User Name: Gary98
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,712
[0.16% of all post / 0.67 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: President Biden supports "right to repair."
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 4:38:32 PM
The thoughts are good but they are wishful thinking. What good is the free-repair-forever policy if a girl wants to cut and tear a pair of new jean to make it looks tattered? She has to have a hole on the leg.

The US spent over 700 billions a year on military, at first for going into war. And now we spend more and more every year no matter wars have been ended. For all those money for the US military, Russia has better supersonic missiles, China has more navy ships. Many billions are unaccounted for, which we can give kids less expensive or even free college education, and Universal healthcare for every citizen.

Corporations has to make the money one way or the other. Military needs their money. The one percent have got theirs, the rest can, in the winds, sway. The society is a capitalist one anyway, everyone for their own.

You can brainstorm again and come back to us, please.

P.S. Kidding.

Topic: Donald Rumsfeld (1932-2021)
Posted: Friday, July 2, 2021 5:26:17 PM
soybeans wrote:
Gary98 wrote:
"As long as I live, the Chinese Communist Party will not last over 100 years", by Donald Rumsfeld?

Apparently they just celebrated their 100th

Don kept his promise by dying a day before their big celebration. That quote is to be confirmed, likely supposititious.
Topic: Donald Rumsfeld (1932-2021)
Posted: Friday, July 2, 2021 9:46:54 AM
"As long as I live, the Chinese Communist Party will not last over 100 years", by Donald Rumsfeld?
Topic: CDC Grossly Exaggerated - New York Times
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 4:03:09 PM
To stir the pot a little: "Opinion: Congress is investigating whether the 2019 Military World Games in Wuhan was a covid-19 superspreader event", see here.

It really doesn't hurt that much to cover up with a face mask if one more human being can be saved from all those Alpha/Delta/CCP/UK/Indian varaents.
Topic: Is DuckDuckGo controlled by China?
Posted: Sunday, June 6, 2021 12:18:57 PM
Víctor Lplz wrote:
There is nothing new about it. China is a dictatorship. One day it will fall down. Let us hope that it happens soon!

You must like Gordon G. Chang and his "The Coming Collapse of China". If you have not read it, here is the advise of Trailrunner: Be aware that this book was written 20 years ago, is over priced, and everything it predicts would happen has not happened.

Topic: "I never buy things new. Instead, I go to thrift stores and buy things used."
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2021 11:16:19 AM
"I never buy things new" is short for "I never buy things that are new", which is pedantic.
Topic: iNDIAN CRISIS
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:29:24 PM
Would you rather let your people die than accept China's help, like Modi? Unfortunately, we in the states are fully occupied right now, and are not much help to you guys.
Topic: How do you understand this sentence?
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2021 4:33:15 PM
The law of inheritance is transcendent. It applies to garden peas, fruit flies and human beings quite the same. If there were a god, this must be HIS work.

He must be a genus who was able to figure out HIS work for us all.
Topic: malfunction faim
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2021 11:23:47 PM
malfunction: To fail to function properly.
Volatile storage: a type of computer memory that needs power to preserve stored data. If the computer is switched off, anything stored in the volatile memory is removed or deleted. RAM/CMOS are Volatile storages.
non-volatile storage: Hard Drive/tape

Hardware malfunction or buggy software will causes the loss of the content of volatile storage and stop transaction processing. Non-volatile storage is not affected.
Topic: restore
Posted: Thursday, March 4, 2021 5:04:13 PM
TFD: recovery: n.
1. The act, process, duration, or an instance of recovering.
2. A return to a normal or healthy condition.

restore: tr.v.
2. To bring back to an original or normal condition: restore a building; restored the patient to health.

They mean quite the same in the second meaning: back to an original or normal condition. Recovery refer to the "process" too, not just the action.