User Name: kfoob
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 12
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: uncnforceable
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2020 11:54:27 AM
Hmm I feel there is a typo here (actually 2) : So if the C in ACDD stands for consistency, then in a seNse the property is trivial;' and if it stands for correctness, then it is unEnforceable. Either way, therefore, the property is essentially meaningless, at least from a formal standpoint. As already indicated, our own preference would be to say that the C stands for correctness; then we can go on to regard "the correctness property" not really as a property as such, but rather as a desideratum." I believe the first word is 'Unenforceable - something that cannot be maintained, upheld. In this case, the author means the C cannot stand for 'correctness'. As for Desideratum, it refers to something desired, but not actually enacted. Desiderata relates to a list of things one wishes for, a 'wish list' of sorts.
Topic: by horse
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 4:29:34 PM
maybe 'He catched up with the fox on horseback/on his horse' ?
Topic: options-1
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2020 3:37:10 PM
1 feels more literal, like narrating a story. Also feels like the text does not call out to the reader.
2 feels like a step-by-step guide or 'how-to' directions. The reader feels addressed.
Topic: Devilishly Handsome
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 10:31:00 AM
See also : Handsome devil
Topic: The new superhero
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:20:47 PM
Love it! :)
Topic: Van Gogh stolen
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2020 4:32:57 PM
Thanks for the vocabulary addition :)
Topic: A happy-go-lucky young man...
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 12:33:48 PM
I agree with FounDit. I could also suggest for the last sentence to change 'But' for 'However'
Topic: guess wrong or wrongly?
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 1:52:29 PM
'Wrongly' is usually before its subject (wrongly accused, wrongly convicted, etc.), so 'You guessed wrong' is the right guess :)
Topic: A Superb Poem.
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 11:27:39 AM
I like! And I have a nagging feeling I read this in a Calvin & Hobbes strip...
Topic: This salad is not as fresh as it looks/appears (to be).
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 10:28:58 AM
All 3 look/appear/appear to be correct - it's a matter of language level (formal/colloquial) at this point (or whether one is writing an essay and needs to add wording to reach the word limit!)