Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 872
[0.10% of all post / 0.80 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Las Vegas
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:06:00 AM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:

WHY do you keep posting totally non-sequitur links to other non-related topics?
Are you totally unable to connect one thought to a related one?

It looks like Almo has a personal vendetta against Romany, perhaps because he dislikes the colour of her hair and other aspects of her appearance?
Otherwise, I'm sure, he would have complained earlier about other "propagandic catchphrases" such as when another "GO TRUMP!" message gets posted without further explanation. Perhaps he doesn't dislike those because they're so similar to his own non-sequiturs?
Topic: California is a confused state which harms the rest of America.
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 4:37:11 AM
Hello mic abolne, welcome to the forum!

You've raised a difficult but interesting subject. I agree with you that people committing crimes should not be rewarded for their actions. At the same time, I believe the issue of illegal immigration is complex enough it cannot be solved without looking at the people and their context. Please note that I am not trying to justify the actions of people who illegally cross the border.

From what I can see, part of the motivation for sanctuary cities is to maintain the human and humane aspect of this issue. I believe most people do not illegally cross borders with further illegal intent. They cross with the intent of finding opportunities they were otherwise not given. They wouldn't go through with the trouble of the crime (and its possible ramifications) if they did not have pressing motivations for it, like trouble in their home country and a bogged down immigration system. This does not justify their actions, this does not mean they should be left alone, but it does mean that they are more than that one action they took.

I feel like sanctuary cities offer a haven of peace in an administration that (especially these days) oozes hostility towards people not like them. I believe it is a reaction to a mechanical, disinterested strategy that looks at illegal immigrants as a problem to be solved, rather than an issue involving people with their own motivations. I don't think sanctuary cities are the solution, but I think they are a valuable temporary measure while the broader issue of illegal immigration and the immigration system are looked at.

It is very easy for people to be labeled and dismissed as only criminals and their motivations as "not my problem". But it is your problem, because they keep coming into your country. I think sanctuary cities can help us search for productive solutions that look further than just kicking them out and building a wall.

I'd like to add that this is an outsider's perspective. I don't have in-depth knowledge of your laws and situation. I'm just looking to offer my perspective and discuss a tough issue.
Topic: Happy birthday
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:35:43 AM
TheParser wrote:
I was referring to foreigners who tell me how I should conduct my personal life.

I have a responsibility to myself to do what I think is the wisest course.

No foreigner should be telling me what I should do or not do.

Then kindly also stop telling people they should "know their place".
Topic: What we lost today
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:54:48 AM
tunaafi wrote:
philips daughter wrote:
I will try to contain my rage and take a break from all the news

Please don't. Nothing would serve the interests of Trump and the vested interests that support him than for people not to expose, and express anger at, the world-threatening words and actions of the current President of the USA..

I agree with Tunaafi that it is important to remain aware of what is happening and to respond when necessary. At the same time, I think it is important to maintain one's mental health as Trump-related news has a way of sparking relentless waves of outrage and frustration.

If possible, I would suggest remaining aware of the news and channeling any rage and frustration in a productive manner, such as discussing events on here. That way you (hopefully) won't get overwhelmed and can find some like-minded views that can comfort you in the face of a seemingly very bleak outlook. Or non-like-minded views that still spark interesting discussion.
Topic: Worth of reading
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:49:59 AM
Wilmar (USA) wrote:
Go Pres. TRUMP!

We're still with you!
Don't be distracted by the sore losers, or those who don't what's important!

Wellington: There's only one way to win a campaign: shout, shout and shout again.
Blackadder: You don't think that inspired leadership and tactical ability have anything to do with it?
Wellington: NO! It's all down to shouting! WAAAGHH!
Topic: Add Your Words to the List of "Words to Retire - 2017"
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 8:00:09 AM
These days, woke is often used as an adjective as in "I am woke". Then it means that a person has gained an awareness of the world and society. I've mainly seen it used in a sort of superior, condescending way.
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 2:33:02 AM
That's already been responded to, Almo. No need to bump it.
Topic: Explosion on London Train!
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 3:15:00 AM
*** '(IL)LIBERAL TRIGGER WARNING ***

Couldn't pass on the opportunity to smear an opponent, could you, TheParser? You'd think that after your eight decades on this planet, you'd know some manners or at least some restraint. You harp on about Romany's regular 'raging' fits, but here you are, like clockwork. Goes to show you don't need female hormones to have a cycle.

Perhaps next time you can keep your chatty responses to a PM where they belong instead of using them as an excuse to publicly talk shit about Romany.
Unless, of course, your alleged silent majority of friends would do us the honour of posting on here, too? Then we wouldn't be stuck with only one toxic side of this interesting conversation. I'm sure they'd have interesting things to say.

Or maybe they're silent because they know if they disagreed with you even slightly, they'd have to endure your "fair-minded" posts.

Know your place, TheParser: Stop chatting, start discussing and stop harassing people.
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2017 12:50:39 PM
Харбин Хэйлунцзян 1 wrote:
I've been waiting all day but it looks like only Russia knows it.

It's world news, I imagine. It's been on every bit of news media over here as well.

Not sure what you've been waiting for?
Topic: Explosion on London Train!
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2017 9:48:24 AM
Not quite an opinion, more like a fact.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.