Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 38
[0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Mock fraternity
Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 11:45:14 AM
Hey, Romany,
in a formal text one must use proper referencing. However, in an informal communication, like this one, I would not be so strict. My comment did not criticize any of the contributors to this discussion but to remind one of them not to be so strict, especially so at the onset of the New year.
Topic: Mock fraternity
Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 3:35:04 AM
tunaafi wrote:
Omar Mariani wrote:
Mock: imitation, artificial, man-made, manufactured, simulated, synthetic, ersatz, plastic, so-called, fake, false, faux, reproduction, replica, facsimile, dummy, model, toy, make-believe, sham, spurious, bogus, counterfeit, fraudulent, forged, pseudo, pretended

If you are quoting from some dictionary or thesaurus, please credit your source.

Happy New Year to you too.Boo hoo!
Topic: Actually English is simple.
Posted: Friday, January 2, 2015 3:30:14 AM
It is very useful to enroll a proper course in English language. Only then your persistence will pay-off. Using wrong grammar repeatedly may not improve your English but rather cemented it.
Topic: onomatopoeia for the sound when two electric currents meet
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2014 5:27:37 AM
An everyday device where two electric currents are present at the same time is transformer. The only way for them to "meet" is via short circuit. The noise that accompany such an event may vary from zero to an explosion, depending on the power.
Topic: Words seem to be exponentially universal when written.
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 1:19:07 AM
I guess that every word may acquire new or additional meaning. A live language is permanently in development, mostly in the street and eventually ends up in dictionaries. Take "cool" for example. It's now an everyday word in Croatian. Twenty years ago it was nonexistent in the world of teenagers.
Topic: The difference between 'I' and 'me' & 'We' and 'us'[Personal pronouns]
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 1:09:10 AM
........, we at..... is correct.
Topic: The Laws of Physics
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 2:30:59 AM
There are not laws of physics independent of our experiments, observations and understanding. We write those laws in a permanent essay to understand the space where we exist. From time to time we change the laws or put limits to the existing ones because of new experiments and observations.
Topic: Number 2
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 9:45:29 AM
In my school "the number 2" is not correct.
Topic: regular vacation
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 9:33:03 AM
The teacher uses "regular" in order to emphasize that the excursion is kind of a vacation but not the regular (or real) one.
Topic: that prevent
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:30:52 AM
What does that TO prevent you from doing IT?