Profile: Mv Log
About
User Name: Mv Log
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 20
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The passions may rage furiously, like true heathens, as they are; and the desires may imagine all sorts of vain things: but...
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 10:55:25 AM
déjà vu?
Topic: Too much mercy...often resulted in further crimes which were fatal to innocent victims who need not have been victims if...
Posted: Saturday, May 9, 2015 3:43:02 AM
There is no mercy in the computer data processing & storage age. All you've done is remembered forever and affects you.
Topic: True enthusiasm is a fine feeling whose flash I admire where-ever I see it.
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 11:11:13 AM
Is it impossible to kill with an enthusiasm? St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre for example?
Topic: It was not that she was out of temper, but that the world was not equal to the demands of her fine organism.
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2015 5:15:36 AM
Sarcasm intended?
Topic: Reason sits firm and holds the reins, and she will not let the feelings burst away and hurry her to wild chasms. The passions...
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2015 2:42:00 AM
Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office than to serve and obey them.
David Hume
Topic: There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like about their religion, but if it does not teach...
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:48:55 AM
Love...it's all right with it, until it begets its younger sister - jealousy.
Topic: A note from Admin about the new site design
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2015 12:45:38 AM
nnorlen wrote:
What browser and version are you using? Please try clearing your browser cache and logging back in. If it still isn't working properly, please let me know what happens when you try to access the first page/use chronological sorting.

Mozilla Firefox. Cache cleaning fixed the problem. Thank you a lot.
Topic: A note from Admin about the new site design
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:00:01 AM
MY BOOKMARKS do not work properly. Can't access the 1st page of my bookmarks and chronological ordering does not work at all.Brick wall
Topic: Dragging out life to the last possible second isn't living to the best effect. The nearer the bone, the sweeter the meat. The...
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2014 11:21:14 AM
Only pain conquers death, being the worst of all.
"In the face of pain there are no heroes" George Orwell, 1984.
Pain is negative, death is just zero. Returning to H. G. Wells - not the smartest guy, frankly speaking, - until a sum of sweet moments outweighs a sum of sufferings, life lasts. Otherwise, it doesn't.
Topic: Democracy ... arises out of the notion that those who are equal in any respect are equal in all respects; because men are...
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 12:14:45 PM
Let's not forget, what kind of "equality" Aristotle meant:
"The courage of man is shown in commanding, of a woman in obeying" (Politics, 1259b. 1, 1260a. 24)
"more mischievous, less simple, more impulsive ... more compassionate[,] ... more easily moved to tears[,] ... more jealous, more querulous, more apt to scold and to strike[,] ... more prone to despondency and less hopeful[,] ... more void of shame or self-respect, more false of speech, more deceptive, of more retentive memory [and] ... also more wakeful; more shrinking [and] more difficult to rouse to action" (History of Animals, 608b. 1-14)