User Name: Alisson Souza
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 157
[0.02% of all post / 0.08 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: "Fat Man" Detonated over Nagasaki, Japan (1945)
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 9:30:01 PM
That was very bad. The men have a particular interest around the world. They have got unrelated decisions any time without measure the aftermaths.
Topic: "Fat Man" Detonated over Nagasaki, Japan (1945)
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 9:22:39 PM
David Briggs 1 wrote:
People are strange. I admit there's much about humans i do not understand. I come from a large Midwest family. I have always wanted a wife and kids but it just never happened to me. An ancient proverb says man makes plan but God laughs.

Sorry, but I didn't ever hear ''God laughs'' I have already heard 'accomplish/ hold'. What do you mean, exactly?
Topic: insouciance
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2019 5:24:07 PM
Wow! Insouciance is a great word for writing with more formality. For instante, "He has done a real insouciance in his life.Honeestly, a kind of goidness."
Topic: Lanimer Day Festival
Posted: Thursday, June 6, 2019 10:06:23 PM
Dancing Dancing The people of Lanark, Scotland, dedicate an entire week to inspecting and celebrating the boundary stones that enclose the territory gifted to them by King David I of Scotland in the 12th century. This event, known as the Lanimers, features public decorations, a parade of civic officials, marching bands, and a series of tableaux. The procession passes by each of the boundary stones—the days' activities close with the town clerk's pronouncement that the boundaries remain in good condition, and a 900-year-old bell rings in celebration. Dancing Dancing

On this week 2nd to 8th June-2019
Topic: Denmark Becomes a Constitutional Monarchy (1849)
Posted: Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:23:36 AM

Denmark Becomes a Constitutional Monarchy (1849)
After a flowering of literature and philosophy in the early 19th century, plans for a liberal, centralized constitution led Danish King Frederick VII to become involved in a war with Prussia over the status of the duchy of Schleswig-Holstein. Denmark was defeated and a new constitution was adopted, ending the absolute monarchy, securing civil rights for citizens, and establishing a bicameral parliament and wide suffrage. How many times has the constitution been rewritten since 1849?
Topic: Valerie Solanas Attempts to Assassinate Andy Warhol (1968)
Posted: Monday, June 3, 2019 9:44:03 PM
Think Valerie Solanas. She found herself helpless and exploited. The medical condition characterised as schizophrenia served her well. She spend only 3 years in prison. Nevertheless, the medical report written by her examining psychologists/psychistrists team certainly lacks in information indicating reliability. What is 100% sure is the demise of Andy Warhol in the next year.
Who benefited from declaring psychiatric condition on the killer? Not talking Not talking

Topic: Farhud Begins (1941)
Posted: Saturday, June 1, 2019 7:30:39 PM
Farhud Begins (1941)
During the Farhud, the pogrom carried out against the Jewish population of Baghdad after the fall of the short-lived pro-Nazi government of Rashid Ali, rioters killed about 200 Jews and injured hundreds more. It took place during the Jewish holiday of Shavuot, and, according to some, marked a turning point for Iraq's 150,000 Jews, who were thereafter targeted for persecution. Jews had lived in Iraq since about 600 BCE, but by 1951, 80% had left.

I can see some aftermath as a big wave of deaths without reason. Why, when, what .. . to, where ... from, Whom ... ?, and so on. So yet, they do not stop with that yet.
Topic: Deirdre
Posted: Saturday, June 1, 2019 7:20:45 PM
Deirdre
Often used to symbolize Ireland, Deirdre is a beautiful heroine of Irish legend. At her birth, a druid prophesied that kings and lords would go to war over her beauty. Rather than kill her outright, King Conchobar, enticed by the description of her future beauty, ordered that she be raised in seclusion until she was old enough for him to marry. However, she fell in love and fled with her lover to Scotland. After a long idyllic stay there, Conchobar lured them back to Ireland.
Topic: Principles have no real force except when one is well-fed.
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:54:58 PM
- Principles have no real force except when one is well-fed.
Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Indeed, it is well-fed depends on its social status. Mathematically speaking this has been disproportional. The Principles don't go back to moral. Bad fed has principles and well fed has principles too.
Topic: Vacuums
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2019 11:35:44 PM
Vacuum

Existing only in theory, a vacuum is space without matter in it. What about their synonyms? At the same way only change some words such as void,and empty.Think empty space or void space.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.