The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Profile: hedy mmm
About
User Name: hedy mmm
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests: Reading, flying, hunting, singing, designing jewelry, painting, studying the bible, volunteering
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,284
[0.14% of all post / 0.70 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Wonder
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 9:53:26 PM
Sentence (2) is correct...just remove the quote marks...I’m assuming they are there to distinguish the words in question only.

"God graced us with today....don't waste it." hedy
Topic: an example of beauty
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 11:32:27 AM
Of course nightdream it's correct Applause
The adage “Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder”, defines just that...
For eg. you can describe someone as beautiful, because although not pretty, she has inner beauty (tender, loving, patient, kind, in fact all the fruits of the spirit)....which is ‘an example of beauty’...

Have a blessed weekend!

hedy Dancing

Topic: an example of beauty
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 11:31:47 AM
Of course nightdream it's correct Applause
The adage “Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder”, defines just that...
For eg. you can describe someone as beautiful, because although not pretty, she has inner beauty (tender, loving, patient, kind, in fact all the fruits of the spirit)....which is ‘an example of beauty’...

Have a blessed weekend!

hedy Dancing

Topic: Purple Heart Day
Posted: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 9:55:02 AM
I am thrilled that 'Today's Holiday' commemorates the recipients of the Purple Heart.

Last evening I shared my dad's memories of the war, as well as my husband who served in the Air Force, and his brother who, in his 30 yrs in the army, did three tours in Vietnam...his daughter and husband, are graduates of West Point.

My dad, born in 1910, served in WWII and received many honors.

Upon reading TFD today, I called the National Purple Heart Hall of Fame, and will be getting the info of all the awards my dad received during his life in the military"

There is no QUESTION in my mind that my beloved USA, is more so now than ever...
"Home of the Free, Because of the Brave"

hedy mmm
q

Topic: The story of a young lady...
Posted: Friday, August 2, 2019 6:04:58 PM
Amybal wrote:
Hi, is there anything wrong in these sentences?

Short summary
The story of a young lady from rural estate who moves to Kuala Lumpur in hopes of better living, but has to goes through financial hard times and family problems.

Long summary
Based on true events, Ananthi, is a 20 year-old girl living in the estates of Slim River, Perak. She is the youngest of three siblings and the family is poor. After suffering tragic loss of her parents, she moves to Kuala Lumpur in hopes for a better living. She received support and makes new friends, including Bala and just when things starts to turn good, financial and family problems soon arises.

—————-
Hi Amybal,
It’s written pretty well, however I have a few minor grammatical corrections:

Short summary
The story of a young lady from a rural estate who moves to Kuala Lumpur in hopes of a better life, but has to goes through financial hard times (or financial difficulties) and family problems.

Long summary
Based on true events, Ananthi, is a 20 year-old girl living in the estates of Slim River, Perak. She is the youngest of three siblings and her family is poor. After suffering the tragic loss of her parents, she moves to Kuala Lumpur in hopes for a better life. She receives support and makes new friends, including Bala, but just when things start to get better, financial and family problems soon begin to arise.

hedy

Topic: The story of a young lady...
Posted: Friday, August 2, 2019 6:04:08 PM
Amybal wrote:
Hi, is there anything wrong in these sentences?

Short summary
The story of a young lady from rural estate who moves to Kuala Lumpur in hopes of better living, but has to goes through financial hard times and family problems.

Long summary
Based on true events, Ananthi, is a 20 year-old girl living in the estates of Slim River, Perak. She is the youngest of three siblings and the family is poor. After suffering tragic loss of her parents, she moves to Kuala Lumpur in hopes for a better living. She received support and makes new friends, including Bala and just when things starts to turn good, financial and family problems soon arises.

—————-
Hi Amybal,
It’s written pretty well, however I have a few minor grammatical corrections:

Short summary
The story of a young lady from a rural estate who moves to Kuala Lumpur in hopes of a better life, but has to goes through financial hard times (or financial difficulties) and family problems.

Long summary
Based on true events, Ananthi, is a 20 year-old girl living in the estates of Slim River, Perak. She is the youngest of three siblings and her family is poor. After suffering the tragic loss of her parents, she moves to Kuala Lumpur in hopes for a better life. She receives support and makes new friends, including Bala, but just when things start to get better, financial and family problems soon begin to arise.

hedy

Topic: the meaning of heliotherapy please?
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 10:39:53 AM
Actually TFD's definition is not wholly true! (Sorry Daemon!)

Heliotherapy, in part, is breathing-in salty air for health benefits, and not just exposure to sunlight (outdoor light) which is the reason for many skin disorders and also SAD, (Seasonal Affective Disorder)

Halotherapy is light therapy, also called phototherapy, you sit a few feet from a special light box so that you're exposed to bright light within the first hour of waking up each day. Light therapy mimics natural outdoor light and appears to cause a change in brain chemicals linked to mood.

I had suffered, as a child, with SAD before I was diagnosed at 23...I would cry at the drop of a hat, wake up sad, not sleep well, especially through the fall/winter months and I would thrive in the spring/summer ...my husband, the brainiac scientist, took me to our chiropractor/holistic Doctor, who confirmed the diagnosis. The best therapy was to enjoy the sun and sit out in the winter during its very few hrs of sunlight...no light or salt therapy, no drugs, no problems with skin disorders...¡nada! I worship the Sun and the Son in every season...not necessarily in that order....and I've got joy!

Welcome Mba learning to TFD's forum.
hedy

Topic: about a wild animal
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 10:48:29 PM
georgew wrote:
Your response was beyond humorous - it was positively heady! Applause

I like that comeback georgewApplause ...sorry I hadn't checked out TFD forum all day...work kinda puts a crimp on Funtime!d'oh!

Anywho...welcome to TFD and the forum...Dancing

I just realized that you probably did mean 'something' nightdream, but used the text-shortcut-distortion 'smth'... (clever of you to suggest it georgew) Applause

and BTW please nightdream don't lose sleep thinking about wolves, ok?Shame on you

hedy

Topic: about a wild animal
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 7:31:41 PM
Hi nightdream,

The only definition of SMTH I know is a term used in British railway signal engineering referring to the Signal Maintenance Testing Handbook, a document maintained by Network Rail.

I'm not sure if foxes and wolves 'take', pick up', 'carry', 'bring' or 'put' any handbooks up the mountain...but most definetly they can get their food to any mountain top...or they could eat their food where they find it!

It's like the story..."where does a gorilla sleep? Answer: anywhere he wants!"

You probably meant something different...hope my response was humorous...life is so serious already!d'oh!

hedyDancing

Topic: Happy Birthday America! "Home of the FREE Because of the BRAVE"
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 2:19:14 PM
Five days later it bears repeating...nothing shameful about it!

Happy Birthday America!
"Home of the FREE Because of the BRAVE"

Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.