Profile: elle16
About
User Name: elle16
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 21
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"
Posted: Friday, December 5, 2014 10:59:35 PM
These intellects always say things and one may be in awe, but in reality they use their own words and quote from the book that has been in most circulation, the Bible.
Topic: Worst Industrial Disaster in History (1984)
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 5:20:14 PM
I'm sure all of us have noticed by now, that everything man touches brings about pain and terrible consequences for all.
Topic: Our doubts are traitors And make us lose the good we oft might win By fearing to attempt.
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 5:11:08 PM
Old English and the significance is still very much modern today.
Topic: A pure hand needs no glove to cover it.
Posted: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 11:05:00 PM
If you're not a deceptive and dishonest person, anything you do will show how genuine you are, it has nothing to do with climate or wearing gloves and I think all of you know this. However, being that his ideology was one where he didn't believe in God and supported a genocidal maniac such as Hitler, his sentence is warped.
Topic: Rosa Parks Refuses to Give Up Her Seat (1955)
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2014 7:06:20 PM
People will do anything to deprive another human being of the same things they hold. The inhumanity of society has gotten out of control; all you have to do is look around you and see how injustice persists and it almost seems that those with much, continue to push down those with little.

This woman had had it and she wasn't giving up her seat. I think all of us need to step back and take a good look at our own actions. Will we allow something that we know isn't right, or are we the culprits of actions taken towards others that shouldn't be?
Topic: of my own free will
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2014 6:49:27 PM
It's of my own free own... and added to that, free will is conditional. Huh? Yes, it's conditional.
Topic: Sujata Bhat, Ahmedabad, India
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 1:47:01 PM
Cow dung is excrement. Are you serious?
Topic: Got a few questions from an article, hope someone can help
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 1:34:19 PM
A child will imitate your behavior be it good or bad (that's why you have to be very careful how you behave) you can always ignore a child if he/she puts up a fight letting him/her know that what you say is law; you can't do that with an adult, they will throw it in your face if they see something isn't right and will choose to continue being friends or cut you off completely.

The article said, Religious associations began, for example, in the desire to secure the favor of overruling powers and to ward off evil influences;

I would have to disagree with that. Maybe some have that mindset but.... overruling powers and ward off evil influences? NO. I thought it was with the sole purpose of worshipping God.
Topic: Guide Dogs
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 6:26:20 PM
Dogs have a special place in our heart. You scold them, they wag their tail and keep coming back, you tell your child not to do something, you won't hear the end of it with tantrums, you had a misunderstanding with your friend, they will eternally hold a grudge, and when it comes to your mate, run if you forgot to do what they asked.
Topic: We are not concerned with the very poor. They are unthinkable, and only to be approached by the statistician or the poet.
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 6:12:40 PM
To be such an intellect he should've known that even though you may be wealthy you can't escape old age, sickness and death, just like the poor. How sad to see his wisdom go to waste.