Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,243
[0.12% of all post / 0.51 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Beach handball athletes fined for not selling sex
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2021 2:47:10 AM
FounDit wrote:
Lotje1000 wrote:

I won't pretend I've read the whole thing you linked to because I already gave up after the quoted paragraphs. It smacks of a keenness to dodge all responsibility by claiming 'biology made me do it'.

There's biological impulses and then there's learned behaviour. Claiming that objectification of women is not a product of society is extremely short-sighted. Objectifying women is misogynistic, because you're people with impulses and impulse control. There are enough men and women out there who find other people attractive and still don't make those thoughts and impulses someone else's problem. The 'single greatest proof' is that if a gay man sexually objectifies another man, it's also a problem.

Another quote from the article you didn't read which, I think, clearly explains your viewpoint. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion:

But regarding male sexual nature, unless girls and women are taught about male sexual nature — and few are, especially in our time — there is no way they can understand male sexual nature. It may be the one area of life wherein men are more capable of understanding women.

The second reason is modern feminism — and leftist doctrine in general. Each has contributed to an unprecedented female ignorance — denial, actually — of male sexuality. And that is the result of a basic impulse of feminists and leftists: the denial of truths that make them uncomfortable.

Yes, thank you! That's another great example of how the article dodges responsibility and remains short-sighted. Because I didn't read the article, I didn't realize it was politically stunted, too, but I appreciate you pointing out.
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 2:35:07 AM
FounDit wrote:
There are several issues co-mingled in this topic: the Olympic sport of beach volleyball, profits, and male sexual nature. On the issue of "control", that is just a means to an end, which I believe is profit, rather than simply deciding and "controlling" what the players may wear.

Just FYI, the OP was about handball, not volleyball - as Thar pointed out.

FounDit wrote:
The sport is beach volleyball, which in itself conjures up the mental images of people wearing bathing apparel and playing volleyball. If some of those players are female, then males will likely prefer to envision fit young women in bikinis. That is just the nature of the male. And while males may also play the game, they will not have the same effect on female viewers as females will on male viewers. That is simply a fact.

Stating it is a fact hardly makes it so. Your opinion on the effect women have on men is very short sighted with regards to pretty much all genders, now that I think of it. Men certainly have an effect on women. Men have an effect on other men, women on other women and I'm sure more combinations besides.

Additionally, it's rather insulting to men that they would be so bound by the 'nature of men' that they are incapable of not reducing an entire group of people to anything other than physical parts. And, in fact, that they value it so highly they will actively promote and enforce a system that continues to reduce women to those parts.

FounDit wrote:
One of the best articles I've come across on that topic is one written by Dennis Prager on Male Sexual Nature. This is a short piece from it.

Quote:
[color=black]"Largely because of the power of the visual, men sexually objectify women. This means that men’s initial reaction to a woman’s body is to see it as a sex object. Women’s breasts, thighs, legs, and buttocks arouse men — even without seeing the women’s faces. For other men, it can be women’s feet. There are websites dedicated to pictures of women’s feet, armpits, legs, crossed legs, thighs, buttocks, and breasts. There are no commensurate websites for women to stare at men’s thighs or crossed legs, let alone men’s feet or armpits.

All of which means that sexual objectification of women is natural to men. It is not the product of a patriarchal, Playboy-influenced, sexist, or misogynist society.

Nor does it mean that objectification is “misogynistic.” If heterosexual men are woman-haters because they sexually objectify women, then gay men are man-haters because they sexually objectify men. It is repeatedly said — primarily by the college-educated — that the male sexual objectification of women is an expression of misogyny. This is nonsense. The single greatest proof is that gay men sexually objectify men. If heterosexual men are woman-haters because they sexually objectify women, then gay men are man-haters because they sexually objectify men."

I won't pretend I've read the whole thing you linked to because I already gave up after the quoted paragraphs. It smacks of a keenness to dodge all responsibility by claiming 'biology made me do it'.

There's biological impulses and then there's learned behaviour. Claiming that objectification of women is not a product of society is extremely short-sighted. Objectifying women is misogynistic, because you're people with impulses and impulse control. There are enough men and women out there who find other people attractive and still don't make those thoughts and impulses someone else's problem. The 'single greatest proof' is that if a gay man sexually objectifies another man, it's also a problem.
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 3:33:53 AM
Hope123 wrote:
d'oh!
Lotje1000 wrote:
Oh sorry, I should have said reasonable reasons.

Applause Applause Applause

Right! There are no reasonable reasons why women should be forced to be objectified in order to enter official games. Money should not be the bottom line. (Pun not really intended. Angel )

Eww. I thought about saying men should be made to do the same and then the awful picture of men jumping around in Speedos won't go away.

Equal rights, Hope - men should be allowed to wear what they want, too. Be that shorts or skirts while it's warm, or speedos in places where speedos are appropriate!
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 8:45:25 AM
Oh sorry, I should have said reasonable reasons.
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 7:59:29 AM
Thanks for posting about it. I'd heard about the handball issue but the gymnastics one is new to me. And all so very very bizarre.

It reminds me of how, back in high school PE class, all girls in my school were forced to wear tight shorts instead of the regular loose shorts like the boys. It'll forever be a mystery why there are so many gender-based clothing regulations for no obvious reason.
Topic: Former Pfizer VP dismisses ‘asymptomatic transmission’ and CCP Virus ‘variants’ as lies
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 2:18:57 AM
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

And, "Michael Yeadon has been censored in the mainstream media for openly sharing his view that Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Virus pandemic rhetoric is a pile of pseudoscientific garbage."

Your thebl-tv is publishing pseudonews. And when I say it out loud must make me a communist henchman and part of the global conspiracy.

Additionally, FounDit and his 'source' are perpetuating racist language.
Topic: Eruption expected soon
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2021 8:33:31 AM
thar wrote:
Yes.
Delia Smith said "simmer". You left it too long and now it has boiled over and gone all over the floor. Well I am not cleaning it up!

wait for this one to the end of the video

https://youtu.be/OH1g-ilwvaw

You thought I was dying out? Just climb me and see. Go on.....

Those night-time videos like the first one are absolutely gorgeous. However, why anyone would want to get that close to active lava, like in the second video, is beyond me...
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2021 4:12:06 AM
I am not used to seeing lava roiling like the sea!
Posted: Sunday, July 4, 2021 4:22:20 AM
"To see what is coming to life on the peninsula, is like going to the Louvre museum in France and finding the Mona Lisa working in the ticket office."

The only thing better than learning about volcanos and earthquakes, is to have people like him explain it. I love it
Posted: Friday, July 2, 2021 2:35:38 AM
This stuff remains strangely fascinating. Like staring into a bonfire - a big, dangerous bonfire.