiness may come or not, one should try and prepare one's self to do without it.

- George Eliot
Topic: John Quincy Adams (1767)
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:40:44 AM
All men profess honesty as long as they can. To believe all men honest would be folly. To believe none so is something worse.

- John Quincy Adams
Topic: Skylab Returns to Earth (1979)
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:37:41 AM
What happened to Skylab?

Skylab was the first United States space station, launched by NASA, occupied for about 24 weeks between May 1973 and February 1974. ... Unable to be re-boosted by the Space Shuttle, which was not ready until the early 1980s, Skylab's orbit decayed and it burned up in the atmosphere on July 11, 1979, over the Indian Ocean.
Topic: Yuan Chonghuan
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:30:42 AM
"A life's work always ends up in vain; half of my career seems to be in dreams. I do not worry about lacking brave warriors after my death, for my loyal spirit will continue to guard Liaodong."

Topic: interject
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:28:10 AM
My personal feeling, if I can interject a political note, is that I don't think it is right that basic health care is a privilege. It shouldn't be. It should be a right of all human beings. And certainly in the richest country in the world.

Bryan Cranston
Topic: The Coordinating Conjunction "For"
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 2:16:33 AM
What is the difference between a coordinating conjunction and a subordinating conjunction?

The conjunctions used to join independent clauses in compound sentences are coordinating conjunctions. ... They can stand alone as complete sentences. A subordinating conjunction, on the other hand, has two functions: it joins, and it shows a relationship between the clauses that it joins.
Topic: home, James (, and don't spare the horses)
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 3:06:41 AM
ok
Topic: Laguna Beach Festival of Arts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 3:03:36 AM
nice
Topic: The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling.
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 3:01:03 AM
“Love, n. A temporary insanity curable by marriage.”

Ambrose Bierce