User Name: Gary98
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,706
[0.16% of all post / 0.69 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: iNDIAN CRISIS
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:29:24 PM
Would you rather let your people die than accept China's help, like Modi? Unfortunately, we in the states are fully occupied right now, and are not much help to you guys.
Topic: How do you understand this sentence?
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2021 4:33:15 PM
The law of inheritance is transcendent. It applies to garden peas, fruit flies and human beings quite the same. If there were a god, this must be HIS work.

He must be a genus who was able to figure out HIS work for us all.
Topic: malfunction faim
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2021 11:23:47 PM
malfunction: To fail to function properly.
Volatile storage: a type of computer memory that needs power to preserve stored data. If the computer is switched off, anything stored in the volatile memory is removed or deleted. RAM/CMOS are Volatile storages.
non-volatile storage: Hard Drive/tape

Hardware malfunction or buggy software will causes the loss of the content of volatile storage and stop transaction processing. Non-volatile storage is not affected.
Topic: restore
Posted: Thursday, March 4, 2021 5:04:13 PM
TFD: recovery: n.
1. The act, process, duration, or an instance of recovering.
2. A return to a normal or healthy condition.

restore: tr.v.
2. To bring back to an original or normal condition: restore a building; restored the patient to health.

They mean quite the same in the second meaning: back to an original or normal condition. Recovery refer to the "process" too, not just the action.
Topic: A question about the structure of phrasal verbs
Posted: Thursday, March 4, 2021 12:02:28 PM
Phrasal verb: an idiomatic phrase consisting of a verb and another element. You need to look out for them, check them out and memorize them.

They are all invented by native speaker to better express themselves. More are on the way!

Don't be annoyed. Enjoy it like FounDit!

talk around
1. To persuade: I talked them around to my point of view.
2. To speak indirectly about: talked around the subject but never got to the point.
Topic: Complete or incomplete sentences
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2021 3:52:47 PM
Both are infinitive phrases, see here
Topic: “code” and "architecture"
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 11:48:55 AM
TFD: code:

code - a set of rules or principles or laws (especially written ones)

architectures:
4. the structure or design of anything

architectures are used as an example, right?
Topic: He would have won, unless he had tripped.
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 4:58:26 PM
You want to check out Subjunctive Mood in
The Farlex Grammar Book > English Grammar > Inflection (Accidence) > Conjugation > Mood

B: In my opinion, John would have won had he not tripped.

Where was John an hour ago? He would have been in the classroom had he not tripped and broken his leg.

Half of your sentence is in Subjunctive Mood and it is fine. The other half is not.
Topic: I consider myself lucky because of my wife/the kind of wife?
Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2021 10:01:17 AM
Let me help you a little bit. Pray

Your feel lucky that, for a second, a girl/guy had glanced at you. Isn't that heavenly? You didn't know how to feel when she said she/he will marry you a few month later.

She/He is far, far above your pay grade. You didn't mean to punch above your weight. Ever since that little glance was cast on you, heavenly gate had opened.

Romance novel should help you out much better.
Topic: granularity
Posted: Monday, February 8, 2021 10:08:00 AM
granularity (ˌɡrænjʊˈlærɪtɪ)
n
1. the state or quality of being grainy or granular
2. the state or quality of being composed of many individual pieces or elements.

Different materials have different granularity. Some are more granular than the others. Within the limit (of its granularity), you choose the "appropriate granularity". The granularity you choose have a tradeoff between concurrency and overhead. The bigger the size, the more concurrency and less overhead. The smaller the size, the less concurrency and more overhead.

The material you work with are all the information in your database: files, names, dates, objects, order# and all its associated info. etc.

In geology, minerals has granularity, in computer science, the material you deal with has granularity too. When you send a file over the net, you have to break them up into packets.

Different materials have different granularity.