Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 780
[0.08% of all post / 0.34 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: 2020 - The Perfect Storm
Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2020 8:52:13 PM
Hope:

I know you are venting...trust me, I have had my venting too just not here. I am feeling overwhelmed by "nice" people who want to tell me about my government and my country...please don't.

I have chosen to live abroad for the last 13 years. I love my country, I just can't stand to live there right now. However, being an American abroad at this time is not fun either. We are held accountable for the actions of a country where we really can't do much except to vote out the really bad apples. Sometimes however, they remain because of the apathy of the voters.

In my opinion as an American, our system is broken and has been for decades. We were never meant to have a two party system...it's not in our constitution. We were supposed to give voice to ALL but right now only those who can shout the loudest are being heard. This is not how it's supposed to work.

I apologize for how badly we (America the USA) has acted. I apologize for our rotten leader who has caused more problems than he will ever solve. I wish that more of the people who truly embody what it means to be an American would stand up and be heard and make the change that we really need right now.

Please understand, I didn't vote for this, I don't support it, I really want no part of it but it is my responsibility to take a stand and let my voice be heard. It won't be easy to do living abroad, but daily I try to embody what it is that makes America special. I try to be a living example of what the founding members of our nation tried to create. A place where people could live lives free from tyranny, able to choose who and how to worship (or not), work together to create communities where everyone matters...that is at the heart of what America is supposed to be. If each of us who claim to be citizens can do that then just maybe the "dream" lives on.

I pray for the day when the Independent Party steps up and we really can have choices for change that will matter. After this fiasco, it will be a tough job for the person who takes over to truly "make America great again" because right now we are not.

Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2020 12:47:51 AM
Hope:

I will not and can't stop you from ranting. Thank you for permission to trash talk your leader however, no matter what the facts say, I don't feel it is my place to do it. You can do it if you wish, but please do understand that for some of us who are Americans we feel it's really not your place to do it. There are enough of us who are fed up. We hate what we have become to the global society because of him, but that can only be fixed by our citizens who vote and decide it's time to fix it. You can have your say but it won't change anything if those who are more entitled (because of citizenship) fail to do their part.

Sorry but I stand by my opinion it's really up to Americans to deal with this, as we are the only ones who can change it.

Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 6:28:28 PM
While it is easy to wag a finger and say the obvious about the idiot in the White House, the real blame lies with us the American public who put him there.

Now it's up to us to either do another 4 years of this or not. While it's not a perfect system it is what we call democracy and like it or not it's what our country is based upon. We are in "theory" a government of the people, for the people and (most importantly) by the people...so where is the adult??? Look in the mirror and vote.

BTW while what we do as a country does affect those around us, those around us really shouldn't be pointing fingers. I am fairly brave when I say that you probably don't have a perfect government either and just because our government has made it a lot easier for us to be poked at doesn't mean you don't have issues too. However, I for one don't feel it's proper to speak out about your governments (as I am not a citizen) it would be thoughtful if you did the same.Whistle
Topic: The Struggle with China is not a Replay of the Cold War
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2020 8:07:27 PM
Gary98:

As someone who lives in China...this is dead on. Thanks for posting the link, I will be passing it along.
Topic: things are not working right
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2020 6:59:03 PM
TFD Support finally responded to me, the bell is there to let us know when a new word is posted or feature articles change. So finally an answer. Yippee.
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2020 1:02:56 AM
It seems to appear if I click on word of the day, or some of the other articles and it has a red circle with a 9 next to it. Not sure what it means but I won't click on it again because when I did is when I had the main page issues...I really can't figure out what it does or what it means...anyone?
Topic: New "Bell" ??
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2020 1:00:25 AM
Terry Cheng 20:

I know what I wrote...but, can you answer the mystery? Otherwise I am not sure why you repeated what I wrote, huh?

Okay the bell shows up when I click certain articles and it has a red circle with a 9...anyone want to make a guess what it means?

LRai
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 6:40:17 PM
Okay the glitch with my front page is resolved...not sure how, but today I can see my stats again. However the bell is back and now if someone can please explain it that would solve this mystery.

I won't click on it again as that is what caused the problem, but it would be nice if things are done to the site if we had some info explaining why? Just asking.
Topic: New "Bell" ??
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 6:38:11 PM
Bell is back and I still have no idea what it does or why I see it? Can anyone explain this please?
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 1:34:46 AM
Okay now the Mystery Bell is gone and since the one time it did appear I have yet to see it again but I still can't access my stats from the main page like I did before the "bell" came to be. Not sure what is wrong but I'd really like to fix it please.