Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 676
[0.07% of all post / 0.43 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Is the Earth Flat?
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2018 5:58:08 PM
I don't want to comment on the actual earth being flat but here is a good book that explains how the world is flat:

https://www.amazon.com/World-Flat-Thomas-Friedman/dp/1598954814

The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman was one of the better books I bothered to read in the last few months. It will give you some food for thought about how our "world" is changing.

As for the physical planet, well I am not so worried about it being flat or round, but I think we all should be concerned about it sustaining us in the near future.

One more thing, the earth is actually a flattened sphere according to some: https://www.universetoday.com/66515/how-many-miles-around-the-earth/

Check out the link and read the article from Universe Today a site written by scientists (I believe astronomers) who have a lot to say about this subject, if you want to learn more.

"Your life matters more than you will ever know, so live it well"
Topic: 1M club....finally
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2018 5:49:50 PM
Dear NeuroticHellFem:

WOW I can see that you have at least twice as many points...so yes, you are probably addicted, LOL Whistle

I wonder if there is a group we should start for those of us who are addicted to WOW and other features...not that it would help much...Whistle

Thanks for the call-out...I just wanted to mark my "right" of passage here...Dancing

Now I will work diligently to attain the next goal, 2M...if I live that long...

Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2018 6:52:01 PM
Magnus:

Yes I do believe the "10" came about when I hit 500,000 but I can't remember...and yes, I know that if I could play the on-line games I would get more points. However, I live in China and the platforms for playing those games are not available here. So, I just plod along...Whistle

I also wish the points after 1M showed up with more detail...before I hit 1M I could easily tell who was ahead and by how much...now it's just a sea of others with 1M and they are ahead...maybe though in the end it's better I don't know so I won't be so tempted to keep playing all day, Think

Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2018 4:49:10 AM
DraOnspeaker:

Yeah, I can't seem to figure out how some people zoom past me. I seem to plod along and I'm lucky to get 1000 points a day, but some people can get that it seems in an hour...hmmmm Think

I have been plodding along for 4 years to get to this milestone...and I have tried hard to keep my time to just one hour a day...it's addicting to be sure...LOL Whistle

Thanks for the acknowledgment...

Topic: An Open Letter to the Admin
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2018 2:06:11 AM
I am completely at a loss as to the point of this thread now. It appears that two people are not able to get along...and they seem to want to pull others into the fray. Seriously? I wasn't going to comment and I will probably regret making this comment, but can the two of you just let it go and move on? Compared to other problems in our world today, this my friends isn't worth it.

To the admin people...while I respect that you feel "less is more" in terms of moderating this site...sometimes deleting a thread might be good for all. This has now degraded to the point where it's just useless bantering.

Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 6:26:15 PM
Okay not a big deal to anyone but me...but today I finally reached 1M neurons! Okay I need a life, got it...but everyone should have a hobby, LOL Whistle

I thought I might retire now but then again, I'm curious to see how long it will take me to reach 2M...something to aim for..d'oh!

Plugging on...

Topic: Kaddish - for those in Pittsburgh
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 5:55:49 PM
Thank you Hope for the update.

One day I "hope" we can all learn that "faith" isn't an exclusive club, but rather it's inclusive. It also applies to ANY differences we may have. Racism in all forms is just ugly and should never be tolerated. Nuff said!

Topic: 13 Pm, 47 Em,---- Seriously!?
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2018 6:56:12 PM
It's all Greek to me...All I know is it isn't next-door and it won't be my neighbor anytime soon...so I'm not all that concerned. I suppose it's important to someone but I have enough to deal with just figuring simple math, inches or feet, or is it meters and centimeters??? That is enough for me. BTW why do we need two systems? After living with metric and Centigrade now for over 10 years it feels weird to go back to that "other" system. Whistle

Topic: Kaddish - for those in Pittsburgh
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2018 6:02:05 PM
In Memory of those who died at "Tree of Life" Saturday:

Yit’gadal v’yit’kadash sh’mei raba ’al’ma di v’ra khir’utei

May His great Name grow exalted and sanctified in the world that He created as He willed

v’yam’likh mal’khutei b’chayeikhon uv’yomeikhon

May He give reign to His kingship in your lifetimes and in your days,

uv’chayei d’khol beit yis’ra’eil a’agala uviz’man kariv v’im’ru

and in the lifetimes of the entire Family of Israel,swiftly and soon

Y’hei sh’mei raba m’varakh l’alam ul’al’mei al’maya

May His great Name be blessed forever and ever

Yit’barakh v’yish’tabach v’yit’pa’ar v’yit’romam v’yit’nasei
v’yit’hadar v’yit’aleh v’yit’halal sh’mei d’kud’sha

Blessed, praised, glorified, exalted, extolled,
mighty, upraised, and lauded be the Name of the Holy One

B’rikh hu
Blessed is He

l’eila min kol bir’khata v’shirata
toosh’b’chatah v’nechematah, da’ameeran b’al’mah, v’eemru

beyond any blessing and song,
praise and consolation that are uttered in the world

Amein
Amen

Y’hei sh’lama raba min sh’maya
v’chayim aleinu v’al kol yis’ra’eil v’im’ru

May there be abundant peace from Heaven
and life upon us and upon all Israel

Amein
Amen

Oseh shalom bim’romav hu ya’aseh shalom
aleinu v’al kol Yis’ra’eil v’im’ru

He Who makes peace in His heights, may He make peace,
upon us and upon all Israel

Amein
Amen

Topic: Word in word glitch today Oct. 18, 2018
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:54:45 PM
Dear TDF:

Thank you...it works today...now I can get on with my life... Whistle

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.