User Name: Alisson Souza
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 119
[0.01% of all post / 0.09 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: A man said to the universe: "Sir, I exist!" "However," replied the universe, "That fact has not created in me a sense of...
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2018 10:16:57 PM
Quotation of the Day

A man said to the universe: "Sir, I exist!" "However," replied the universe, "That fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

Stephen Crane (1871-1900)

I have been thinking as a man that he still finds understanding myself with a groggy awareness. Alisson Souza - 2018
Topic: more foods, less food
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2018 11:00:04 PM
Yeah, 'More foods' is possible use 's' for each element of the group and using singular for all group such as 'less food'.
Topic: Lazarus Saturday
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2018 5:51:21 PM
Lazarus Saturday

In Brazil, we don't know this day here. However, we observance with the Lent and Holy Week, and Sunday we have celebrated the Easter Day. In the same words, Lazarus Saturday is an important day for Christianity calender was the day who Lazarus' body was called from death to the life.
Topic: Man is a rope stretched between the animal and the Superman—a rope over an abyss ... What is great in man is that he is a...
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:29:44 PM
Man is a rope stretched between the animal and the Superman—a rope over an abyss ... What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not a goal. [Friedrich Nietzsche, 1844-1900]

In that case, each man needs each other man. Because the rope will be stronger for any abyss...
Topic: St. Joseph's Day
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 7:46:23 AM
Today's holiday in Brazil, too. Here it is called "Dia de São José" We have had a lot of feasts spread around the country with prayer meetings, high mass, and bonfires too.

Happy St. Joseph's Day!
Topic: Assistance given to the weak makes the one who gives it strong.
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2018 4:14:10 PM
Assistance given to the weak makes the one who gives it strong.

Booker T. Washington (1856-1915)

Okay, not at all for all. Circumstances need to be analyzed by me. The weaker or the stronger both live with their own interesting.
Topic: No fear can stand up to hunger, no patience can wear it out, disgust simply does not exist where hunger is; and as to...
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 9:47:55 PM
Conrad, Joseph - THE SECRET AGENT: A DRAMA IN THREE ACTS [SIGNED]
London: T. Werner Laurie Ltd. 1923. Limited Edition, Conrad’s dramatization of his 1907 novel. Set in London in the year 1886: Adolf Verloc is a spy for an unnamed country (presumably Russia). Themes are anarchism, espionage, terrorism and exploitation. Signed by Joseph Conrad on the limitation page, this is copies. Image of Conrad from frontispiece. Hardcover with dust jacket, 185 pages. 8vo., 185pp.; VG/VG; spine green with tan label and maroon lettering; dust jacket protected with a mylar covering, some chipping to head and tail of spine, corners, sun-fading to spine; pale green paper boards backed in vellum, paper spine label; top edge of text block rough trimmed, others deckled; SIGNED by Joseph Conrad on the limitation page, this is 438/1000; pages largely uncut; interior clean; pages largely uncut; ffep shows some signs of beginning to separate from the following page, but is still sturdily attached; shelved case 0

Topic: No fear can stand up to hunger, no patience can wear it out, disgust simply does not exist where hunger is; and as to...
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 9:12:57 AM
No fear can stand up to hunger, no patience can wear it out, disgust simply does not exist where hunger is; and as to superstition, beliefs, and what you may call principles, they are less than chaff in a breeze. Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)

That sounds logical, two options, two decisions, and if I could have the chance to choose a twice or more the same thing, I would always have new opportunities. [Alisson Souza]

Topic: The male of the human race is commonly known (to the female) as Mere Man. The genus has two varieties: good providers and bad...
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:07:27 PM

The male of the human race is commonly known (to the female) as Mere Man. The genus has two varieties: good providers and bad providers. Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

Nowadays, both are usually known as mere people: The online store sells both female and male clothes.
Topic: When one pays a visit it is for the purpose of wasting other people's time, not one's own.
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:53:47 PM
"When one pays a visit it is for the purpose of wasting other people's time, not one's own." Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Uhh! However, I like voices them, I like to smile with them, I like to wast that time sometime when I fell missing them. [Alisson Souza]

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.