The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Profile: hedy mmm
About
User Name: hedy mmm
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests: Reading, flying, hunting, singing, designing jewelry, painting, studying the bible, volunteering
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,092
[0.12% of all post / 0.72 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Bailiwick
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 8:57:59 AM
Hi DOOM,

His 'game' or his 'thing' are also suitable synonyms.

hedy

"God graced us with today....don't waste it." hedy
Topic: When will Jesus come back ?
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2018 9:07:21 AM
Oh, He's coming back all right..

He will come as a "thief in the night" to many...to the rest of us who have a relationship with our Lord "know the season" of His return...for we have many clues...same as when you know that Fall is approaching...temperatures drop, (even the trees have a clue and prepare for Winter)... the bible says, "my sheep know my voice"...

He's coming soon...if you're really curious read His ''instructions" as to the 'season' of His return...

Absinthius, if you want to pretend and/or remain 'clueless', do so...my question is, where will you spend eternity? Think

hedymmm

Topic: This Is What Lunar Eclipses Can Teach Us About The Universe
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2018 12:43:09 PM
God created the Sun, Moon and the Stars.
He placed them all in the sky, and He calls all the stars by name.

Do you think the Lunar or Solar eclipses occur without meaning?
These eclipses are God's signs, using his creation, to warn us of things to come...that is the lesson.

Sadly, how many think that they can explain it away with man's definitions scientifically, such as this thread.

Until we heed His warnings, the disasters that have periled our world, will continue, for alas, we haven't learned...

hedy

Topic: Grammar
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2018 9:06:04 AM
Amybal wrote:
Hi, do you see anything grammatically wrong in these sentence?
Short summary
The youngest son of a family, Gunasingam tries his best to keep his big family united despite him being misunderstood by many.

Long suuamry
Gunasingam lives a humble life despite being the son of a landlord. His life revolves around his large family and relatives and he loves them ardently. However, things do not remain the same when he falls in love with the most beautiful girl in the village. This leads to several disputes and misunderstanding among the family members, and eventually many of them start disliking Gunasingam. Will he able to win the heart of his disappointed family?

Very minor corrections Amybal:
Short summary
The youngest son of a familyGunasingam tries his best to keep his big family united despite him being misunderstood by many.
(Although, to summarize it better, after "by many" it could include ..."who don't understand his heart.")
Long suuamry
Gunasingam lives a humble life despite being the son of a landlord. His life revolves around his large family and relatives, and he loves them ardently. However, things do not remain the same when he falls in love with the most beautiful girl in the village. This leads to several disputes and misunderstandings among the family members, and eventually many of them start disliking Gunasingam. Will he be able to win the hearts of his disappointed family?

Topic: Is a dentist a doctor?
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 12:35:22 PM
Of course they are MD's...there was a time before the nightmare of HMO's took over, that your doctor could address a hangnail, headache, toothache, backache, pneumonia, birth, death, ect ....he would come to your home and it didn't cost an arm and a leg....back in the 50's, Dr. Zelson would come to our house with his black bag....

Today you have a 'Primary' doctor, who's office is in an HMO facility...you have an appointment booked 3 months before for 2pm, and on that day you sit and wait for 2-4 hrs until you name is called to actually see the doctor...who takes your temp, blood pressure, heart rate, height, weight...asks a few questions (all within 15 minutes, which is what he's allotted) and write referrals for blood work, urine, mammogram, colonoscopy, and to all the 'Specialized practitioners"....it's 'Managed' care...but it's the HMO who do all the managing—they have quite successfully managed to line their pockets...while the doctor sees 3,000 to 4,000 patients a year!! Brick wall

Only an idiot would find a dentist, who actually knows all about HIS field in the Medical profession, patronizingly amusing!

Sorry Wilmar (USA) ...I took off on a tangent, obviously it's a sticky point with me, suffice to say, you are right!

Actually, maybe we should all laugh! d'oh!

Topic: Which are the correct phrases in the above sentences?
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2018 10:17:30 PM
Ditto, NKM...
The wording 'When I was' already implies a time, which was 'then'.

Topic: Marie Besnard Charged with Multiple Murders (1949)
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 10:52:33 AM
Today's 'Day in History':
Marie Besnard was acquitted of multiple (13) murder charges in 1949...

She was acquitted in this life but she will not get away with it—when she stands before God, she will get her due...of this I'm sure of...God does not like ugly. "What you reap, you will sow"

Thank you for the article Daemon.
hedy

Topic: single or double quotation marks.
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 4:04:30 PM
I love your response Sarrriesfan Applause Applause
I need to enjoy a blush Zinfandel more often...thanks for the reminder...guess that's what was missing at my Sunday lunch of 'Mussels Cognac'...yum, yum, yum ...Whistle

Topic: Please check if my sentences are ok.
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 8:11:29 AM
Aoronly Kuilai...

I know I speak for Foundi and I when I say, "Sorry for sounding accusatory" Pray

...Although I don't often post on the forum, (my work keeps me quite busy so I just exercise my brain), I love to help TFDers with their grammar.

So just ask on...we, native speakers, are here to teach!

I must say, your correct use of 'next to nil', was quite impressive!
Forgive my jesting...at the end of the day I like to have fun too!!! Dancing

...And again I say, Welcome to TFD! Dancing
hedy

Topic: Please check if my sentences are ok.
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 2:47:15 PM
1. There had to be someone we know that sneaked into my room and stole my money—it's highly likely that that someone is Tom.

2. He told me that he is going somewhere this Friday nightif you know him, that 'somewhere' must be a pub.

3. She said when we last met she would come to visit me sometime soonthat 'sometime' is likely to be this week.

I'm as curious as Foundit ...are they homework? Are you cheating? Eek! If so, you will never learn! We're gonna tell on you!

BTW Aoronly Kwilai, Welcome to TFD...hedy Dancing
(We better not find out you're cheating...)
Shame on you d'oh! Brick wall Not talking

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.