Profile: Ash_Lingua
About
User Name: Ash_Lingua
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 71
[0.01% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The disadvantage of plastic pet bowls ..... (proofreading)
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2021 1:39:04 PM
As a marketing writer, I would suggest you try re-writing your ad emphasizing the advantages of ceramic bowls rather than the disadvantages of plastic bowls. For example:
Feed Me! bowls are good solid ceramic, so your fastidious cat can indulge without any upsetting spills. Feed Me! bowls are glazed to a strong, smooth surface, won't scratch, are easy to clean and will come out smelling like new every time.
Etc.
Good luck with your sales!
Topic: Proofreading
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2021 1:02:43 AM
I know nothing about Chinese law. In most western countries, you would also have to include other contigency sections, for example, a section on how disputes are resolved. What if Party B is not satisfied, but Party A disagrees, and vice-versa? What if the contract ends early through no fault of Party A?

I found some sample templates that might give you some ideas - https://study.com/academy/lesson/teacher-contract-sample-template.html

There are lots of other templates on the web.
I hope this is helpful
Topic: What are your favorite inventions?
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2021 5:10:30 AM
Accept all of yours except instant noodles.
Plus:
1) washing machines
2) eye glasses
3) vaccines
4) printing press
5) WWW, personal computers/mobile phones and what they enabled - ie, enormous access to communication and information
Topic: Brexit solution?
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2019 10:34:00 AM
I believe May's fundamental error was spending two years in long, complicated, intricate negotiation with the EU to arrive at a deal WITHOUT bringing Parliament in at every juncture. If she had done so, the deal would have been approved and agreed in whatever form it took. As it stands, she only brought the done deal to Parliament and then asked them to vote AGAINST it, and to force her to go back to Brussels to renegotiate when the EU has made completely clear they are unwilling to do so; especially given that Britain is making no alternative proposal regarding Ireland, and never has, not once.

May is choosing unity of the Tory party over the best interests of the British people, in making the likelihood of a no-deal crash out of the EU more and more likely. This will lead to chaos and economic damage which the Tories will blame on Europe and on Ireland in particular. We are already being made the scapegoat for their folly. The current levels of appalling poverty and lack of public service resulting from 10 years of a brutal Tory austerity campaign (which has gutted the national health service, education, transportation, public housing, policing, and local authority services) will be compounded, but the blame laid as always at someone else's door.
Topic: Brexit solution?
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:01:17 PM
While that may or may not be the obvious solution, remember that May is held hostage by the 10 DUP members with whom she shares power in a coalition government.

The DUP is a die-hard Unionist political party hell-bent on preventing any solution which sets Northern Ireland apart from the rest of Britain, in order to maintain their own political base at home. For that reason, they reject any solution that might put the border in the sea between Northern Ireland and the rest of Britain.

They would rather a return to the hard border between North and South and the real possibility of a return to the Troubles after 20 years of peace and peaceful co-existence between the British province of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland in the South.

I live 40 kilometers from the border. We come and go freely. People from the North work here and people from here work in the North. We work, play, and socialize together. No one here wants the hard border back. No one I know in the North wants that either. Except, of course, those 10 old men in the DUP and the enclave they purport to represent.
Topic: My TIDBIT of the day
Posted: Thursday, June 8, 2017 5:24:16 PM
In Ireland the general vernacular for women of 'a certain age' seems to be Missus, whether there is any particular indication of your marital status.

I have never felt nor seen any offense taken or meant.
Topic: Dad, I was wrong. Please forgive me, never again.
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:10:21 PM
bihunsedap wrote:
He hit me many times.
I not letting him to drink milk unless he confess he was wrong.

I asked him to say, "Dad, I was wrong. Please forgive me, never again."

Does it sound natural?

===================

Try this as well:

I would not let him drink milk until he confessed that he was wrong.

Topic: Let The Death Die.
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:31:53 PM

I am so sorry for your great loss.

Yet as you show, they live still in you and in your love for them, and through you, they give their love still to the world.
Topic: Woenderful Flight
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 2:56:57 PM
Thanks, Ash,

I haven't heard that poem in a long time and it always makes me glad.
Topic: Robert Steele: CIA Director John Brennan plotted this false flag attacK with Senator John McCain
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 11:52:20 AM
Hi, Yarin,

One of the first communal understandings that arose in the early days of email and the 'net was that using all-caps is SHOUTING!!. Use them only if it your intention to shout. If you are quoting someone else, make it clear that they are doing the shouting, not you.

Just a friendly update.