Profile: Peer
About
User Name: Peer
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Tanganyika and Zanzibar Merge to Form Tanzania (1964)
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 2:32:14 AM
Really... so you go with "Tanganyika and Zanzibar" on this day..?!
This day, April 26 marks the 30th anniversary of the catastrophic explosion at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant -- the most firggin' scariest disaster that has ever happened to our planet -- EVER.

-- peer

Topic: Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme Is Assassinated (1986)
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2016 3:01:18 AM
I was there -- catching the very same subway train that Lisbet and Olof were aiming for -- I was just getting back from the "Falafel Kungen". Little did I know.

-- peer

Topic: Frank Zappa (1940)
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2015 4:56:07 AM

Zappa -- my hero -- my TRUE hero.

-- peer

Topic: moire
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 2:59:10 AM

"Used for fabric"..?! Perhaps the term 'moire' was use for fabric back in the 50' -- but nowadays it's used in digital imaging, for example moire is a common problem within digital filmmaking and video broadcasting.

-- peer

Topic: Charlotte Brontë (1816)
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 2:53:17 AM
[quote=Daemon]
Charlotte Brontë (1816)

Since the birthday of the most notorious & influential person in modern history, Adolf Hitler, wasn't mentioned yesterday -- the respect for this website diminished a bit for me. You (hence, TFD) should be able to acknowledge people, throughout history, who are both heroes and mass murderers.

-- peer

Topic: Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 3:48:25 AM
Shamshad Afridi wrote:
His convictions about the qualities of his so called superman were unparalleled. He had in himself that he hated in others.

Just great -- yet another shallow & facetious commentary on Nietzsche. If you have any interest in learning about "Also Sprach Zarathustra", I suggest you study some of Mazzino Montinari's research.

-- peer
Topic: "themselves" or "them self" ..?
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:40:36 AM
IMcRout wrote:
it would certainly be helpful to have the complete sentence

Complete sentence:
"If someone wanna put themselves on a pedestal (as this cop does) by claiming their work is more dangerous and demanding than others, there better be some truth behind it."

-- peer

Topic: "themselves" or "them self" ..?
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:14:56 AM

Last night a native English speaking friend of mine read an old email I sent out a few (11) years ago. He complained that the phrase "if someone wants to put themselves..." was incorrect, and should rather be "if someone wants to put them self...".

Hence my question -- is he correct..?

-- peer (norwegian)